Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Ryper Raceway 2.4 Hour Enduro

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2007 Ryper Raceway 2.4 Hour Enduro

The teams are drawn as attached. If you can let me know your missing information ASAP please so that I can resolve any Frequency clashes and allocate the club transponders.

Looks like it's going to be another cracking race.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ryper Enduro 2007 Entries.pdf (19.0 KB, 216 views)
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kev, my transponder number is 3026163.

I see a couple of interesting names in the list there, a couple of big names making a comeback it seems.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

When's this on again?

May have to come and watch...
Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

man am i racing with dave like the hobbie shop dave

might have spectrum so no freq for me
Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Kev can I place bets on team 7 to win?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
When's this on again?

May have to come and watch...
15/07/07 13:00pm race starts, track opens when dave or I get there in the morning.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it'd be nice if there was a no motor limit..

*sigh* more cash for a brushed motor.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by James
it'd be nice if there was a no motor limit..

*sigh* more cash for a brushed motor.

I agree with the brushed motor only thing, Brushless motors are CLEARLY more efficient and use less power, leading to less battery drain and longer run times, an obvious advantage in an enduro, my understanding is that we want events like this to give new and experienced drivers an opportunity to race together.

Brushed motors keep it a level playing field, while still having some flexibility (if we wanted to get anal we could have control battery packs, no doubt your Brood matched cells will give you more run time than Johnny Novice and his Venom 3600's, so you already have an edge there!)

I don't think it's really fair of you to be bitching that you can't gain an advantage by running brushless in what is meant to be a fun event. (Is another trophy THAT important to you?)

Don't get me wrong, I was the first to run a stock brushless at Ryper, and am far from anti the brushless thing, and have every intention of going back to it one day, but even I can see in an enduro, it's a huge advantage, and a highly unfair one, at least until everyone out there is running one (or the vast majority).

If we allow brushless in an enduro at this point, whats next Lipo? Hell, you won't even need a battery change mate!

Last edited by nexxus; 07-05-2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Toning it down to keep people happy :)
Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I agree with the brushed motor only thing, Brushless motors are CLEARLY more efficient and use less power, leading to less battery drain and longer run times, an obvious advantage in an enduro, my understanding is that we want events like this to give new and experienced drivers an opportunity to race together.
Let me ask you this, answer honestly here

If i were to race and i askd if i could race with your team, would you let me? (since majority of you have seen me drive)??

My answer would prolly not, coz u wna win....not lose....thats why i didnt enter...coz i drive like a turd on wheels!!!

540 Classic.....26th Position (last) =ME!!!

i dont think i would be much of an advantage on the race track...av. lap time 20 secs i think it was......ur av. lap time....17 prolly

my point xactly

wog
Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by wog....supraman

If i were to race and i askd if i could race with your team, would you let me? (since majority of you have seen me drive)??

My answer would prolly not, coz u wna win....not lose....thats why i didnt enter...coz i drive like a turd on wheels!!!

i dont think i would be much of an advantage on the race track...av. lap time 20 secs i think it was......ur av. lap time....17 prolly

my point xactly

wog
I thought you came last because your car wasn't maintained and as such lost all drive due to faulty diffs?!?

Don't confuse poor maintenance with poor driving.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Kev can I place bets on team 7 to win?
I'd put my money on team 3
Old 07-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wog....supraman

my point xactly

wog
There is only one way to improve and that's spend as much time on the track as you can. And any 'event' you run in is worth at least a month of club racing. I don't know why, but racing in events accelerates the rate of progress when learning how to drive.

Besides for the Enduro, each driver is rated and then split into 3 groups depending on skill level. Teams were drawn at random from the 3 groups.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

i agree!

Brushed motors keep it a level playing field, while still having some flexibility (if we wanted to get anal we could have control battery packs, no doubt your Brood matched cells will give you more run time than Johnny Novice and his Venom 3600's, so you already have an edge there!)
I agree. Although I dont run br00d cells these days, that was last year...

I don't think it's really fair of you to be bitching that you can't gain an advantage by running brushless in what is meant to be a fun event. (Is another trophy THAT important to you?)
Firstly, I'm not bitching, secondly I dont care for any advantage or trickery, I just dont wanna shell out for more motors. Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote, carefully. I was talking about 'forking out more cash for a brushed motor". Do not jump to conclusions, you need to pour yourself a glass of calm the fck down...

If we held a BRUSHLESS ONLY race meet, would people whine that they had to fork out cash for a brushless setup? Yes. In reality, those people probably wouldn't race at all. This is an outrageous comment, but it's on topic with your response...

Don't get me wrong, I was the first to run a stock brushless at Ryper, and am far from anti the brushless thing, and have every intention of going back to it one day, but even I can see in an enduro, it's a huge advantage, and a highly unfair one, at least until everyone out there is running one (or the vast majority).
I somewhat agree with you, it's an advantage, possibly an unfair one until everyone runs brushless.

If we allow brushless in an enduro at this point, whats next Lipo? Hell, you won't even need a battery change mate!
Yes, next, is LiPo. love it or leave it, it's coming, fast, NiMh is on it's way out. Cells these days dont even last long. you can buy a bunch of new packs, use them two or three times and then the next time you go to use them, half the packs have dead cells in them, talk about unstable.

I will be investing in four or five lipo pack's this year for sure. I'll just list my grandmaa on ebay first. Should fetch enough beanage from her sale to buy me some lipo goodness

I think you need to revise my post, and take it in as more of a giggle than a serious comment. I dont decide the rules or events, I merely commented that I'm going to have to shell out for another motor that I will use once then throw away. A $15 event becomes $50, real fast, and thats if you only burn up one motor, and if you run a sport tuned.

I guess you just took my post too seriously... your good at waving your wand around, perhaps you should ask for moderator status
Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

I'll add one more thing in! hehehe... take this any way you want, but...

Brushless is BY FAR, WAY CHEAPER to race than 540 or stock.

My Brushless investment (yes, I'll even call it an investment) has seen through three touring cars, and several offroad cars, and is probably around 18 months old now (remember the system I bought off you Brad? still racing it!)

Zero maintenance of the system as yet. With the exception of buying a new cooling fan for the esc.

If I add up the cost of running 540, or stock, or both, it will double, tripple or even quadruple the cost of brushless in a years racing.

Remember 18 months ago a lot of mod guys were all "nah, brushless sucks, it will never replace brushed, rah rah rah"..... oh man.

I honestly believe that introducing brushless "stock" racing at club and state level will bring MORE racers to the class. While the initial spendage for a system might seem a little steep, like I said, it pays for itself in no time.

heck, perhaps at the next club meeting we can bring it up as a topic for conversation.

Did you know that a certain LiPo / Brushless racing class has been run under ROAR and if it goes well we know AARCMCC will adopt. (as AARCMCC generally walks in ROAR's steps)

really.... this is a discussion for another forum I'm just looking forward to the future of racing, so much happening, technology really is fast at the moment. Remember when you could count '540 size' brushless motor manufacturers on one hand?.... theres over 10 now! hehe
Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Gotta hand it to Nexus, he sure keeps these forums interesting

Also I vote the "team worth watching" at the enduro to be #4
(but maybe not for the on-track performance)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.