CDC V6.0 problem

Old 03-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default CDC V6.0 problem

Hey,

Sometimes when i charge a battery and then i come back, the screen has all these question marks on it and other weird symbols on it, and the charge has stopped. i turn the charger on and off and then it is back to normal.

This has happend twice on my cdc and twice on my borhters cdc charger and i was just woundering if it is a fault with the 2 chargers or if it has happens to other peoples aswell.

Thanks, Matt
Old 03-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

i have had my eagle cdc v6.0 charger for about 3 or 4 months now an i have never had a problem like that. all i can think of is to take it back to where you got it from.

how long have u had these chargers?
Old 03-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

ive had mine since october last year, and my brother has had his since december last year. we both got them from over sea's.

and also with the problem. it has only happend when im at home for now, but i thought that if it can happen at home it could happen at the track.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: CDC V6.0 problem

Originally posted by Matt04
Hey,

Sometimes when i charge a battery and then i come back, the screen has all these question marks on it and other weird symbols on it, and the charge has stopped. i turn the charger on and off and then it is back to normal.

This has happend twice on my cdc and twice on my borhters cdc charger and i was just woundering if it is a fault with the 2 chargers or if it has happens to other peoples aswell.

Thanks, Matt
The problem might not be the CDC Charger.

If it happened to Mark as well, you probably find that the power supply may be stuffing up. Get some one to check it next time ur at the Race Track.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

we are using different power supplys.

it must just be a fault with our 2 CDC's if no one else has had this problem.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

we are using different power supplys.

it must just be a fault with our 2 CDC's if no one else has had this problem.
Where u charging the same pack at the times when the errors occured, because it may be a battery pack with a stuffed cell that causes the problem not your chargers.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

no they were different packs.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

the only thing i think that you can do is emal the place where you got it from and see if they can do anything about your problem or you can just live with it and get on with your racing hoping it won't happen again.

i would suggest to write to the company and see what the can do. there might be a warranty on if not just ask around and see if anyone can fix it.

remember your worst case senaro is that you'll have to buy a new charger (yea that only $300 down the drain )

also i might be a promlem with your house electrical sockets. try next time you charge your batteries do it in another room on the opposite side of the house.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: CDC V6.0 problem

Hey,

Thanks, Matt
Matt
a few of us run CDC, chargers in our club about 8 or so , i run two on my power supply and along other guys i have not had / heard of the issue you are having the only issue that i know of is that some of the backlit lights blow ( you can get new ones for around US$30 mark )
have the chargers been droped / had hard hit or something
also if this is happening at home only so far try them at a friends house , your house may be getting power surges or something that is upsetting your power supply or
try emailing the supplier and see what their response is
my 2 cents worth
Warwick
Old 03-16-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: CDC V6.0 problem

Originally posted by war11x
Matt
a few of us run CDC, chargers in our club about 8 or so , i run two on my power supply and along other guys i have not had / heard of the issue you are having the only issue that i know of is that some of the backlit lights blow ( you can get new ones for around US$30 mark )
have the chargers been droped / had hard hit or something
also if this is happening at home only so far try them at a friends house , your house may be getting power surges or something that is upsetting your power supply or
try emailing the supplier and see what their response is
my 2 cents worth
Warwick
Do you have any link on were to get the backlit lights as mine blew up?
Old 03-17-2004, 12:22 AM
DP
Tech Apprentice

Matt ive had my cdc doing something like that it would say bat volt too high or error or something like that and it would beep at me but i think it was my packs maybe the voltage or something but i just normal peaked them and then they were fine
Old 03-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It is a common problem with the CDC. I heard it was caused by heat generated during discharge and that in fact, the problem is simply a solder joint to the screen connection.

Are you game to try to fix it?
Old 03-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: CDC V6.0 problem

Originally posted by danjoy25
Do you have any link on were to get the backlit lights as mine blew up?
Danjoy25
Intergy have them
try link

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...19104069681.4d

warwick