Originally Posted by ajj
Looks like in the long term future it'll be:
2WD Stock
4WD Mod
Truck Mod
2WD SCT 13.5
4WD SCT Mod
Junior
Ah right. How many trucks do you normally get, or could get if everyone turned up. I'm not completely sold on the kyosho at the moment. Thinking I'm just going to run mod truck instead.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_hodes77
Yeah Tasmania isn't real great when to comes to getting things at good price.

Well everyone is doing a good job to make me change my mind and buy electric!
Will have to start researching all over now to c what one I want!haha
My brother and I live at westerway on 15 acres we have plans to build a Nitro offorad track for us all to use I love NITRO :-) The noise and smell is what it is all about :-) Just gota pull my finger out
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

go back a couple pages, was a bit of a discussion on it.

there are a few floating about, i race my t4 every meet i can make (which is pretty much all of them), ash has a t4, richard a rustler, brendan a losi desert truck, Mick Winter has a T4 as well and Sam Wells will usually bring a T4.1 when he comes down from Launceston

and alex is getting a durango dest210
Old 04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yeah Tasmania isn't real great when to comes to getting things at good price.

Well everyone is doing a good job to make me change my mind and buy electric!
Will have to start researching all over now to c what one I want!haha
I feel the same way about the other hobby shop. McCann's Model World is the best hobby shop in Tasmania and treat their customers well. They'll be able to give you advice and help you out, plus I'd argue they have the largest range of anyone.

I'd again suggest starting with electric as they are much easier to deal with. It's not so much the maintenance but the nitro engine tuning that is the problem with choosing a nitro as your first RC vehicle. If you have no experience with nitro then it can be easy to get your motor out of tune to the point where the engine wont start, which frustrates people and they give up on RC all together. So electric is just easier and far cheaper over the long run.

Originally Posted by buggy_racer
Ah right. How many trucks do you normally get, or could get if everyone turned up. I'm not completely sold on the kyosho at the moment. Thinking I'm just going to run mod truck instead.
If everyone turned up, including you Sam, there'd be six. What's up with the Kyosho? You should stick a 17.5 in it for racing it down here and boost it at LRC. I was thinking about running mine in stock and mod at the LRC Cup doing what you did last year.

Originally Posted by kingy1
go back a couple pages, was a bit of a discussion on it.

there are a few floating about, i race my t4 every meet i can make (which is pretty much all of them), ash has a t4, richard a rustler, brendan a losi desert truck, Mick Winter has a T4 as well and Sam Wells will usually bring a T4.1 when he comes down from Launceston

and alex is getting a durango dest210
I ended up ordering a DESC210R instead... Gives me another class to race, whereas the buggies and stadium trucks are combined at both LRC and GOMCC at this point.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ajj
I ended up ordering a DESC210R instead... Gives me another class to race, whereas the buggies and stadium trucks are combined at both LRC and GOMCC at this point.
nice, I look forward to checking it out
Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bollard
My brother and I live at westerway on 15 acres we have plans to build a Nitro offorad track for us all to use I love NITRO :-) The noise and smell is what it is all about :-) Just gota pull my finger out
Yeah I do like the idea of having a proper engine that's for sure.
Will definitely make a bit of track at my place. Dont know if I will b able to have jumps tho. Will just mow the grass shorter where I want the track and go from there. My land is on a shared driveway so I can't really destroy it unfortunately. Would love some big jumps so if ur planning to have some I'm in!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Rookie

@ajj
Yep ok. Will pop in there over the weekend. Will c if they can persuade me to go electric! I do still like the idea of tunning the engine as well. Had a few two stroke bikes and four stroke. They still require tunning. Swapped cam shafts, exhausts etc and tuned accordingly. I do reckon I will end up with one of each. Electric buggy and nitro truggy!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:11 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

@ajj
Yep ok. Will pop in there over the weekend. Will c if they can persuade me to go electric! I do still like the idea of tunning the engine as well. Had a few two stroke bikes and four stroke. They still require tunning. Swapped cam shafts, exhausts etc and tuned accordingly. I do reckon I will end up with one of each. Electric buggy and nitro truggy!
No worries. Don't get me wrong, I love 8th scale nitro racing. I started racing nitro trucks first and went to the Truggy nationals last year and it was awesome! (Truggy chassis up for sale btw ) I have a nitro buggy too and race whenever I'm up latrobe way. Electric are just more beginner friendly.

Make sure you check in before you get an EP buggy to make sure you get the right gear if your going to race.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont know with the K car. It was fast, dont get me wrong, but it just seemed different. The rear was super planted. Which probably isnt a bad thing really, but it didnt inspire confidence when hard on the gas around a sweeper. You had to feather the throttle slightly. And you can't just throw it into the turn. Stock pfft haha to slow sorry.

I have some new in box T4 wheels and tires for sale if anybody is interestes. PM me for detail. There going cheap though!!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:04 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

I just found the attachment button. Oh look a picture of a DEST210R
Attached Thumbnails HOBART EP OFF ROAD RACING-fri-dest210-3.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Just a reminder that racing will start at 10am this Sunday
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Cool glad you reminded me I had forgot and will give those earley showers a chance to go away Top is only 15 though so rug up all
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

well I started designing the track for out here on the farm I have gone for a 2 in one deal :-) 1/8th and 1/10th
Attached Thumbnails HOBART EP OFF ROAD RACING-misc-042.jpg  
Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That looks like a pretty sweet layout there.

Racing still on for tomorrow?
Was just thinking the track might be well and truly soaked.

Most likely I wont be able to come along anyway
Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

I was at the track at 4pm today and it had the perfect amount of moisture for racing. Hopefully there aren't to many morning showers and the track should be great. Could still see the blue groove in it from last meet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.