R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Fraser Coast RC Car Club ( Hervey Bay) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/452807-fraser-coast-rc-car-club-hervey-bay.html)

thachowman 11-15-2010 03:06 AM

Fraser Coast RC Car Club ( Hervey Bay)

Just letting everyone know of the Fraser Coasts only 1/10 EP On Road and Off road, RC Car club.

Situated in beautiful Hervey Bay, just 3 hours north of Brisbane, we have started a small but ever growing club for Rc car enthuasists, catering for as much as we possibly can. We have been operating Australias first indoor milti level indoor carpet drift track for the past 5 years and have now expanded out to On and Off Road Ep racing.

Classes we run are Wednesday nights 1/10 Ep Drifting ( comps once a month) and 1/10 Short Course trucks both 2wd and 4wd, and every other Sunday 1/10 Ep Tourers, Stock, Mod and novice.

We have just aquired an AMBRC digital decoder to cater for Personal transponders and we have a few "club" PT's for those without a personal transponder.

At the moment we are running on a temporary on road track and some basketball courts, as most on road clubs start out doing, but plans are afoot to secure a more permanent location, our off road track is located at "The Shed" as it has duely named, where we run every Wednesday night with racing to be carried out on the third Wednesday of each month.

We can be found on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...11642155565845 Or contact me on 0439 256 844 or [email protected]

Hope to see you trackside soon.

thachowman 11-15-2010 03:18 AM

Short Course racing this wednesday night, can everyone with personal transponders bring them even if you're not racing.

thachowman 11-16-2010 06:22 PM

Racing tonight, I will be at the track at around 4:30-5ish setting up the timing gear, it would be nice to have a few trucks there to test, and also to help out prepping the track..

thachowman 11-17-2010 06:33 PM

Thankfully the weather held out last night and we had a great nights racing, with Shevo taking the win with the HPI Blitz ESE and Don second with the FT SC10, and Andy Mason coming home in third with his HPI Blitz ESE.

The New Decoder worked a treat all night, and made life so much easier than having to count cars and press buttons:nod:..

There is Ep On Road this Sunday hopefully the weather stays fine for it as well..

See you all trackside....

Shev 11-20-2010 08:10 AM

Racing is obviously depending on the rain. There seems to be a bit falling around Hervey Bay, so we'll see how we go. The inside option is unavailable today. Hopefully see you all at the track,

Shev 11-20-2010 03:47 PM

Good call boys... it's raining here. It would have sucked to set it all up and then pack it all down again. We might check out the touch footy carpark next time, spend some time cleaning it up and see what it could potentially be like.

Shev 11-22-2010 02:43 AM

Shed night again this Wednesday. It's a good night to try all your gear. The drift track, offroad track and crawler track are all open to play with. There might even be enough RC18r's to have a little play with the timing gear! :nod: fingers crossed.

Newbies are always welcome - corner of Gilston and Doolong Roads from 6:30pm.

Shev 11-23-2010 10:42 PM

Shed night tonight... Come on down for some RC social time. It's a free night to test gear and run what you wish. Hopefully the offroad track isn't out of order... surely it will be close. My try and set the timing gear up somewhere tonight. See you all at the track.

leebrushless 11-24-2010 12:27 PM

Good to see the club on here, makes it easy to see what racing is happening. Leigh

Mr.T3 11-24-2010 09:14 PM

Great racing last night boy's with the rc18's to bad I broke my pan car before the final race but other wise it was a good night.:nod:

Fraser Coast RC Car Club/FCRCCC
Xray T3 2011... Xray X10 Link... Sc10 F/T... VE8.. 4PKS... LRP... Speedpassion... Tekin

thachowman 11-29-2010 02:49 AM

On Road racing this Sunday , the usual classes, Stock, Mod and beginner, also Short Course trucks and 2wd pan/F1 cars...

Oh and drift comp last round at the shed on Wednesday night

RAST 11-29-2010 03:37 AM

Post some Pictures boys.

Shev 11-29-2010 03:50 AM

Shall do Rast. We're trying to gain a more permanent place here and hopefully get you all up to Hervey Bay for a weekend. Where we are racing now unfortunately wont let us run a large meet due to insurance problems and power problems... bit of a shame.. but we're working on it! Hopefully we'll know an answer within the week... if not... definately by the end of year. Cheers bloke!

woozer71 11-29-2010 04:05 PM

Hopefully the rain stays away and I can get some cobwebs out of my cars. Also Chow I will bring some cash down for you.

thachowman 11-29-2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by woozer71 (Post 8274977)
Hopefully the rain stays away and I can get some cobwebs out of my cars. Also Chow I will bring some cash down for you.

Who are you ? lol Thought you'd dropped of the face of the earth dude, come down anyway, hopefully might have a spare 18r for you to run and bring your transponder..