Search
Like Tree116Likes

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k goody
When is the next planed race meet as keen to come back for another bash by the sound hope I can be in first spot and get put in last pls.... First I must get to first it's the biggest target to aim at lol.. Have you given up on nitro casey or taking a brake. I'm sure the be a fair or unfair bit of rubbin next race can't wait to see.

Hey Goody,

We're racing every 2 weeks.

http://arcr.org.au/racemeetdates.html

Check out the calendar there. I'll be putting up signup form this week
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah not nice putting people out of a race. Need to treat people nice. I got told if you push some one over you spoze to stop and wait for them to go if it was your mistake that caused the crash. But some time you have to put your nose in to get a bit of racing room then you have crash. It's hard to b nice when sheep stations are up for grabs.. Keep it nice boys
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by The Magician
Mr Adelaidetoffee, how did the trip to Mildura go racing on the nationals track? Sorry I missed you as I had a horse house to make. Bruce.
It was very good mate the track was a little slippery with hole shots put suburbs on and was much better. Its a very good track fast and technical I hit lots of ag pipe flat out at the end of the straight but never broke anything. By the end of the day I had that double straight after the corner figured out very tricky, even the chicane with down pipe is very tricky flips you over if you get it wrong.
People where very friendly and helpful was good to finally race on dirt loved both my kyoshos but my zx5 was awesome on the dirt the rb5 needs a little more setup work. I will definitely go up again saw poor bens car get destroyed by a novice driver and didnt go off at the other driver.

Simon
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by window mark
Look my fellow rc drivers , accidents on the track will happpen all the time , now and forever , no one does it on purpose , not all of us state champions experience either, but you do know when your wrong too. Most of us say sorry on the rostrum , pull a vehicle up and wait , lets just have fun , we are not driving for pink slips....
Exactly, I was thinking after posting so tired n late last night that we aren't racing for sheep stations...

Originally Posted by KalEl63
You wanna see upset go to a state/national title
No one really at the club at this point is getting massively upset with driving issues as they have only been days for us to iron out things so we can get racing for points.
What has been said over the last two meetings has also been said when bash events were held at the track.

I also think the racing has been pretty clean overall.

With that being said we are a club and will get visitors who have a race craft and etiquette and if you want to see good racing it is clean and fast.
That is what is great to drive in and/or watch.
Those who think SCT is all about bumping and bashing it isn’t sorry.

Think about your move when over taking and if you are smart you would be looking for the persons weak spot where they may push wide and that is the time to take it.
As Disarm put it, it is very simple and will actually lead to a fun day.
When bashing comes to play that is when the day turns out to be a bad one

Remember everyone’s competitiveness is at different levels so if you can all be on the same page when it comes to driving then that factor is discounted.
the last two races meetings at the track have been some of the best days I have had racing
Nationals scared me back when, and still do.. I love to watch and I love to race but I just can never seem to get to that level..!!

Bring on more racing and fun..!

Last edited by hotshot boy; 05-22-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You wanna see upset go to a state/national title
I have to say I've seen more aggro at HH than any State or National Title I've raced at.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.-images.jpg

If we all drive like this / make sure our hair and make up are good/ there will be no problems......
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Attachment 1071012

If we all drive like this / make sure our hair and make up are good/ there will be no problems......
I see you been using my car again mark
Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bring on the wheelie race now that my high precision of racing machinery arrived today

Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bring on the wheelie race now that my high precision of racing machinery arrived today

I hope you're painting it box art!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Yeah keeps with the red and white theme with all my cars
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotshot boy

I know this is going to cause a stir... I do understand there needs to be some sportsmanship amongst racers, but if we start whinging about "the rules and regulations regarding racing" and "he did she did" already it will be more detrimantal to the club than the issues at hand.. Take for instance I've hardly driven a race car for 15 years and am still finding my wheels again etc.. But i've had 2 comments already about ACCIDENTS that I had no control over and that simply is uncalled for and unfair..!!! I have seen the BS this causes in the past and it has and does and IS ruining clubs quicker than cancer.. We created this club for FUN and FAMILY and for those who are just joining and getting onboard now that the racing is happening (and the hard work is done ) you need to be patient and understanding of those who are not as seasoned etc.. If it is something intentional and malicious, fair enough but if there is a pile up or something and ya get hit deal with it don't be a sook or a political stickler... So hopefully your idea is amatuer friendly and understanding of this...
Hey hotshot boy,

I have to disagree with a few points you have made. Firstly my understanding is this club was first discussed a few years ago with the intention of bringing competitive 1/10th club racing back to Adelaide (not bashing). In saying that fun and families is what will make clubs grow that is obvious (I have already had my kids out on the track ).

My post was a direct reference to an issue that was bought up on the forum and the subsequent following posts that I believe with simple club guidelines and etiquette education could have been avoided on the day and which would then have not been posted about on a public forum and the subsequent trash (basketball term) talk. Sct is a way for people to get started in rc because they are big, durable, forgiving etc etc but if thats where people start and they learn to drive that way because everyone else does etc how will that help them when they want to move on to another class where you can't drive like that because they are not big, durable, forgiving etc etc. If there are guidelines in place and no grey areas how can that possibly be detrimental to the club it can only help the club get to its goal of being a great club in Australia.

