Search
Like Tree30Likes

St Ives RC Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeromeB
Ok im just gunna file down the black ones so they fit through that end bit the wheel goes onto.

I can use capital letters and full stops ............. <-----

Don't file anything!!!!!!!

If you're talking about the axle, you need to squeeze them through with pliers. Without photos this is kinda hard to explain. They are the right length.

I'll post a pick of Yael's car. She still uses the stock pins... Wait a minute....
Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Arrow On Road Race Entry

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
On-Road is different to Off-Road...

To register at on road I think it costs $10 for the first car (per person), $7.50 for extra cars. This is because of different overheads at the different venues.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.... When we get this sorted out I'll put it up on the website. Sorry it's not there already.
You are so right......Prices as you stated.

Also, our Transponder System caters for Personal transponders. I think that is what Cameron was referring to.

Cheers,
Marg
on Tony's sig.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry about the focus... There's not much light around.

This is the Axle pin. It should be black but it's hard to tell in the photo:
Attached Thumbnails St Ives RC Club-axlepin.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is the CVD pin. It is silver. I know that it is hard to see from the photos but you must trust me. Or not...
Attached Thumbnails St Ives RC Club-cvdpin.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Arrow LAST SUNDAY @ OFF ROAD

Many thanks to Jerome and Brad for their early arrival at the track last Sunday and the effort that they put in to sweeping it.
Also a big thanks to Michael for his PA commentary during the day, it was really great having someone call the races and advertise our Club.

Thanks also to all our members for the help that they gave.
The encouragement given to the junior members is fantastic.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Jerome for showing me how my car should be driven, it actually does go round corners. Yeah Jerome.

Cheers,
Marg
on Tonys sig.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Don't file anything!!!!!!!

If you're talking about the axle, you need to squeeze them through with pliers. Without photos this is kinda hard to explain. They are the right length.

I'll post a pick of Yael's car. She still uses the stock pins... Wait a minute....
Ive tried everything to get them through and they just wont go, I also have a nut that wont fit around a screw to mount one of the rear shocks. Im going to finnish what I can and then email assoiated with what parts dont fit.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by old racer
Many thanks to Jerome and Brad for their early arrival at the track last Sunday and the effort that they put in to sweeping it.
Also a big thanks to Michael for his PA commentary during the day, it was really great having someone call the races and advertise our Club.

Thanks also to all our members for the help that they gave.
The encouragement given to the junior members is fantastic.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Jerome for showing me how my car should be driven, it actually does go round corners. Yeah Jerome.

Cheers,
Marg
on Tonys sig.
Not only does it go around corners! It flies! it was so nice to drive I cant wait til I get mine running, just have to get the parts to fit

Thanks again for letting me drive yours, Ill hopefully have atleast 1 car running next meet and hopefully 2
Old 05-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Jerome , in losi and assosiated kits , there is no such thing as parts that dont fit, make shore you have read the instructions very clearly, and read them again, and then again, DONT RUSH.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SJLRACING
Jerome , in losi and assosiated kits , there is no such thing as parts that dont fit, make shore you have read the instructions very clearly, and read them again, and then again, DONT RUSH.
I think Im taking my time I spent 5 hours yesterday and about9 hours today. ive read the instructions and I matched the pin up to the 1:1 scale on the page and its the right one, but it just wont go in, with pliers and everything Ive tried. I also got a nut that wont fit but I found one in the garage that does.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think Im taking my time I spent 5 hours yesterday and about9 hours today. ive read the instructions and I matched the pin up to the 1:1 scale on the page and its the right one, but it just wont go in, with pliers and everything Ive tried. I also got a nut that wont fit but I found one in the garage that does.
maybe there is a bur blocking the hole. check you can see thru the hole.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

No burs its a clean straight hole. I can get like .5mm of the pin through and then it gets stuck.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Be prepared for the XRAY Blitzkrieg come Sunday - you are either with me or against me....Who will rise to the challenge and join me in annihilating all those who dare question the all mighty T2
Mwa ha ha har.........
Old 05-24-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

No burs its a clean straight hole. I can get like .5mm of the pin through and then it gets stuck.
Do your best to get the car as close to finished as you can. If the parts don't arrive from Associated in time, get to off-road early next week and I'll sort you out with anything you need I have bolts and various other things lying around. You can give me the parts when they arrive.

The axle pins are hard to get in, plain and simple. I remember thinking that when I built my first B4.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DTM.inc
Be prepared for the XRAY Blitzkrieg come Sunday - you are either with me or against me....Who will rise to the challenge and join me in annihilating all those who dare question the all mighty T2
Mwa ha ha har.........
Xray smexray... although Paul says that you are a great driver so I wont say that I'll beat you on Sunday. You said that you were driving stock? I look forward to putting up the ol' TC4 against another Xray. I'll have to get out the ol' comm lathe too...
Old 05-24-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Meh, Paul says alot of things. I know at least he will join my conquest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.