Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice work

mr white
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CraigM
Ben, you better tell them that google earth shows the old tiny crappy Whalan track
done. (i read your thread too)
cheers,
Toby
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default MMM

Originally Posted by waOscar
cheers,
Toby
Hey Toby,

Well done in Bunbury last weekend. I talked to Mark and he said he struggled through but as is always the way he got there by the last race.

Are you still coming over for Muchmore Masters in May (MMM in M )? It will be good to see you again, especially turning laps around our home track at SMA.

Ben
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waOscar
cheers,
Toby
I didn't want the pic of the old track putting people off. The new one is twice as big and a ripper of a layout!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by auzzy_mate
Hey Toby,

Well done in Bunbury last weekend. I talked to Mark and he said he struggled through but as is always the way he got there by the last race.

Are you still coming over for Muchmore Masters in May (MMM in M )? It will be good to see you again, especially turning laps around our home track at SMA.

Ben
Yes. Zacha and I are heading over on the Friday morning for the MMM, should be in Syd about 12, straight to track for a bit of practice.
Now that states is over we need to arrange car and accommodation for the three nights. Flying back monday morning.
See ya there.

Toby
Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is SMA open at all today for practice anyone?? is anyone heading down in the arvo?
Old 04-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rubedude
Is SMA open at all today for practice anyone?? is anyone heading down in the arvo?
I'm not sure if the club is open today. If it is, normal practice rules apply

Cam and I spent the morning cutting some laps with our 2wd buggies at Ryde offroad, what a hoot! By the after a couple packs we were getting around it pretty well too, cant wait to do a meet
Old 04-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Would like to announce the comeback of F1's to night racing.

We now have 5 confirmed F201's that are wanting to run a class on Tuesday nights.(F103's with open wheel bodies also welcome)
So far we have:
me, Cristian
Rubens + son
Christian
Denice
All please confirm your interest.
Ive spoken to a couple more than are keen to run this class also.

would be nice to have some more on the grid, but for now we have enough for our own class which will show a different side to RC.

-Grid positions would be on best lap time out of the 2 qualifiers, not the whole 5min run. (less carnage this way, cars better spread out and its more about getting better lap times like the real thing)

- Max Motor size to be 27T brushed or 17.5 brushless. stick pack or lipos.
Beginners or those new to this class may want to start with 540 motors and ease into stock motors.

-Final race, each driver is required to complete a drive through the pits at any time throughout the 5 min race, if not, disqualified. (to add a little strategy to the race)

-We could implement rolling starts, to prevent 1st lap carnage.

The above suggestions are just my ideas to make this class a little different than TC, making it interesting, fun, cheap and to prevent damaging out beloved F1's.

What are your thoughts on this guys, or any other suggestions you want to add.

ps.Rubens will be stocking a number of F201 parts in his shop, so we have easy access to parts upgrades etc..

Cristian.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigM
I'm not sure if the club is open today. If it is, normal practice rules apply

Cam and I spent the morning cutting some laps with our 2wd buggies at Ryde offroad, what a hoot! By the after a couple packs we were getting around it pretty well too, cant wait to do a meet

I have to start dabbling in EP Offroad, sounds good and no nitro issues
Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
Hey guys,

Would like to announce the comeback of F1's to night racing.

We now have 5 confirmed F201's that are wanting to run a class on Tuesday nights.(F103's with open wheel bodies also welcome)
So far we have:
me, Cristian
Rubens + son
Christian
Denice
All please confirm your interest.
Ive spoken to a couple more than are keen to run this class also.

would be nice to have some more on the grid, but for now we have enough for our own class which will show a different side to RC.

-Grid positions would be on best lap time out of the 2 qualifiers, not the whole 5min run. (less carnage this way, cars better spread out and its more about getting better lap times like the real thing)

- Max Motor size to be 27T brushed or 17.5 brushless. stick pack or lipos.
Beginners or those new to this class may want to start with 540 motors and ease into stock motors.

-Final race, each driver is required to complete a drive through the pits at any time throughout the 5 min race, if not, disqualified. (to add a little strategy to the race)

-We could implement rolling starts, to prevent 1st lap carnage.

The above suggestions are just my ideas to make this class a little different than TC, making it interesting, fun, cheap and to prevent damaging out beloved F1's.

What are your thoughts on this guys, or any other suggestions you want to add.

ps.Rubens will be stocking a number of F201 parts in his shop, so we have easy access to parts upgrades etc..

Cristian.
As you stated Christian Im in so is my son, Parts I'm sourcing at the moment for 3 racing and some Tamia originals, Tyres' I'm still working on and also need some pointers from the guys that know the 201's well on tyre type preferences etc...

We are ready at the drop of a hat!

bring on the 201's..

Last edited by Rubedude; 04-10-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Rub,
The Tamiya A's are great for night racing B's for Day or warmer temps, Ive tried the Shimuzu's soft and mediums and their great also, probably better grip but dont last as long as the TA's.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

Check out my new car shell for my 10th scale electric car. I will be racing this not this sunday but the next. Look forward to seeing you all there then.

Francis

Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Racing

Just a little note for you all for racing in the month of April.

This Sunday was a scheduled (2nd Sunday) race day, but due to it being Easter there will not be a points raceday.

Also the next scheduled Sunday (26th, 4th Sunday), is the same weekend as the 1/10 EP Onroad States, so there will not be any points racing that day either.

The next points days will be Tue 21st, then Tue 5th May, the Sun 12th May.

Ben

P.S. Craig, I dont get an invite to offroad racing at my home track where I live 5 minutes down the road?????
Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by auzzy_mate
Just a little note for you all for racing in the month of April.

This Sunday was a scheduled (2nd Sunday) race day, but due to it being Easter there will not be a points raceday.

Also the next scheduled Sunday (26th, 4th Sunday), is the same weekend as the 1/10 EP Onroad States, so there will not be any points racing that day either.

The next points days will be Tue 21st, then Tue 5th May, the Sun 12th May.

Ben

P.S. Craig, I dont get an invite to offroad racing at my home track where I live 5 minutes down the road?????
sorry Ben, next time! You'll probably beat our mods with your stock car though Cam and I are pretty keen to do a meet, the Ryde track is good fun, challenging without being too hard

As Ben also said, there's no racing tomorrow. The next meet will be Tuesday 21/04
Old 04-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ha guys was planning on going for a run with my new brushless stock motor and was what was a good roll out to start with.

Also would like to say that im very disappointed that there is no sunday racing till the 12 MAY.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.