West Coast Onroad WA

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
YAH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kulgs
Guys,

Have a chat to me when we are racing next..... Jot down what you guys want..... we all have a chat after the race meet and see what direction everyone wants to go, i'll then get a proposal together to forward to the whole onroad sub committee and go from there....

Sounds like a plan ?

Rob
Hi Rob,

We also have to trying fixing the Mini rules regarding body and tyres. I will definitely have a chat with you on next race day. In fact, I will probably write up a draft of the changes I am suggesting for the committee to consider.

Cheers

Alfred

And Merry Christmas to everyone. If you are on your own, trying connecting with someone, even if it is going to the communal Christmas lunch in the City.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YAH
Yes to most.

But chassis restriction by year is not really a good thing. It discriminates for no reason and that is not a good rule. If we want to do chassis restriction, it has to be something similar to Mini. But again, that will preclude for wider participation. It is supposed to be more encompassing than not.

For tyres, NOT any compound as the performance vintage tyres are far too superior to the ones now being used. Everyone will more to the performance tyres and therefore it makes no sense.
True but having tried the performance VTA tyres I can tell you that after 2 qualifiers they'll be bald, and after one race day they'll have foam sticking through on the inside edge. They also stick a little too well so you get some pretty serious understeer going on. They may fair a lot better on Carpet but at Bayswater, I think they'll be more a liability (financially at least)

As for the chassis, just seeing if you and your T3 will bite A good driver with a TT-01 will beat a new driver in the latest Serpent perfectly set up any day.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:26 AM
YAH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
True but having tried the performance VTA tyres I can tell you that after 2 qualifiers they'll be bald, and after one race day they'll have foam sticking through on the inside edge. They also stick a little too well so you get some pretty serious understeer going on. They may fair a lot better on Carpet but at Bayswater, I think they'll be more a liability (financially at least)

As for the chassis, just seeing if you and your T3 will bite A good driver with a TT-01 will beat a new driver in the latest Serpent perfectly set up any day.
Nah, it does't worry me. I can also buy an old Xray 2009 or TA05 V2 variant with carbon fibre chassis. They will all beat you
Old 12-24-2011, 01:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I've got an old JRX-S just to be extremely retro. Old school 3pk radio as well, I'm vintage through and through
Old 12-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with Alfred keep the VTA tyres and wheels as per the US VTA rules

HPI tire part #4793 "front" and #4797 "rear", using stock tire inserts provided with tire and any HPI Vintage wheels designed to fit these tires

this will keep the costs down for everyone
Old 12-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LordAnubis
Yeah 17.5 would be good... i'll try blinky mode next time im at the track... it will certainly make racing a lot smoother and closer... i think it will also make racing easier... its easy to get them to handle at slow speeds. It then all comes down to driver skills and errors.
blinky is great for F1 this is all i have run it with the 17.5
Old 12-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

good good, some healthy discussion... i like it..... like it alot.... keep up the good work guys..

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy new year.... IF you guys think of something what u want me to look at please feel free to email me [email protected]

Stay safe
Old 12-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

good good, some healthy discussion... i like it..... like it alot.... keep up the good work guys..

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy new year.... IF you guys think of something what u want me to look at please feel free to email me [email protected]

Stay safe
i want lots of things ! by the time you get up, i thikn i woul dhave filled the inbox. Merry Xmas to all !
Old 12-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
blinky is great for F1 this is all i have run it with the 17.5
there will be plenty of time to blink thats for sure.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

I knew it!!! Ur Santa Claus, it's the only good explanation of why you are still up at such an hr of the morning
Old 12-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

I knew it!!! Ur Santa Claus, it's the only good explanation of why you are still up at such an hr of the morning
Either that or, he sprung santa bringing him a new rc car... that he just had to build straight away. Just like a little kid...
Old 12-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Snow Rider
Either that or, he sprung santa bringing him a new rc car... that he just had to build straight away. Just like a little kid...
and i thuaght i sprung SANTA . shit, i cant hide a thing these days.

actually i opened a pressy up, and it happen to be the Senna bluRay, so at 11ish i watched the extended version of it, that took me to about 2:30 ish. with all the Xtras.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Wow this 1500gram min weight for VTA will be a challenge, I got the JRXS fitted with the biggest battery I can fit, 60A esc instead of the 35A as it's 5 grams heavier, Larger receiver, 75 grams of weights so far and I'm still sittin at 1445! Can't imagine how much you'd need to ballast these new flashy ultra lightweight T3's etc if I'm trying to fatten up a 6 yr old tank!

....might have to grab a scale interior thing, that should be worth a few grams
Old 12-26-2011, 02:43 PM
YAH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
Wow this 1500gram min weight for VTA will be a challenge, I got the JRXS fitted with the biggest battery I can fit, 60A esc instead of the 35A as it's 5 grams heavier, Larger receiver, 75 grams of weights so far and I'm still sittin at 1445! Can't imagine how much you'd need to ballast these new flashy ultra lightweight T3's etc if I'm trying to fatten up a 6 yr old tank!

....might have to grab a scale interior thing, that should be worth a few grams
Just put more paint and decals on your body. They weigh a tonne
Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 AM
YAH
Tech Master

Talking VTA

Well tyres have arrived. One body is ready. And I got it to 1500 gms okay without too much weight being added.

It is all in the black art of car preparation...

VTA, revised rules, bring it on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.