R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Challenge Cup - Off Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/142145-challenge-cup-off-road.html)

TJ 12-28-2006 05:45 PM

Challenge Cup - Off Road

I thought seeing that we are not far away from the beginning of the CC07 at Castle Hill I should start this thread to discuss off-road issues. Please have a look at what I have posted on the On-Road thread in regards to pointscore method for CLUBS which we are going to do for on-road and if off-road should do it as well.

Molky 12-28-2006 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by TJ
I thought seeing that we are not far away from the beginning of the CC07 at Castle Hill I should start this thread to discuss off-road issues. Please have a look at what I have posted on the On-Road thread in regards to pointscore method for CLUBS which we are going to do for on-road and if off-road should do it as well.

Trev, have you decided on a race format yet?

TJ 12-28-2006 06:34 PM

Same as last year.

Besercoe 12-28-2006 06:48 PM

I will have to pull my finger out and finish off the little Academy Fella to come have a play in the dirt :nod:

What are the classes being run in 4wd at the moment? is 19t available? not sure if i wanna disgrace myself straight away running mod :lol: :lol:

cantona 12-28-2006 06:57 PM

TJ- where would i be able to get a list of the events??

besercoe-y dont you run the cold bodies car??

Besercoe 12-28-2006 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by cantona
TJ- where would i be able to get a list of the events??

besercoe-y dont you run the cold bodies car??

Next years' race dates & host clubs are:

On-Road:
Round 1: Lithgow February 11
Round 2: SMA May 13
Round 3: Illawarra June 10
Round 4: Canberra August 18-19

Off-Road:
Round 1: Castle Hill March 25
Round 2: Maitland May 27
Round 3: Canberra July 29
Round 4: Illawarra September 2

Gruffy, i have not heard any release info about the HIP car, if i get the offroad bug again i will have to chase up Hobbies Australia. Does craig have one yet, or are they still only prototype stage for the factory boys?

TJ 12-28-2006 08:17 PM

The classes next year will be: 2-4wd stock, 2-4wd Mod , Stock & Mod truck. There will be no 19t or seniors class next year.

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I will have to pull my finger out and finish off the little Academy Fella to come have a play in the dirt :nod:

What are the classes being run in 4wd at the moment? is 19t available? not sure if i wanna disgrace myself straight away running mod :lol: :lol:

semper 12-28-2006 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by TJ

I like the idea of taking the 12 highest finishers rather than the pre nominated drivers in their prenominated classes. That would eliminate 'nominated driver broke his car and went home' problems, those running 2 classes wouldn't feel that one of the classes is more important than the other, and Team managers wouldn't be expected to be psychic:)
Just as a completely out there suggestion...: consider adjusting the number of 'highest finishers' for a club based on how far they had to travel. for eg Ryde would get 12 drivers x100% for CH, but only 8 drivers x150% for canberra etc... Dubbo could get 3 drivers x400%:) The problem would be Maitland however...:)

Molky 12-29-2006 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by semper
I like the idea of taking the 12 highest finishers rather than the pre nominated drivers in their prenominated classes. That would eliminate 'nominated driver broke his car and went home' problems, those running 2 classes wouldn't feel that one of the classes is more important than the other, and Team managers wouldn't be expected to be psychic:)
Just as a completely out there suggestion...: consider adjusting the number of 'highest finishers' for a club based on how far they had to travel. for eg Ryde would get 12 drivers x100% for CH, but only 8 drivers x150% for canberra etc... Dubbo could get 3 drivers x400%:) The problem would be Maitland however...:)

I hope someone understands that cause I certainly dont!

Trev so basically depending on how many entries and daylight we'll strive for 3 finals?

TJ 12-29-2006 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Molky
I hope someone understands that cause I certainly dont!

Trev so basically depending on how many entries and daylight we'll strive for 3 finals?

Thats correct

nitro dave 12-29-2006 05:22 AM

do i need to be a member of a club to race in the challange cup?

TJ 12-29-2006 11:36 AM

In the case of off-road especial Yes. Off-Road has aways been that way even before we started the CC.
It been the hard working clubs that have supported this side of the sport even in the hard times. So I think its about time we support them.

CHROME MAD 12-30-2006 07:36 PM

Maitland

Bring on 2007 . Maitland will win the club challenge in off road again , three in a row :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

jay9959 12-31-2006 04:05 PM

So TJ if not member of club no points for the cup
I'm in the illawarra i surported illawarra ep off road
last year but since then the club's gone all nitro.

Can drivers join other club's but not race there
for me its around 1:15 hours to one of Sydney
club's ?

mugengreg 12-31-2006 04:10 PM

join maitland club...... its now very cheap to join and we are constantly looking for new members . :)