R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   2009 SEQ Onroad Interclub (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/261932-2009-seq-onroad-interclub.html)

LOSI123 12-22-2008 11:40 PM

2009 SEQ Onroad Interclub

1. should there be one?

2. Should mini's be included yet?

3. Should 10.5 sintered replace 19turn/13.5 yet?

4. What clubs should be included?

my opinion:

1. yes

2. No, not yet

3. Yes (not sure if its enough notice tho?)

4. Not sure

of course my opinions are biased on the minis as i dont have one, nor will i get one......lol

Ohh i almost forgot, Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

john h 12-23-2008 12:56 AM

1/ Yes
2/ No, not yet need more clubs running them, although 5th scale & mini would be good to watch.
3/ Yes, I see this as a growing class due to LiPo being allowed in Mod, 19turn and 13.5 included.
4/ Bayside, Sunshine, Logan & Brendale.

Would like to see the same format as last year, experiment with 1425G weight for Electric, Nitro is good maybe allow that other 1hp rear exhaust motor, can't remember the name of it.

My opinion only nothing to do with ORRCA.

aus jd 2703 12-23-2008 02:08 AM

1/5th lol u have a sense of humor.
clubs u have it bought right except brendale doesnt really have that many entries so maybe it should be the big three versus the rest :blush:
minis not yet, they are still only raced at 2 tracks mostly.
19t is a tad touchy from what ive heard but ive never ran it so dont mind

zacabrandy 12-23-2008 02:49 AM

1. Definitely
2. Not bothered, could be light entertainment:nod::lol:Just need to make sure it doesn't detract from the touring car classes.
3. 10.5 sintered would be much better than 19t/13.5. A little faster without the wear and tare, awsome.
4. Bayside, Sunshine, Logan & Brendale. Make a rule that you can only race for a club that is going to be holding an interclub meet.

Cheers
Aaron

Drewdc90 12-23-2008 04:30 AM

1. Yes
2. maybe as a demo until all clubs are involved
3. yes, 13.5 isn't a big enough stepping stone up to mod (imo even 10.5 isn't, a 8.5-6.5 turn class would be the best stepping stone up to mod).
4. probably same as this year (maybe replacing goldy with brendale until they get their act together if they do at all).

vazzo 12-23-2008 05:38 AM

1. Yes
2. No
3. 8.5's are very nice to drive and didnt create any major wear to the car. But either way 10.5 or faster should replace 19t brushed.
4. Brendale sounds good, awesome track; especially for GAS.

Sherif 12-23-2008 02:07 PM

1. yes

2. Does not worry me, Maybe they should have a mini series in with the interclub(for no interclub points) so that way the drivers race at different tracks for something different over the year to win a series.

3. I just started to like 19t but does not worry me anymore

4. I feel only the 3 clubs whom supported the interclub( Logan Sunshine Coast and Bayside) should get a round that way if another club wishes to run and make profit from the interclub get there members to the meets and show support, or only the top 3 finishing clubs get rounds that way the concept will be much stronger in the end by way of more racers more dollars.

I think the interclub is the best thing to happen to this sport in a long time and I will race an interclub round when ever i can,,, and feel the Qld title will soon be worth nothing and end up dead... So we need this series to keep going or we will end up with nothing.........

scott_g 12-23-2008 03:07 PM

Personally, I think it would be a mistake to discount smaller clubs from hosting a round of the interclub series - or to only allow the top 3 finishing clubs to host.

While the Gold Coast club have faced some challenges this year, ruling them out of hosting should the situation change there in the future would seem a little short-sighted. Even if only for the reason that they have easily the best track in south-east Qld (possibly Aus). Who wouldn't want to race there if the situation changed so that they could?

Similarly, imagine if the Toowoomba Chargers club reach a point where they would like to try hosting an event. What better way for the south-east Qld R/C community to support a fledgling club than with the prestige, challenge, and income produced by hosting an interclub event.

We should be hoping we get to a situation where there are 4 or 5 or 6 clubs wanting to host events, and sharing them on a roster basis year by year - not ruling out the smaller clubs that are trying to grow.

For the same reason it would be poor form to refuse entries from people not representing the "big 3" clubs. How does that encourage the growth of smaller clubs, and the sport in general? if Chargers, or Gold Coast, or Brendale only get a few entries, so be it. Encourage them, support them, welcome them.

And the Queensland Titles disappearing? I don't think so. It will remain the biggest and most prestigious race in Queensland. It means much more to win the Qld Champs (in competition terms) than the interclub. The interclub is a fantastic series, but its not the Qld Champs (for one thing it ignores 75% of the state).

