Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meca Challenge 2004

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Coxy
You stole my thunder BK LOL. And if a few weeks later it would of been 75% of the A's running B/L. Stock is much dearer to run these days than Mod LOL, unless you run on rubber.

Finals were pretty crap for me, I lost count how many times I got turned around, shame people don't address it on the track but just say sorry (not meaning it) as they fly off into the distance. Makes us look really Novice like.

Coxy.
It's like V8 Supercars... we have to do battle like Skaife and Ingall.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It has been anounced that round 2 of MECA will be cancelled due to a lack of venue. To all of the Race Directors out there, has Walter approached you? or have you approached walter? it seems ridiculous to cancel part of the series just because EC do not want to hold all three rounds.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

has Walter approached you? or have you approached walter?
Hi Brad,
at the start of 2003 I approached Walter to see if the ACTMCRC could host a round of MECA. I offered him the option of using one of the buildings at EPIC that was about the size of the hall we were racing in at AutoSalon. The surface is tarmac like Kambah or Eastern Creek, 240 power is available, we had transponders etc, etc, etc... He said he would get back to us.

I think it was the April '03 MECA race that was rained out, he had the opportunity to have a look at the venue then as Bob from Kambah asked us to run a meeting for the electic guys as we had quick access to Building M (on the carpet) he drove right on by not even stopping in to talk to us so I guess he was not intrested.

It was a bit dissapointing that this happend as he could have had an Gauranteed MECA round that would have been on regardless of weather and MECA might not be in the situation it's in now.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by nerdling
Hi Brad,
at the start of 2003 I approached Walter to see if the ACTMCRC could host a round of MECA. I offered him the option of using one of the buildings at EPIC that was about the size of the hall we were racing in at AutoSalon. The surface is tarmac like Kambah or Eastern Creek, 240 power is available, we had transponders etc, etc, etc... He said he would get back to us.

I think it was the April '03 MECA race that was rained out, he had the opportunity to have a look at the venue then as Bob from Kambah asked us to run a meeting for the electic guys as we had quick access to Building M (on the carpet) he drove right on by not even stopping in to talk to us so I guess he was not intrested.

It was a bit dissapointing that this happend as he could have had an Gauranteed MECA round that would have been on regardless of weather and MECA might not be in the situation it's in now.

Nerd

It is unfortunate to hear this sort of response. Maybe it is time for a Besercoe sponsored Mega challenge, every entrant to receive a voucher at a Besercoe approved fast food restraunt, you get frequent racer discounts, etc
Old 02-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

hee hee hee could be an option

So will the Kambah round on June 5/6 be round two? (are thoes the correct dates).
Old 02-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

There will be no Meca at Kambah this year as Walter said that there is not enough interest of people traveling down to Canberra and there is not enough Canberra guys racing to make it worth while

So Meca first round and second round at EC

I think we could still have one round of Meca in Canberra but due to not as many people just make it one day elec & gas combined as it use to be and then back to two seperate days for EC
Old 02-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

It's ok we will just start a new series called "MEGA"
Old 03-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone care if mecca lives on??

I would rather go to a few extra rounds of the club challenge series. 4 this year.. mayb 7-8 next year!!

And when will steve start up his "sydney cup" event (I think that was the name..)

All events supplied complete with RULES and SCRUTINEERING!
(steak knives extra)
Old 03-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

Results are up: www.racingfactory.org
Old 03-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

For those interested I ran a NOVAK brushless in stock class. I had it set on the stock profile which limits rpm and acceleration current. I also geared it to roughly match the 37mm everyone else seemed to have.
The motor seemed fast enough, but my skill was a bit lacking.
19 laps 15s all day in Mod & Stock???? Must be my maximum speed at present? Anyway I did enjoy the no maintenance and rubber tyres.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stuck
For those interested I ran a NOVAK brushless in stock class. I had it set on the stock profile which limits rpm and acceleration current. I also geared it to roughly match the 37mm everyone else seemed to have.
The motor seemed fast enough, but my skill was a bit lacking.
19 laps 15s all day in Mod & Stock???? Must be my maximum speed at present? Anyway I did enjoy the no maintenance and rubber tyres.
I think u hit the Matt Dall speed limiter...
Old 03-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Brushless in stock?!

stuck,

that is just too funny! I always suspected MECA had no rules... now I KNOW!

hahahahaha...

Scotty P
Old 03-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Disapointed

There will be no Meca at Kambah this year as Walter said that there is not enough interest of people traveling down to Canberra and there is not enough Canberra guys racing to make it worth while
That's very dissapointing
Old 03-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Brushless in stock?!

Originally posted by ScottyP
stuck,

that is just too funny! I always suspected MECA had no rules... now I KNOW!

hahahahaha...

Scotty P
if anyone had noticed he would have been banned lol only a few knew he was running BL (and those few did not care). It was a worthy test of the motor as a control class option.

MECA does have rules.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Brushless in stock?!

Originally posted by black-knight

MECA does have rules.
The only time when i have seen a car scrutineered at MECA was if a car was able to pass walter himself in a straight line, he jumped off the stand and demanded to have the car for scrutineering.

Last weekend i was aware of Stucks test, and on another occasion a seasoned racer was complaining about a certain drivers car pace, he asked me to scrutineer, i advised it is Walters meeting and he has the ability to scrutineer, but when i asked where walter was, i was told he had gone home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.