Wiki Posts
Search

VORTEC Nitro - your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default VORTEC Nitro - your thoughts?

Ok, time to vent your spleen, how can we make the state's championship and classes better??
Old 01-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

great idea, here is where all your questions can be answered by those making the decisions - the drivers.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Great Idea ..

The concept is way to much Fun and Great Racing
The Best thing we can do is make it better for us Racers ..

I will say Most of you Guys i have met through VORTEC Meetings Thats what our RC Community is all about ...
Havin some Fun with Mates ..
Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Ok, I'll go first!

Proposal for Vortec to change current "TEAM" competition format to an "Individual" format from season 2007 and beyond.

Reason for this change is due to the lack of numbers from majority of clubs to field a FULL team of drivers to be competitive in the points race of the competition.

The format should perhaps be changed to an individual format under the following guidelines:

1. All current rules and regulations relating to classes to be kept. - open to discussion..
2. Drivers will now compete as an individuals at VORTEC meetings.
3. The amount of VORTEC meetings to be returned to Four including state titles instead of 5 plus State titles
4. A driver in a class will receive points depending on his/her finishing position in the round. The points will be based on the amount of drivers in that class.
5. Starting position for next VORTEC round will depend on your amount of points you currently hold.
6. Round 4 will be double points round and will be a two day event.
7. Entry to Vortec challenge will be $10.00
8. An Additional $10.00 will be paid on your first event for that year. This money will go towards trophies and shield for end of year - open to discussion
9. Trophies will be awarded to the top ten placed competitors at the end of the year. The winner from each respective class will also have their name engraved on a perpetual Shield.
10. Individuals will be responsible for entry of themselves for each VORTEC event.
11. Entry can be done by clicking on Vortec entry link on SERCCC VORTEC page where we then work out heats based on current rankings Etc…
12. Payment on day will be acceptable.

Please feel free to add anything else.

Lue
Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A VORTEC thread? What a great idea

First things first - as a newbie to VORTEC - i love the idea of competing for my club - no matter where i finish. Last year it was a great way of getting out and about and seeing the other nitro tracks.

6 rounds this year and the first i find out about it is when its already announced and the calender published. That might mean that my club's committee member doesn't communicate very well - OR it might mean that the drivers need to be informed directly

6 rounds? I'll be lucky to attend anymore than 3
Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Ok Lue, I have a few ways. First i reckon we should make it an individual race..like the state titles. Second, we should award trophies to all A-main finishers, so people who didnt do well are rewarded for their effort and keep on coming back to try harder. There should be a championship points telly, so at the end of the year, whoever gets the most points in each class gets a trophy, as well as for second and third, this will encourage racers to come to as many VORTEC's as they can come to so they have a chance at the overall championship. I think that would help Vortec out, its in a bit of a mess at the moment but we'll sort it out. As for classes, i think it is pretty good at the moment. Thats only my 2 cents, what other great ideas can u brainy guys out there come up with??
Old 01-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

ok lue, that is a brilliant idea, jobs on
Old 01-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

Looks Great ...
Apart from #12 Maybe Payment could be made with Entry ?? Just to Prevent the Clubs from going to the Trouble of setting Computer up and Catering ( in major cases ) Only for Guys to wake up on the Sunday Morning Hungover , Not Interested , On the Nest ( Oh hang on thats acceptable ) or any other excuse to Not showing up ..
Old 01-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

I can convert current rankings to the new format to reflect this. I think this is much better as the "TEAM" concept of 12 drivers is really only supported by two clubs. It is the only team based event in Australia and i think competing as individuals will not effect the principle of VORTEC in any way.

I propose that the top three clubs of 2006 with entrants hold the three events for this year on the 5th Sundays allocated. They would be Mornington, SERCCC, Bendigo. Geelong still to hold the Fourth event in support of that club and their relocation to a new track.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the "plug" Lue.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

thanks to kaptn for the help in putting our thoughts into words!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

If someone enters then there is an expectation that they will turn up regardless. Unless with phone call at least 24 hours or email confirmation of non attendence, then that person should have to pay for entry regardless at the next VORTEC or they be not allowed to compete untill the debt has been paid. Seems fair enough to the host club for the trouble that they go to.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Tech Champion

All of our NITRO Drivers apart from 3 or 4 with-in the Club already so for us to get 12 -15 to be Competitive we would have 'poach' , So for us we will never ever win the Shield , But thats not why we Race VORTEC coz if it was we wouldn't be there We just enjoy the Comraderie and Racing you Guys Offer
Old 01-15-2007, 01:18 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Now we're getting somewhere!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kaptn
If someone enters then there is an expectation that they will turn up regardless. Unless with phone call at least 24 hours or email confirmation of non attendence, then that person should have to pay for entry regardless at the next VORTEC or they be not allowed to compete untill the debt has been paid. Seems fair enough to the host club for the trouble that they go to.
Yeh that would Work .... But you know how hard it is to get $10 outa some Guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.