Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

St Ives RC Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

There have been a few people asking about AMB Personal transponders for sale, check this out:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ders-sale.html
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

For those that are interested following some discussion last meeting.....

With the introduction of Lipos, drivers should check the weight of their cars.

Minimum Weights.

2WD Buggy - 1500g
4WD Buggy - 1600g
Truck - 1725g

These are for competition racing.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Would it be right to say that if you don't make those weights you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dogs&*$ out of Hong Kong Mav?

Thanks for those weights mate, for some reason I had 1650 as minimum weight for 4WD in the memory banks!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by X5 Addict
Thanks for those weights mate, for some reason I had 1650 as minimum weight for 4WD in the memory banks!
So did I. Caused a bit of confusion last weekend.
Trust our Mr Setchatary to be on the ball.
At least I don't have to find 60 grams of weight to add.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gotta get a lipo for the truck, it weighs 2kg now
Old 10-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just drill a few more holes in the chassis. Structual integrity is really over-rated these days.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

I think it's structurally comprimised as it is!

Scrawl, that is an LSR "Swiss Cheese" chassis you're poking fun at there! Even some of the pins are hollow!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hi guys, ive got a xxxt- mf2 and a xxx4-g+, ive just moved to oz from NZ and just wondering what classes you guys run and when you run.

Ive got a 12x2 in the truck and a 9x1 or a 12x2 in the buggy. dont mind getting my butt kicked, just looking to get into a bit of offroad racing here and having a bit of fun.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hey muzz, welcome to oz, st ives is a great place to race, we generally get a mod truck class and i think usually a good 4wd mod class too, our stock classes are solid also, we run every 1st and 3rd sunday, registration around 9am, hope to see u there, i have the same car combo as u, xxx4 and mf2
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default New Off Road Mong....

Hey Guys,

Going to have a mong around in off road for a change. In 4wd mod do you guys use the TC spec speedy with a fan??? i.e LRP Sphere and what wind brushless is the go.

Whats the crack with tyres, is there an all round tyre to use to kick off with?

Sorry for the newbie questions, the only thing i Know about off road is its on the dirt!!

Regards

Kyle
Old 10-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hey NOFX, cheers, I'm staying up in Narara and dont have a vehicle to get around so will try and make it down. What motor/gearing are you running for the track and tyre combo. It looks pretty fast.
NZ hasn't really gripped the whole brushless and lipo thing yet so would be keen to know what people are using as finding good brushed mods seems to be getting difficult without ordering thru the US all the time.

Hope this weather clears too, I'm not impressed thought it was supposed to be warmer here
Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NOFX
hey muzz, welcome to oz, st ives is a great place to race, we generally get a mod truck class and i think usually a good 4wd mod class too, our stock classes are solid also, we run every 1st and 3rd sunday, registration around 9am, hope to see u there, i have the same car combo as u, xxx4 and mf2
Will be a problem getting the Losi tattoo removed from your butt cheeks when you go Associated Mikey! lol!

Originally Posted by muzza_t
Hey NOFX, cheers, I'm staying up in Narara and dont have a vehicle to get around so will try and make it down. What motor/gearing are you running for the track and tyre combo. It looks pretty fast.
NZ hasn't really gripped the whole brushless and lipo thing yet so would be keen to know what people are using as finding good brushed mods seems to be getting difficult without ordering thru the US all the time.

Hope this weather clears too, I'm not impressed thought it was supposed to be warmer here
Hey Muzza welcome! pop down when you can. We also run novice if you want to start there, but it sounds like you've been racing a while?

You gotta go brushless at least, and with lipo it makes the whole day so easy! The pitt table is less than half cluttered as to what it used to be!

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
Hey Guys,

Going to have a mong around in off road for a change. In 4wd mod do you guys use the TC spec speedy with a fan??? i.e LRP Sphere and what wind brushless is the go.

Whats the crack with tyres, is there an all round tyre to use to kick off with?

Sorry for the newbie questions, the only thing i Know about off road is its on the dirt!!

Regards

Kyle
Hey Kyle

We use all types of brushless / brushed setups. TC is a good solid performer.

Tyres are a harder one, depends on track condition. Bigshots on the rear always work but can wear quickly when the track is in good knick. Holeshots are good on the good days also on the front in 4WD.

Come over when you have a chance, you'll enjoy!

Cheers
Tom.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by X5 Addict
Hey Muzza welcome! pop down when you can. We also run novice if you want to start there, but it sounds like you've been racing a while?

You gotta go brushless at least, and with lipo it makes the whole day so easy! The pitt table is less than half cluttered as to what it used to be!

Cheers
Tom.
Hi Tom, thanks, I used to race about 12 years ago and have only this year got back to playing around with the cars. I have a couple of tourers and minis as well as the Losi's.
Things have changed a whole lot!!
I'd be keen on putting brushless into the xxx4, the truck should be sweet with the 12T for a while.

A couple more questions, What sort of brushless systems and motor winds do you guys run in 4wd mod?
What Lipo should i be looking at? Charging isnt a prob as I have the right stuff just not sure what i should be looking at.

Oh and 1 more, any good local stores to deal with? We're going up to Newcastle for a nosey so I'll check out the big one there, I'd like to support local rather than do the US import thing I had to do back in NZ.

Cheers
Murray

ps, Security Technician looking for work, anywhere between Newcastle and Sydney , pm me if you can help
Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

in 4WD mod, brushless around 7.5 or 10x1 brushed is a good place to start. With lipo look at packs at least 20C, more C rating the better.

There are a few shops around the area. Northern Beaches Hobby Centre is great or Hobby Heroes, both in the Dee Why area. You also have Feral in the Hornsby area.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Yeah........ another XXX4......... alright.
Bring it on.

Mav's in a flat spin now.

Off to Canberra now. See you all next meeting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.