I don't know where you got that I was "whinging about "the rules and regulations regarding racing" and "he did she did" comment but I can assure you I was not sooking or being a political stickler merely offering a possible solution to help resolve the issue then and there. I don't believe anyone would intentionally or maliciously do anything wrong it is always unintentional, the issue is how to deal with it.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im pretty sure that the comments a few pages back were just stiring fun. everyone has blown this up pretty bad. everyone needs to chill out a bit. im sorry i bumped someone. i wont do it again.... ill just wrap my car in foam instead...

chill out people. lets race have a good time and if an accident happens then we will do the right thing (now that i know what to do)
Old 05-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Ok first of all I would like to say thank you to all members who have contacted me ( I have a few this week) or fellow committee members about any ideas to help grow
This club this type of communication is also key to helping the committee make decisions for the club.

We have a committee meeting on the 28th where lots of topics will be discussed this will include the current topic of drivers etiquette.

Now what I am about to say below is my own opinion and does not reflect that of the committee or my fellow committee members.

I personally believe we need some drivers guide lines (gentleman’s agreement) of what is expected once you place your car on the track. (I will stay clear of using the word “rule” because it seem to be a fun killer)
This I do believe will add to the fun and remember the atmosphere is also what makes the day fun so niggling agro because people are “bashing” will only detract from the day.
There isn’t a massive list, more just about a common sense approach and most have already been spoken about on here.
Yes maybe as race director on the day I should have stepped in but there was some grey area on the day.

On the flip side I have already seen some good driving and the recipient of a slower person giving way to me and allowing me to pass.
I thanked that person on the rostrum and also after the race.
I did also help him by saying a few corners before I caught up to him that I was catching him quickly

I also personally have no issues with people putting up their opinions on here and people discussing it as long as no nastiness is implied.
Remember opinions aren’t right or wrong.

Thank You
Dave

Last edited by KalEl63; 05-22-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Looks like a busy committee meeting bring your sleeping bags ...
Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Attachment 1071012

Hahaha isn't that one of the whacky racers car..?? New paint design maybe..??

Nice..!

Originally Posted by pugga
Hey hotshot boy,

I have to disagree with a few points you have made. Firstly my understanding is this club was first discussed a few years ago with the intention of bringing competitive 1/10th club racing back to Adelaide (not bashing). In saying that fun and families is what will make clubs grow that is obvious (I have already had my kids out on the track ).

My post was a direct reference to an issue that was bought up on the forum and the subsequent following posts that I believe with simple club guidelines and etiquette education could have been avoided on the day and which would then have not been posted about on a public forum and the subsequent trash (basketball term) talk. Sct is a way for people to get started in rc because they are big, durable, forgiving etc etc but if thats where people start and they learn to drive that way because everyone else does etc how will that help them when they want to move on to another class where you can't drive like that because they are not big, durable, forgiving etc etc. If there are guidelines in place and no grey areas how can that possibly be detrimental to the club it can only help the club get to its goal of being a great club in Australia.

I don't know where you got that I was "whinging about "the rules and regulations regarding racing" and "he did she did" comment but I can assure you I was not sooking or being a political stickler merely offering a possible solution to help resolve the issue then and there. I don't believe anyone would intentionally or maliciously do anything wrong it is always unintentional, the issue is how to deal with it.
Well your first point is actually wrong, we started off as the "mitchell pk bashers" with vintage cars, and SCT essentially, and it did develope from there.. But fully agree fun and families is what makes a club grow..! Don't get me wrong I like competitive racing but not with the BS that goes along with it, which unfortunately obviously seems unavoidable..

I apologise for making it seem like I was singling you out, that was not my intention.. I was actually reffering to the overall situation(s) and given your post was covering that issue (and the fact that only your post was quoted and not the trail as I would have liked/wanted) is why it may have appeared that way. I was just generalising..!

I think I may need to remove myself form this forum as it seems to cause way to much trouble for me and my supposed "veiw of or from the club", and misunderstandings of what I write.. My veiws are MY veiws only and not that of the club.. I am not the president so if it does not come OFFICIALLY from that person you need to take whatever is said/written with a pinch of salt...

SCT I agree, although tough and rough I believe can lead to bad "bashing" habits following on to other classes but once again just my opinion.. i think 2WD stock is the go but that doesn't look like it will happen in the near future anyway..

Ok first of all I would like to say thank you to all members who have contacted me ( I have a few this week) or fellow committee members about any ideas to help grow
This club this type of communication is also key to helping the committee make decisions for the club.

We have a committee meeting on the 28th where lots of topics will be discussed this will include the current topic of drivers etiquette.

Now what I am about to say below is my own opinion and does not reflect that of the committee or my fellow committee members.

I personally believe we need some drivers guide lines (gentleman’s agreement) of what is expected once you place your car on the track. (I will stay clear of using the word “rule” because it seem to be a fun killer)
This I do believe will add to the fun and remember the atmosphere is also what makes the day fun so niggling agro because people are “bashing” will only detract from the day.
There isn’t a massive list, more just about a common sense approach and most have already been spoken about on here.
Yes maybe as race director on the day I should have stepped in but there was some grey area on the day.

On the flip side I have already seen some good driving and the recipient of a slower person giving way to me and allowing me to pass.
I thanked that person on the rostrum and also after the race.
I did also help him by saying a few corners before I caught up to him that I was catching him quickly

I also personally have no issues with people putting up their opinions on here and people discussing it as long as no nastiness is implied.
Remember opinions aren’t right or wrong.

Thank You
Dave
Agreed...!

Track Maintenance is booked in for this sunday so if you are keen to come and swing a shovel etc, please come down..

Last edited by hotshot boy; 05-22-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.