Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree116Likes

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tazmadman
I setup and run a dog club website and 12 mths ago we setup a facebook page now i dont think anyone looks at the website but the facebook page has 250 members and ive setup about 6 admins who gaurd it carefully for unwanted posts and i think it was the best thing we did
Every day there is activity on there
Originally Posted by KalEl63
I was trialling the calendar in the webpage when I first set up the site it is a good feature.
As Jeff said we also have a Facebook page which has a similar feature and more than one person as a manager of the page who can enter details.

Please keep in mind for those who don’t know what it sometimes takes to do something on a webpage can take hours or can take 5 minutes and Jeff is only one person in control of the webpage.

Personally I would like to see a bit more activity on our Facebook page even if it is pictures or ARCR members who have been out and about, got new cars or just turning the page over as we have a lot of likes on that page and activity will only help it and us as another avenue of info because not everyone is on RCTech.

Thoughts?
Faceache is a lot easier to access and post events etc, not to mention new members exposure.. ;-) and with most phones with apps etc these days it makes sense..!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

No idea how to use or access Facebook...... My opinion throw it on the arcr web page.......
Dos the answer was you didn't make the a main.....
Casey still waiting for my massage..... Hope you have nice strong hands...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by window mark
No idea how to use or access Facebook...... My opinion throw it on the arcr web page.......
Dos the answer was you didn't make the a main.....
Casey still waiting for my massage..... Hope you have nice strong hands...
Made the A Main. Ended up 6th or 7th overall...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Likewise, not everyone has a Facebook account. Non FB members shouldn't be omitted. Dates should still be published on the website. Either in list form or on a graphical calender.

Wordress offers some very easy calanders plugins which can be administered by multiple people if needed. (No extra software required either, its all on-line.). Something to think about.

Also while I'm here, hows the best way to pay memberships? Haven't had the opportunity to pay mine yet. (Ricko has left on-road racing)
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I m going to clear a this up.
My post was saying we need to put it on both the website and FB not which one and it would be nice to get more traffic thru the FB page as it is easier to do than on a website.

Website are a bit more static to info as well

It was also just saying that sometimes things on a website are not a "push of a button" and its done.

But keep this in mind the way of a website page, hosting costs and also someone to run a page in comparison to a Facebook page, Facebook wins hands down and is also the way clubs and even some businesses are doing it now.
You also don't have to be a FB member to access the info either

Food for thought that is all, but a calendar is on both and should be used and requires that info to be fed to the right people to put it on them.
we have both they both serve a purpose so use them.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi every one just wondering if every one seen the race results for the summer cup railway race way. When mp going to hold a two day race.... As got a few locals keen to come up for a steer. Most happy the way the cup went here besides the heat. There was very little tyre wear and a bit of traction. Ill keep you all posted when next event is. Thanks to the person who did the video it was cool.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Oh for got to mention dos only a few changes to your car lol don't believe that lol... More like 500 changes lol. Just stick to stock it's fast and reliable. As may changes as you make all your screws would fall out after each race ... Or you put new screws in with every set up change.. Lol hope you make next railway race we missed you if you can't tell.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by k goody
Oh for got to mention dos only a few changes to your car lol don't believe that lol... More like 500 changes lol. Just stick to stock it's fast and reliable. As may changes as you make all your screws would fall out after each race ... Or you put new screws in with every set up change.. Lol hope you make next railway race we missed you if you can't tell.
LOL...........
Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Update

Hello all. I was just wondering if we(members) are going to receive a update on all things club related? it has been a month since the last meeting in which a fair bit was discussed. Since then I'm sure there has been other developments, concerns or issues brought up or are these things only committee members need to know
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone
I would like to know if your track is going to be loose or high grip?
Should I mount motors on rear or mid set up?
Which motor would you guys recommend for my losi 22 buggy

Can't wait to come racing
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Busterbow
Hi everyone

Given Mitchell Park and any track in the future has not been developed its hard to guess grip. I would say it will be looser surface (as Mitchell Park is now) and will suit a rear mount car much more than mid.

I would recommend a 10.5 motor as you wont need anymore at Mitchell park.
I used one at Malee Madness and it is a resonably long straight and my car was quick enough
(I could have added a lot more boost if I wanted more - it was coming off the track at 49 degrees)

Last edited by mister_g; 03-06-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Mr g
Rear mount and 10.5 it is
Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Mr g
Rear mount and 10.5 it is
I also ran this combo( Novak 10.5 and esc, no timing adv. ) at Mallee madness and my B4.1 was great. My eyesight let me down.......doh!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k goody

LOL...........

Hang on a second here you two... Ask Wes what he was doing Saturday night to his car... And Goody you would have been proud of me on Sunday, all I did was glue some tires and made some minor spring adjustments...
This is just a vicious rumour spread by that Portland guy. What was his name again???
Old 03-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Hi everyone

Always go rear mount on dirt. 10.5 is perfect for 2wd and don't bother spending big buck on batteries if your racing 2wd outdoors. I've come to the conclusion that 30C is enough...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.