Community
Wiki Posts
Search

**THE** pro4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

excellent!!
I am getting a second one this weekend to run in stock!
Old 12-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 414m2
Thats with 40rears both front and back. On your car at the front are they actually 37"rears" or 37"fronts"? If they are fronts then get rears and that will give more steering. If they are rears then play with something else.
Associated springs are similar to xray as in they go alot harder...since they are for nitro as well. Just find the equivalent spring to the hpi ones and use those.
What rear toe block are you running?
yeah they are 37 fronts. it is a 2.5 block. not sure i know that it is .5 up from standard.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
yeah they are 37 fronts. it is a 2.5 block. not sure i know that it is .5 up from standard.
yeah try "rears" on the front as well, you run mod don't you? Im pretty sure people use fronts in mod but if you are struggling that much for front grip then do what we do in stock and use rears on the front.
Reducing rear toe makes more steering overall but generally more on corner exit. So try 2 deg or even less. I used 1 degree once and that worked well...
Im sure you have plenty of things to try now, so try them and tell us how they go.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

i ran mugen purple rears with 50wt oil and associated red with 50 rear. 40 rears all round

it was fine but i couldn't complete one qualifier! my hacker speedy died, and a friends u force kept cogging and it thermaled also! all at the most innapropriate times!

the car felt very flowy with the 40 rears all round. it required smooth driving but if i didn't have 20 million issues it would of been quick!

is it possible for a hacker comp esc to die? i reved the motor as it was rolling back quite fast (but not extremely fast) this is when it died
Old 12-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Pro 4 @ Windsor

just tested Pro 4 @the indoor windsor track ...wot can i say the track is all that and fat. was running 0 toe front ,1 camber front , stock toe rear(i think 2 ) , and 2 rear camber ...reedy 7t lrp q2 sorex24allround and fantom batts. 48 pitch (dunno wot spur) and 17 pinion ... was damn hot motor caus i had lrp q2 settings on mega punch changed it to a less aggressive setting and it cooled quite a lot. when u look up web sites and it tells u to dial in 2 droop settings (diff left and right droop amounts) well u prolly wont notice too much diff ...they say it allows for torque steer cus of battery placement.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Pro 4 @ Windsor

Originally posted by Doctor Danger
just tested Pro 4 @the indoor windsor track ...wot can i say the track is all that and fat. was running 0 toe front ,1 camber front , stock toe rear(i think 2 ) , and 2 rear camber ...reedy 7t lrp q2 sorex24allround and fantom batts. 48 pitch (dunno wot spur) and 17 pinion ... was damn hot motor caus i had lrp q2 settings on mega punch changed it to a less aggressive setting and it cooled quite a lot. when u look up web sites and it tells u to dial in 2 droop settings (diff left and right droop amounts) well u prolly wont notice too much diff ...they say it allows for torque steer cus of battery placement.
Standard rear toe is 3 degrees.

Driven on the Windsor track with a monster in my Pro4 twice now and there are quite a few changes that must be done from kit settings to achieve a good setup.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

hey coxy, i'm contemplating on joining you too.....
Old 12-22-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Old 12-22-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by nam_tc3
hey coxy, i'm contemplating on joining you too.....
arrhhh !! he Returns to
the purple side ..........Pro4 !!

Old 12-23-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

anyone got a rollout figure for windsor indoor?

i'm dieing to try this track!

currently running a hacker 6 T with a u force 75 speedy
Old 12-23-2004, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

anyone got a rollout figure for windsor indoor?
i'm dieing to try this track!
currently running a hacker 6 T with a u force 75 speedy
let me know when your goign...

this i gotta see
Old 12-23-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Carbon_Fibre3
let me know when your goign...

this i gotta see
i'll probably go next monday. coxy has also run a 6t on the track i think. the track looks mad! the section after the infeild straight looks very tricky. they moved the dot in but it still looks like a tight technical part. the collection of corners after the s section after the straight looks like a fast twisty section that could be taken in a straight line.

(i am imagining the track in a anti clockwise direction. is this the direction it is run in?)
Old 12-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i'll probably go next monday. coxy has also run a 6t on the track i think. the track looks mad! the section after the infeild straight looks very tricky. they moved the dot in but it still looks like a tight technical part. the collection of corners after the s section after the straight looks like a fast twisty section that could be taken in a straight line.

(i am imagining the track in a anti clockwise direction. is this the direction it is run in?)
Way too much motor for the track, you'll put it into the upstairs hobby shop at turn 1.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

.... try a stock first
Old 12-24-2004, 03:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Stock setup?

Pro 4 ... I was just wondering wot setup changes u have made that are diff from stock
....i know that the gold springs are no good and have fairly firm springs on front but other than that basically stock . but as for the twisty sections off power cruising through those sections.Can u get the car set up for power on through the tight sections?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.