Chickentrader 12-23-2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sherif (Post 5202411)
1. yes

2. Does not worry me, Maybe they should have a mini series in with the interclub(for no interclub points) so that way the drivers race at different tracks for something different over the year to win a series.

3. I just started to like 19t but does not worry me anymore

4. I feel only the 3 clubs whom supported the interclub( Logan Sunshine Coast and Bayside) should get a round that way if another club wishes to run and make profit from the interclub get there members to the meets and show support, or only the top 3 finishing clubs get rounds that way the concept will be much stronger in the end by way of more racers more dollars.

I think the interclub is the best thing to happen to this sport in a long time and I will race an interclub round when ever i can,,, and feel the Qld title will soon be worth nothing and end up dead... So we need this series to keep going or we will end up with nothing.........

There is room for four Interclub rounds and they should go to all different clubs. It should be rediuced to three if there if there are not four clubs that are interested or competent enough, until a fourth club can be found. Home club advantage would make big difference in this race format.

I am still hoping that Brendale will come back into the competition, and I think that there is a chance that they will; they have the capacity to do it and most people love racing there.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

finchy 12-23-2008 03:17 PM

was it not Brendale ( members of ) that instigated this whole interclub series. Saying that they don't deserve a round is totally stupid. I would rather race at a world class facility, than the other goats tracks around Brisbane. Then again nowhere else has the tracks to run 1/8th on road ( gold coast excluded). Some of you people out there are real keyboard hero's and one track wonders. Oh well more fool you.:flaming:

Ashley Cobb 12-23-2008 03:22 PM

Man I love racing at different tracks, it really builds up your skills, it's something that every driver should make an effort to do.

Yes I am a one track wonder, but I do race regularly at other tracks and it keeps me on my toes.

scott_g 12-23-2008 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by finchy (Post 5202630)
was it not Brendale ( members of ) that instigated this whole interclub series.

The first event was held at Brendale back in Nov 2004, but my rusty memory tells me that the plan was hatched collaboratively - not just a brendale initiative.

I would rather race at a world class facility, than the other goats tracks around Brisbane.

For some people (me included) Brendale isn't ideally suited for the EP classes. I find the track simply too big for my tastes. So while it is a world class track for 8th and 10th GP, the same might not be true for EP (though the facility itself remains world-class). I wouldn't say that Brendale isn't worthy of hosting a round, or that it can't provide good racing. Just that to say it is far and away the best SEQ track for all the classes in the interclub, is not necessarily correct. Personally I would far rather race EP at Sunshine Coast, Bayside or Gold Coast than Brendale. Any day.

I would have thought Sunshine Coast could host 8th scale as well?

Superkarter 12-23-2008 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sherif
I feel only the 3 clubs whom supported the interclub( Logan Sunshine Coast and Bayside)

If you have a look at the rounds from last year. Bayside only supported their home event. Their turn out at other events was very poor.

And Brendale even beat them for third overall for the year.

And i agree small clubs should be given the opportunity to participate in the series. They will then go back to their club saying what a great event it was and encourage more of their members to attend the next one.

aus jd 2703 12-23-2008 04:59 PM

was it not Brendale ( members of ) that instigated this whole interclub series. Saying that they don't deserve a round is totally stupid. I would rather race at a world class facility, than the other goats tracks around Brisbane. Then again nowhere else has the tracks to run 1/8th on road ( gold coast excluded). Some of you people out there are real keyboard hero's and one track wonders. Oh well more fool you.:flaming:

thats harsh calling other SEQ tracks goat tracks. sounds like a bitter 1/8th scale or 1/5th cause u guys only have 1 track currently.
and bumpy track are no worse then any other track. a good driver should be able to win or atleast do well on all tracks.
and the comments ive made bout brendale is cause they want a round, but then their members dont support the other 3 rounds. and thats bs.
to have a round of the interclub imo you should support all the rounds not just ur own.
cheers

e4rs 12-23-2008 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 (Post 5203031)
thats harsh calling other SEQ tracks goat tracks. sounds like a bitter 1/8th scale or 1/5th cause u guys only have 1 track currently.
and bumpy track are no worse then any other track. a good driver should be able to win or atleast do well on all tracks.
and the comments ive made bout brendale is cause they want a round, but then their members dont support the other 3 rounds. and thats bs.
to have a round of the interclub imo you should support all the rounds not just ur own.
cheers

Well done josh well said.:D