Wiki Posts
Search

Challenge Cup - Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:45 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Default Challenge Cup - Off Road

I thought seeing that we are not far away from the beginning of the CC07 at Castle Hill I should start this thread to discuss off-road issues. Please have a look at what I have posted on the On-Road thread in regards to pointscore method for CLUBS which we are going to do for on-road and if off-road should do it as well.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ
I thought seeing that we are not far away from the beginning of the CC07 at Castle Hill I should start this thread to discuss off-road issues. Please have a look at what I have posted on the On-Road thread in regards to pointscore method for CLUBS which we are going to do for on-road and if off-road should do it as well.
Trev, have you decided on a race format yet?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:34 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Same as last year.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will have to pull my finger out and finish off the little Academy Fella to come have a play in the dirt

What are the classes being run in 4wd at the moment? is 19t available? not sure if i wanna disgrace myself straight away running mod
Old 12-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

TJ- where would i be able to get a list of the events??

besercoe-y dont you run the cold bodies car??
Old 12-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cantona
TJ- where would i be able to get a list of the events??

besercoe-y dont you run the cold bodies car??

Next years' race dates & host clubs are:

On-Road:
Round 1: Lithgow February 11
Round 2: SMA May 13
Round 3: Illawarra June 10
Round 4: Canberra August 18-19

Off-Road:
Round 1: Castle Hill March 25
Round 2: Maitland May 27
Round 3: Canberra July 29
Round 4: Illawarra September 2

Gruffy, i have not heard any release info about the HIP car, if i get the offroad bug again i will have to chase up Hobbies Australia. Does craig have one yet, or are they still only prototype stage for the factory boys?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:17 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

The classes next year will be: 2-4wd stock, 2-4wd Mod , Stock & Mod truck. There will be no 19t or seniors class next year.

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I will have to pull my finger out and finish off the little Academy Fella to come have a play in the dirt

What are the classes being run in 4wd at the moment? is 19t available? not sure if i wanna disgrace myself straight away running mod
Old 12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TJ
I like the idea of taking the 12 highest finishers rather than the pre nominated drivers in their prenominated classes. That would eliminate 'nominated driver broke his car and went home' problems, those running 2 classes wouldn't feel that one of the classes is more important than the other, and Team managers wouldn't be expected to be psychic
Just as a completely out there suggestion...: consider adjusting the number of 'highest finishers' for a club based on how far they had to travel. for eg Ryde would get 12 drivers x100% for CH, but only 8 drivers x150% for canberra etc... Dubbo could get 3 drivers x400% The problem would be Maitland however...
Old 12-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by semper
I like the idea of taking the 12 highest finishers rather than the pre nominated drivers in their prenominated classes. That would eliminate 'nominated driver broke his car and went home' problems, those running 2 classes wouldn't feel that one of the classes is more important than the other, and Team managers wouldn't be expected to be psychic
Just as a completely out there suggestion...: consider adjusting the number of 'highest finishers' for a club based on how far they had to travel. for eg Ryde would get 12 drivers x100% for CH, but only 8 drivers x150% for canberra etc... Dubbo could get 3 drivers x400% The problem would be Maitland however...
I hope someone understands that cause I certainly dont!

Trev so basically depending on how many entries and daylight we'll strive for 3 finals?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Molky
I hope someone understands that cause I certainly dont!

Trev so basically depending on how many entries and daylight we'll strive for 3 finals?
Thats correct
Old 12-29-2006, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

do i need to be a member of a club to race in the challange cup?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:36 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

In the case of off-road especial Yes. Off-Road has aways been that way even before we started the CC.
It been the hard working clubs that have supported this side of the sport even in the hard times. So I think its about time we support them.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Maitland

Bring on 2007 . Maitland will win the club challenge in off road again , three in a row
Old 12-31-2006, 04:05 PM

So TJ if not member of club no points for the cup
I'm in the illawarra i surported illawarra ep off road
last year but since then the club's gone all nitro.

Can drivers join other club's but not race there
for me its around 1:15 hours to one of Sydney
club's ?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

join maitland club...... its now very cheap to join and we are constantly looking for new members .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.