Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Approved batteries

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sent an email to roarracing.com in regards to the Turnigy lipo batteriesbeing approved or not.
The following is the reply from the administrator at ROAR answering my question if the Turnigy lipo batteries are ROAR approved.

I understand these batteries were submitted but not yet approved because no part numbers were on the packs for positive identification.

All ROAR approved batteries are listed on our website www.roarracing.com, click on Approvals, then on approved lithium technology batteries.

Fred Hohwart
ROAR Administrator
[email protected]

So it does appear that Hobbyking are indeed using false advertising selling the batteries they claim to be ROAR approved when they are not.
A shame in a way as their pricing makes them a good entry level battery.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Sent an email to roarracing.com in regards to the Turnigy lipo batteriesbeing approved or not.
The following is the reply from the administrator at ROAR answering my question if the Turnigy lipo batteries are ROAR approved.

I understand these batteries were submitted but not yet approved because no part numbers were on the packs for positive identification.

All ROAR approved batteries are listed on our website www.roarracing.com, click on Approvals, then on approved lithium technology batteries.

Fred Hohwart
ROAR Administrator
[email protected]

So it does appear that Hobbyking are indeed using false advertising selling the batteries they claim to be ROAR approved when they are not.
A shame in a way as their pricing makes them a good entry level battery.

Cheers
Rob.
Looks like the Turnigy and Flightmax 30C batteries made it to the list now
Old 01-24-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
It wouldn't surprise me .... Hobbyking has been a pain to the industry for quite a while
why's that, it seems to me that the offer reasonable products at cheap prices,
Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtree
Looks like the Turnigy and Flightmax 30C batteries made it to the list now
Now here is where things could get a little sticky.
If you go to the Hobbyking website and look for the roar approved Turnigy 4000mAh 2S 30C hardcase pack, then look at the Turnigy 4000mAh 2S 30C hardcase pack at the AUS warehouse, the only thing different between the 2 is that one has a roar sticker and the other doesn't.
Both have the same ratings, the same dimensions, the same labeling the same cabling, so the point being would the one bought at the AUS warehouse instead of the HK? warehouse still qualify as being roar approved?

*edit* I think I may have answered my own question as both of them have the same part number "T4000.2S.30HC". So I would assume that they will quallify as being ROAR approved.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
why's that, it seems to me that the offer reasonable products at cheap prices,
Steve,

Lets see ... false advertising. They advertised that they were ROAR approved when they were not

The story also goes that they are being sued by a freighting company for a fire aboard one of their shipping planes .. read low quality

You pay for what you get .. they are low quality and low performance ...

Last edited by cannon; 01-25-2012 at 12:57 AM.