Wiki Posts
Search

2004 AARCMCC ACT Titles

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: What happen to the Plow4

Originally posted by black-knight

Mod was fun, not sure where i finished.?
Either does allycat.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Allycat says your last run just ended.
You did a 25 - 5.40879.05 run.......your last lap was slow, did you mong it?
Old 07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

BK are you sure you were at the same meeting i was at ?

When the race director tells you to go away on saturday when you are trying to point out a problem in the first 3 races of missing laps, short last lap, wrong lap times and cons. (fastest 540 10.1, 1/12th 11.9) and its not until after the end of 2nd round of qualifing that they decide to stop the meeting to decide what to do (Nothing was done to fix the problem).
Sunday was better but still had its fair share of problems, missed laps where still there but not as bad, incorrect lap times and cons. and still the odd short last lap was present.
Why clubs still use allycat i will never know when there are great programs free to download on the net that the americans use without a single problem.

As for the driving standard in mod A it was like watching a mod E final, cars taking out the leader after they had been lapped,stopping on the race line and not calling dead car then when hit blaming the other driver for the crash.

BTW: concourse was won by Snr. Zarb cause his soldering was better and tires didnt have any foam dust on them. Not upset still won but what do you expect when you do concourse after qualifing.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

To all at the ACT club.

Great event, great racing in F1 and great result by all. The top 3 guys just in a class of their own and raced well, so did everyone.

The allcat problem, well was a problem and you guys did the right decision to continue on with Saturdays racing. Added an extra round of quilifying so nobody was disadvantaged in anyway.

The only problem for F1 and it's not a major one but l would like to bring it up is the tyres! The F201 only comes with rubber not foam and as the ACT guys only use foam not rubber and the interstate guys only use rubber, l think we have a little problem?

With foam tyres they look a little silly, more like formula ford's than F1? Touring car tyres should only be for touring cars.

This is only my opinion and the ACT club have rules for this event and we all in F1 who raced, raced by these, so l raced by them.

l will return again next year and if foam & rubber are what you can use, well that's the rules.

Again, enjoyed my 3 days in the ACT, the heaters worked well, great event and venue.

Cheers Peter Sprenger
Old 07-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default F201 tyres

I don't see it being a problem. F1 winner was using rubber tyres so thats no advantage to us using foams. Racing was good and would expect next year that more cars will be competitive, not 2-3 cars.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for you support guys. I wasn't expecting to see any positive comments on here after the balls up on Saturday.

I would like to address and acknowledge a few things:
When the race director tells you to go away on saturday when you are trying to point out a problem in the first 3 races of missing laps, short last lap, wrong lap times and cons
Fair comment, I'm unsure which of the several people you are, but once the problem was pointed out we did'nt need to be told about it another 5 times. Once we were sure it was a genuine issue we started investigating what the cause may have been. We didn't think there would be much point in stopping the racing at that point as it seemed to be more of a missed lap problem then what acutally evenuated.

and its not until after the end of 2nd round of qualifing that they decide to stop the meeting to decide what to do (Nothing was done to fix the problem).
Are you sure you were at the same race meeting as the rest of us? We found the major cause of the problem during the 2nd round, allowed racing to continue and observied the results as the computer took them in, then during then during the third quater of the second round of qualifying we called a drivers meeting, explained that we had found the problem, took a vote on adding an extra round (subject to the fix continuing to work) and continued from there. Things were pretty much peachy for rounds 3 and 4 (hence we deleted 1 and 2) with the one exception, a 2nd bunch of lap time issues arrose during one of the 540 races while I was removing the results from the 1st and 2nd rounds so we had to re-run it, this was the 2nd problem we found (and a new one on me) that having another process in operation would cause problems with the computer.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by nerdling
Thanks for you support guys. I wasn't expecting to see any positive comments on here after the balls up on Saturday.

I would like to address and acknowledge a few things:

Fair comment, I'm unsure which of the several people you are, but once the problem was pointed out we did'nt need to be told about it another 5 times. Once we were sure it was a genuine issue we started investigating what the cause may have been. We didn't think there would be much point in stopping the racing at that point as it seemed to be more of a missed lap problem then what acutally evenuated.

Are you sure you were at the same race meeting as the rest of us? We found the major cause of the problem during the 2nd round, allowed racing to continue and observied the results as the computer took them in, then during then during the third quater of the second round of qualifying we called a drivers meeting, explained that we had found the problem, took a vote on adding an extra round (subject to the fix continuing to work) and continued from there. Things were pretty much peachy for rounds 3 and 4 (hence we deleted 1 and 2) with the one exception, a 2nd bunch of lap time issues arrose during one of the 540 races while I was removing the results from the 1st and 2nd rounds so we had to re-run it, this was the 2nd problem we found (and a new one on me) that having another process in operation would cause problems with the computer.
How about some results of the "A" finals? Some people might be interested in knowing how things finished up, as many left early.

Regards
Old 07-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

You should read this post after my preceeding post:
Why clubs still use allycat i will never know when there are great programs free to download on the net that the americans use without a single problem.
'Scuse us for supporting local product. If your talking about Slyfox, I understand it also had problems.

Remember, it's not just Alycat in play, you have an operating system from Microsoft, drivers (from various vendors), hardware that would have been manufactoured to the lowest dollar (ex-government PC) and a fairly old transponder loop.

As for the driving standard in mod A it was like watching a mod E final, cars taking out the leader after they had been lapped,stopping on the race line and not calling dead car then when hit blaming the other driver for the crash.
That would be a pretty fair call, there was a broad range of skill in the A finals of Mod, and I'm pretty sure most of us would be pretty stuffed by that point.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

The F201 only comes with rubber not foam and as the ACT guys only use foam not rubber and the interstate guys only use rubber, l think we have a little problem?
Hi Pete, the reason we allow the use of Foam Tyres is to encourage the class. Most of the guys who race F1 also have touring cars and for them, it is a lot cheaper to buy some foams then some more of the kit tyres.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default ACT Titles Results

Results will be posted on the club website tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Totally agree with you about getting more F1's racing not just there in the ACT but everywhere? The foam vs rubber tyres question was just that..a question and not critisism. The event was great and l really enjoyed the racing.

Everyone there who ran the event did a great job even with the little hick up.

Cheers Peter
Old 07-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Pete, I think I corrected the spelling of you name for the website. BTW, you can see the ACT titles Results from the website, go to www.actmcrc.org.au, click to enter, then go to the results section.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Default DVD

Anybody that is interested, I am compiling a DVD of the ACT state Tittles. The DVD is just raw race video with some extra things included. I could not get any Stock or Mod finals but I did get F1, Mini, 540 triple A finals and one 1/12 scale race, along with about 10 mins of Pit area footage and practice of many stock and Mod cars and others.

If your interested let me know, $15 just to cover my cost.

Coxy.