R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Fraser Coast RC Car Club ( Hervey Bay) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/452807-fraser-coast-rc-car-club-hervey-bay.html)

Shev 04-09-2013 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chamelion (Post 12026815)
I checked out the track this afternoon. Still a couple of significant puddles on the track. Even if swept relatively dry I'm not sure I can handle having to clean my trucks from mud again.. That said, if it's a race night I'll suck it up.

Is it possible for you to confirm whether or not it's a race night? I'd rather know in advance, if possible, than having to get organised and rock up at the track just in case. :)

Cleaning your truck... Unfortunately that's offroad!:D get a gerni and clean your car that way.

... Or get an onroad car and only blow the dust off it.

I'll have to wait for someone else to confirm racing sorry. There has been no calendar made and the race days have changed. If we are racing every two weeks then it is pretty safe to say that racing will be on... If the track is driveable

Chamelion 04-09-2013 03:47 PM

Yeah, if you knew how much time I've spent cleaning my 3 trucks in the last month because I couldn't resist the urge to use them amongst the poor weather you'd be shocked. 3 trucks all getting muddy at once, when I take the kids, makes for a painful cleanup process. So this week and probably uniquely this week I won't be coming unless it's a race night.. If it is a race night, I don't give a hoot if the track still has the 3" puddles (figureatively speaking) I'll be there.. But bugger a lengthy cleanup if it's just a bash night. :P

heavy 04-09-2013 05:42 PM

Get a basher truck just for those nights and never clean it. HPI Blitz will go for about 5 years without a clean

Chamelion 04-09-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by heavy (Post 12028699)
Get a basher truck just for those nights and never clean it. HPI Blitz will go for about 5 years without a clean

Good point.. I do have a blitz rtr, incidentally. Has the stock waterproof servo, velineon esc and a hpi flux 9t in it... completely neglected to remember that it's entirely water resistant. :P

YOKOMOSHO 04-10-2013 06:50 AM

Your on road track is looking pretty good boys. Once the drivers stand goes up you might get some visitors from down this way, or maybe even earlier for that matter. I know I want to get up there for a run later in the year, and I reckon others will be keen too.

Keith M.

woozer71 04-10-2013 03:59 PM

Hi Keith,
Track is almost ready. A few things to do to finish it off and a drivers stand. Would be good to have you and the guys from down south come up to race. Hopefully we will be able to run an interclub and a FCRCCC title event in the near future.

ullmann 04-10-2013 11:29 PM

so im thinking about oing counter steer after trying cheyenes last night does anyone have any tips on what to do and what to look for

ullmann 04-11-2013 02:11 AM

hey shev i was just wondering are the diffs on the mi4 (the one you gave me) are they all still stock or are the differernt

Shev 04-11-2013 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by ullmann (Post 12033794)
hey shev i was just wondering are the diffs on the mi4 (the one you gave me) are they all still stock or are the differernt

They are all stock buddy.

Shev 04-11-2013 06:42 AM

For anyone interested...Leonard from Brissy has a few things that may be valuable to our newcomers.

My laps pure transponder $80

Nosram touch Charger. Near new with all leads. $140

Logan club has 4 pure transponders available for purchase. These transponders will only work with the RC4 software upgrade. Fraser Coasr RC has purchased the upgrade and will be changing over in the near future.

Logan has also purchased the RC4 upgrade, but they WILL NOT be changing over until after the inter club. This means that all transponders should still work at Logan, EXCEPT for the Mylaps Pure transponder during the inter club. After the inter club, only Mylaps transponders (amb, hybrids, pure) will work with the timing gear.

Please purchase transponders accordingly. I believe that Logan will have a few transponders that can be used during the weekend.

Chamelion 04-11-2013 07:36 AM

Hmmm, I'm tempted to get another transponder so my son has one.

Shev 04-11-2013 05:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNbgK...ature=youtu.be

Here's a quick vid on our track. It features a 17.5 Blinky and an F1 21.5.
I must apologise for the video quality - new software, new equipment, a computer crashing, and an extremely amateur editor!
It should give those outside of Hervey Bay an idea of what we have so far. Enjoy!

Shev 04-14-2013 05:57 AM

We have picked up the driver's stand and we are ready to race! Bring on the sunshine! The driver's stand doesn't meet regulation for really large events, but it will be fine for an inter Club at least.

Thank you to everyone who helped out in some way today. And thanks again to coral coast car Club.

woozer71 04-14-2013 06:11 PM

Has anyone got a spare front suspension arms for a f104? Have some coming but dont know if they will be here by the weeekend. Whats everyones plans for the weekend?

dazza_77 04-14-2013 08:10 PM

if u need one i can take it off my f104 4 u mate, just let me know