Search

XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 PM
HRT
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Kiwidave
Heres a pic from sunday
Kiwidave, I can't say I really like the Mercedes, however the K-Mart car looks wild and the Honda looks rather good also.

Cheers HRT or Ross
Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uncle Charlie sent me some pics, so I'll post them for the old bugger as he can't yet.

Keith's ride

Keith's again

and again

Don't know who owns this looks very cool, but didn't see it at Morebank Sunday. Maybe Kiwidave can help out.

Don't know this car either. KiwiDave???

Kiwidave's car, where are you headed mate? lol
Old 11-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sweet hrt but when it only cost $25 im not complaining prob less than what you spent on paint for your 2 xrc honda bodies you painted . They still together . Neil the holden car is tony? races a harm and other car is new just using gary kelliots body and i dont know where i was going haha

Last edited by Kiwidave; 11-02-2007 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

Cheers mate,
Probably go'n for a Waikato. lol

Sweet hrt but when it only cost $25 im not complaining prob less than what you spent on paint for your 2 xrc honda bodies you painted . They still together . Neil the holden car is tony? races a harm and other car is new just using gary kelliots body and i dont know where i was going haha
Old 11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
HRT
Tech Rookie

Well for $25 I wouldn't be complaining either, and yes my 2 cars that I painted are still in tact as 1 of them is in the local hobby shop getting lights fitted to it.

That HRT car looks ace.

Thanks Kiwidave for posting up some good pics
Old 11-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

yeah must of been a waikato beer in the grass. The hrt body of tonys is a sweet looking body. Keith with the kmart car also has a supercheap body which is nice to. Chucky has a heap of pics he might post up when his comp is going and Deans dad has pics too. Are you going to race at 30th jubilee nova at end of the month?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Had a great day sunday hopefully chuckyone will post up some pics. Pity you had to go home nova was good racing an a great bbq but good to catch up with you again. O and thanks kiwixrc for the waikatos you bought over got them on sunday thank you
No worries Dave! just a pity we didnt get to meet up! Cheers another Waikato down the hatch!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

More pics from Uncle Charlie taken on the recent Fun/Trophy Day.

Kiwi Dave gets serious air (below). lol

Looks like a lot of fun guys.

Charlie I thought you guys didn't modify your cars?
Looks like a lot of work went into this one. lol

The Kiwi is looking guilty! Charlie give him the Waikatos after he races next time. lol

Don't look so sad Frank, jut get a big hammer! lol

This cheap 1:5 stuff is great fun as you can see above. You guys sitting on the side should seriously consider coming along to either Morebank or Newcastle and join in the laughs.

Last edited by Nova JP; 11-04-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Top stuff nova no didnt have any beers that day think charlie gave them to me after racing. Must say this class is growing in numbers always new guys turning up is a lot of fun. Young Dean is new an won a trophy 1st meeting hes raced which is great. Pity about what happened to his car after as the pic shows guess dad will learn to rebuild a xrc. Thanks for the pics nova and charlie.Roll on next meet bring your car down nova for a skid
Old 11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Hey guys,Guess what?Over a month later I finally get a car from the MSand9898 who scammed me on here.For those who don't know the story read the link.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184878

Anyway,just thought I'd show you guys what he sent me.Needless to say I am not surprised with what I received coming from a scammer.He complained in one of his posts about having to buy me another car which he never did,so he sends me the same car he was supposed to send me in the first place.Keep in mind this is coming from the guy that said he sent this same car to me and never did.So if he claimed time and time again that he actually sent this car to me how could he have sent it a second time?This is the same exact car he had listed in his ad (that he deleted suspiciously)but this time in bad shape.Lets review......

This is the only thing he said was wrong with the car in his ad

This car was supposed to be ready to run,yeah right.Oddly it's missing both servos and hardware

Intake box attached,or so it seems.......nope!!It's broken

Where the heck are these supposed to go?Throttle and steering rods I assume?

Basically I got a pile of junk just like I thought I would.I'm pretty sure he broke these things/plundered out of spite for filing complaints on him.I have to commend the detective for getting in his ass and making him send me something but I am still not even close to being happy with the situation.I have sent all these photos and then some to the detective to get his opinion on what I should do next.He still is required to show proof of sending a car and a purchase reciept ,but how can he do that if he never bought me another car?I mean,I know the car is fixable but thats besides the point I got the car and still got screwed AGAIN!!What do you guys think I should do?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Sorry to hear what happened speedemall,

However i strongly discourage any further comments on your situation. We can help you on your way to fixing your car though

1/ It probably works in your favour that you would have had to replace the servo's with better quality ones. The removal process has been done for you

2/ It is highly recommended that a pod filter be fitted, Your decision has been made for you.

3/ You are correct the rods are for the throttle and brake.

