Search
Like Tree30Likes

St Ives RC Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn
is it just me or is the track a little loose atm?
I went to the track today for the first time, in prep for the JConcepts clash... and boy... it was drift city... even at very low speeds..

What tyres are you guys running ???
The track will have a working bee on it prior to the JC Concepts clash. If you are running on the track without it being swept the only tyres that are going to work are probably bigshots.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey anyone know if Tom Matley gets on the forums at all? sorry if ur on here and i havnt seen u or figured out who u are mate, if ur on here, plz say hi or pm me, thanks

Mikey
Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey mikey

Whats up?

Tom
Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Online entry is open for this sunday!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://stivesrc.org.au/online-entry/
Old 11-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Default JC Bash

On-Line entries open for JC Bash at

http://www.stivesrc.org.au/bash/

New classes available tonight.

Mav
Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Track

What's the schedule for Track work before the Bash?

Mav
Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maverick CR
What's the schedule for Track work before the Bash?

Mav
Just realised it is a 5 Sunday month!

We will be doing general maintanence on the Saturday or Sunday the weekend before the Clash. Refixing piping, and surface prep and herbs/spices treatment.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Cheers!

Big thanks to the St Ives for putting on another great club race day yesterday. I had a blast. The pace setters BP and MH unfortunately were not in attendance of 4WD mod to make us all feel slow. The racing was very challenging and rewarding none the less.

Also big thanks to St ives club for running the 2wd mod in it's own class even though there were only the 2 of us.

Boom, for real... St Ives
Old 11-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Originally Posted by 1
Big thanks to the St Ives for putting on another great club race day yesterday. I had a blast. The pace setters BP and MH unfortunately were not in attendance of 4WD mod to make us all feel slow. The racing was very challenging and rewarding none the less.

Also big thanks to St ives club for running the 2wd mod in it's own class even though there were only the 2 of us.

Boom, for real... St Ives
A big THANKS to yourself and Steve for letting a potential junior member have a run with you. Alex was stoked.
Great club spirit.

Cheers,
Marg.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miowname
A big THANKS to yourself and Steve for letting a potential junior member have a run with you. Alex was stoked.
Great club spirit.

Cheers,
Marg.
Easy peasy. He was a nice guy hey. I regret that I had to marshal and race following that, otherwise I would have had a chat with him after, give him any tips or encouragement. Hope he comes back to the Ives, the best 1/10 off road club in Australia.

The track is really loose at the moment, but luckily Ron pointed out it's the same for everyone, so it's all good. Then I got into it and had a ball, big time. That last 4wd race I hammered so hard every millisecond I could, felt good with a bit of drifting. The best thing was virtually zero tire wear... amazing and stoked.

Hey Tom, is there going to be a Special Christmas race or is that the Bash?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Yea how good was the hairpin after the 1st double, all 4 wheels spinning around the corner and all the way to the tabletop, and then out of the last corner and wheelspinning halfway down the straight, or all the way down the straight if you happen to have a fwd durango
Old 11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1
Easy peasy. He was a nice guy hey. I regret that I had to marshal and race following that, otherwise I would have had a chat with him after, give him any tips or encouragement. Hope he comes back to the Ives, the best 1/10 off road club in Australia.

The track is really loose at the moment, but luckily Ron pointed out it's the same for everyone, so it's all good. Then I got into it and had a ball, big time. That last 4wd race I hammered so hard every millisecond I could, felt good with a bit of drifting. The best thing was virtually zero tire wear... amazing and stoked.

Hey Tom, is there going to be a Special Christmas race or is that the Bash?
Special Christmas race?? What are you thinking there Unit??

Usually we have a mini enduro for the last meet, really good fun, teams of 3 or 4 mixed classes per team, depending on numbers. Probably not a "Durango" thing due to heating up....
Old 11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Quick Thankyou

To all club members,

Thankyou for all efforts made through this year which has lead to an excellent track and a Club Series win!

There has been an air of real enthusiasm within the club this year which hopefully stays for years to come.

Thankyou to all committee members and club members for making things happen, very much appreciated by all.

Regards
Tom.

PS now we need to DOMINATE the JC Bash!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by X5 Addict
Special Christmas race?? What are you thinking there Unit??

Usually we have a mini enduro for the last meet, really good fun, teams of 3 or 4 mixed classes per team, depending on numbers. Probably not a "Durango" thing due to heating up....
Enduro, sounds fully sick. Would love to see a mod versus stock in there, people always hang crap on mod drivers... Bring it!

My Taranga tanga runs ok temp wise, maybe I should gear it up. More speed.

How about in the enduro, your team must run 4 & 2 & Truck in sequence. Motor open.

-------------------------------

Ha ha, used my phone to post and didn't realise it was still logged in using the old geerno name.

Last edited by geerno; 11-17-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.