Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 SEQ Onroad Interclub

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Lars - Sparksy is talking about electric. We were only racing electric under ORRCA rules not gas.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I'm not questioning the rules as such, and it didn't affect me directly.

Just pointing out a flaw that should be addressed in the future. Either with knowledge of the rules for those doing the enforcement, or fixing the rule to be more specific.

There is a line in the interclub rules that says that scrutineering should stop BLATANT cheating, not hinder the fun of the event. In this case, imposing a rule that is in effect, not a rule at all, had the potential to hinder atmosphere of the interclub.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Lars - Sparksy is talking about electric. We were only racing electric under ORRCA rules not gas.
Thanks Heavy, I stand corrected, it should have been obvious to me. I sometimes worry if Alzheimer’s might be setting in. I'll have look at the EP Rules overnight, and bring it up at tomorrows committee meeting. I think that it needs to be addressed if Sparksy is right.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Love the new track at Bayside; and all those who I spoke to agreed to this. Can't wait to come back and race again. Trisha's cafe was great, My sincere thanks to the catering staff. And thanks to all that participated in the event.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Not Just the Weights?

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb
I beleive alot of the problems with weights on saturday were my fault. I have no excuses. I did the best I could with the knowledge and equipment that i had, and clearly that was not enough for the event.

If any of the drivers feel that they were hard done by feel free to contact me and i will provide you with a written apology.

Regards
Ashley
Ashley don't apologise about the weights as there were plenty of others, there without the ability to measure a legal 65ml windscreen opening and a illegal 90ml windscreen opening, they couldn't see the difference all day on numerous cars, so I guess being near the bay means they used the fishermans ruler.

Marshalling in the first 4 minutes Peters car sat on the grass for 2 and a half laps while the marshall was having a chat looking the other way. Shock horror you can cook a hot motor in that time.

But otherwise I had a really relaxed day and I now realise that I should expect these things and go with the flow as many others seems to do and get away with it.

Darryl
ps and it was Peters fault he was on the grass and he should have realised that he should marshall his own race if he going to put it on the grass.

Last edited by The_Keeper; 03-08-2009 at 04:22 AM. Reason: I was not trying to blame anyone but may have read like it.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Thanks Heavy, I stand corrected, it should have been obvious to me. I sometimes worry if Alzheimer’s might be setting in. I'll have look at the EP Rules overnight, and bring it up at tomorrows committee meeting. I think that it needs to be addressed if Sparksy is right.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lars

There is nothing new about the rule and it is fine the way it is - don't think most electric drivers would want it changed.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Lars

There is nothing new about the rule and it is fine the way it is - don't think most electric drivers would want it changed.
All right Heavy; I accept that. I'll just bring it up at the meeting, since there is a query. There are enough electric drivers on the committee to set me straight when I'm out of line, and they would probably know what the popular opinion is. We have a team that is rewriting all the ORRCA electric rules now, and I don't think that they are willing to change too much.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
All right Heavy; I accept that. I'll just bring it up at the meeting, since there is a query. There are enough electric drivers on the committee to set me straight when I'm out of line, and they would probably know what the popular opinion is. We have a team that is rewriting all the ORRCA electric rules now, and I don't think that they are willing to change too much.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

THERE IS NOT A QUERY WITH THE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just highlighting the fact that the scrutineers were not on top of the rules being used.

Nothing really needs to be done other than ensuring that those given the responsibility of enforcing the rules actually know the rules being used.

If I had wanted a rule to be officially changed, I would have submitted a proposal through my club for action. As far as my personal opinion, the rule set is fine the way it is.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Stock
Clinton, Keith, Toby

Mod
Tim, Corey, Martin

Pro
Jason, John T, Mick.

I might be wrong on Mod and Pro for 2nd and 3rd

Logan (125) won from Bayside (75) Sunny Coast (56 ?) Brendale (55 ?) Chargers (25 ?)
Nick Jameson came 3rd in pro tourer from brendale.

Good drive by him well done
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sparksy

I was just highlighting the fact that the scrutineers were not on top of the rules being used.

Nothing really needs to be done other than ensuring that those given the responsibility of enforcing the rules actually know the rules being used.

If I had wanted a rule to be officially changed, I would have submitted a proposal through my club for action. As far as my personal opinion, the rule set is fine the way it is.
All right I will not mention it in that case. It is sometimes good to bring things like that out in the public forum however; so everyone can have a say, and governing bodies like Interclub reps, ORRCA and AARCMCC can gauge the feelings about certain rules. I have made it my business to respond immediately to any discussion about ORRCA rules, so everyone can see that ORRCA wants the rules to be that best that is possible.

It is unfortunate that rules cannot be made to suit everybody's opinion. I am not a member of the Interclub reps, but I know how hard William works for this group, so I try to alert him if there is an issue with Interclub rules as well. The next Interclub is held at my club, and I am sure that there will be a lot of discussion before this will take place, and issue about scrutineers familiarity with rules will be addressed. I also believe that anyone that has something to say about what is right or wrong; should do it now right here on this forum to give the reps a chance to address anything that could be seen as a problem, just like you have here; Sparksy.

Good to see that you are not being too harsh about how the scrutineers did their job, I hope that everyone can see that they do it to their best ability, just like Ashley says. Their job puts them in the worst possible position to be criticised by anybody that gets pinged.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Last edited by Chickentrader; 03-08-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: addition
Old 03-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I fully agree with what you have said and I have already apologised for not being fully conversant with the rules.

Originally Posted by sparksy

Old 03-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Extract from Interclub Statement

· Scruitineering for each round to be performed by the host club in accordance with the Interclub rules.

· Enough scrutineering to ensure that cheating isn’t rife, but not heavy-handed or nit-picking to stifle enjoyment.
· If a car does not conform to the Interclub rules during the heats an instruction will be given for the driver to fix the problem before the next race.

· The tone of the event is serious racing in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere.

Maybe we should spent more time on the above items.

The Rat
Old 03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i knew that was written somewhere but unfortunately i was not able to quote it on the weekend.

Not that it would have made a difference but i did try
Originally Posted by Swamp Rat
Extract from Interclub Statement

· Scruitineering for each round to be performed by the host club in accordance with the Interclub rules.

· Enough scrutineering to ensure that cheating isnt rife, but not heavy-handed or nit-picking to stifle enjoyment.
· If a car does not conform to the Interclub rules during the heats an instruction will be given for the driver to fix the problem before the next race.

· The tone of the event is serious racing in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere.

Maybe we should spent more time on the above items.

The Rat
Old 03-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Maybe they need to re word the marshaling rule to no outside assistance.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its a tough one the marshalling rule cause ya wanna help ya fellow racers where ever possible but then rules are rules.
in electric its not worth fixing cars cause its so close and races are short u cant win back that time. where as gas finals it is long enough and there is enough variables for a come back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.