4/ The springs don't look like factory ones it is probably good idea to upgrade them.

Hope to see the car finished soon.

Cheers David
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brewer
Sorry to hear what happened speedemall,

However i strongly discourage any further comments on your situation. We can help you on your way to fixing your car though

1/ It probably works in your favour that you would have had to replace the servo's with better quality ones. The removal process has been done for you

2/ It is highly recommended that a pod filter be fitted, Your decision has been made for you.

3/ You are correct the rods are for the throttle and brake.

4/ The springs don't look like factory ones it is probably good idea to upgrade them.

Hope to see the car finished soon.

Cheers David
Yer I want to bitch about the bastard that sold me my car.

Brewer you prick you've given me fast efficient service on parts at a reasonable price, but I had to dissemble my own car and smash it up myself you lazy lazy little South Australian Wanker! lol lol lol lol

And while I'm at it you bastards from Morebank stop being so friendly and welcoming, had too much fun the other day, cut that shit out or I'll come back!

Here's another photo that Uncle Carlie sent me taken late at night after their BBQ day.

From left to right Charlie (TSR), Kiwi Dave (team Waikato), Frank (TVR) Nice for you boys who haven't met them to put a face to the names. lol

Let's keep the mood light hearted here!

Last edited by Nova JP; 11-06-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

You're one to talk, mate, always going out of your way to make people feel welcome and sharing your mod tips. I could do without the photo of the Newy Knights reunion though Looks like they've been hanging out with the South Sydney boys and their new owner a little too much

Speedemall, we've got some good suppliers of those things you'll be needing. DDM has the filter you'll need and they have some servos. Lot's of good stuff there (and they send you a free mint and sticker with every purchase). I can point you to some good US large scale suppliers if you need them. But Dave's right, you would have had to chuck the servos and filter box anyway because they really aren't good enough.

Have fun with your new car!!!

Originally Posted by Nova JP
Yer I want to bitch about the bastard that sold me my car.

Brewer you prick you've given me fast efficient service on parts at a reasonable price, but I had to dissemble my own car and smash it up myself you lazy lazy little South Australian Wanker! lol lol lol lol

And while I'm at it you bastards from Morebank stop being so friendly and welcoming, had too much fun the other day, cut that shit out or I'll come back!

Here's another photo that Uncle Carlie sent me taken late at night after their BBQ day.

From left to right Charlie (TSR), Kiwi Dave (team Waikato), Frank (TVR) Nice for you boys who haven't met them to put a face to the names. lol

Let's keep the mood light hearted here!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Thanks allot special ED!!! Any help you or anyone else can give me would be greatly appreciated.I have been afraid to try and fire the thing up just to see if the motor works.I need more pictures of someone elses chassis up close to find out what goes where.I really wish XRC had an instruction manual.I'd take a manual over a parts list any day.How does the DDM filter bolt on to the throttle body?Is there an adapter?As far as servos go I am going to purchase hitec servos.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Always glad to help another XRC mate, mate. The DDM bolts on the same way the stock box does. I found that the screws they sent me were a little long so I even used the stock screws to hold down the DDM. When you get the DDM filter you will also need to get a velocity stack otherwise the filter will have nothing to hold on to. They sell both together. Here's the one I bought -> DDM 1.5" filter. The v-stack I got is the WT v-stack. The other guys here may use a different one (anyone anyone?). Before I get to the pics I want to add that at a minumum you should get a pre-filter for your air filter. It will help keep a goodly amount of dust out (you can see what it traps in my pics below). I also have a poullstart pre-filter to keep the dust out of my pullstart. Both are on -> this page here (they are part # eg17x and eg18x (choose the color you like best). While on the pullstart subject I'll add that putting a Zenoah pullstart on is a good idea. Both mine and my buddy's pullstart went tits up really quickly and I haven't had a problem since getting the new one (it's part # eg302 on the same page as the pre-filters...it says for the Zenoah G230RC/G260RC).

Okay...here are some pics to help you visualize:

This is the photo showing the new filter with the pre-filter on

This shows how the filter attaches to the v-stack

This shows the v-stack (it's self-explanatory when you take it apart how it goes together (make sure to use the thicker gasket that comes stock on the XRC)

And the final image is looking from the top down

Good luck. Have fun. These big cars are a blast to work on and even more fun to drive.

Cheers!
Johnno

Originally Posted by speedemall
Thanks allot special ED!!! Any help you or anyone else can give me would be greatly appreciated.I have been afraid to try and fire the thing up just to see if the motor works.I need more pictures of someone elses chassis up close to find out what goes where.I really wish XRC had an instruction manual.I'd take a manual over a parts list any day.How does the DDM filter bolt on to the throttle body?Is there an adapter?As far as servos go I am going to purchase hitec servos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.