Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*****TCS 2006 AUSTRALIA*****

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It'a a shame about the bizarre rule banning Spektrum radios. It will prevent me from attending TCS. Spent the money to upgrade to a reliable radio system, and I have long since passed on my old gear. Can't see the sense in buying another radio just to satisfy a seemingly ridiculous rule. Don't remember any other event in which certain types of radios are banned. Is a real pity as TCS is a great event.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spektrum radios and the ACMA

Originally Posted by TJ
yes you are right spectrum is not allowed.
TJ a lot of people are upset they cannot take part in TCS because of these radio rules.

Can you spell it out for us why this is the case?
Attached Thumbnails *****TCS 2006 AUSTRALIA*****-tcs-radio-rules.jpg  
Old 06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Because the event sponsor wants it that way. Also, the sponsor doesn't sell 40MHz radios or 27MHz Futaba radios if I am correct. In this way, they are blocking grey imports of Futaba radios and other brands not bought from Toy Traders.

TJ can confirm

I must admit it is very poor form as the event is about TCS (Tamiya) not Futaba. I have 4 Tamiya cars and cannot enter because I have a 40MHz KO radio
Old 06-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default What radios are allowed??? What frequency band???

I was sure I have seen a discussion about which radios are allowed on the previous years TCS threads, and TJ's reponse.

This one covers it pretty well: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=387 on the TCS 2005 Thread

Originally Posted by TJ
You are sort of right. The reason for no 40mg radios is that the ACA only states that 29,27 and frequences in 40mg between 40.66 to 40.7 that only leave 2-4 channels that can be used. So saying that, I can't run a meeting with so smaller number of 40mg so I have said no 40mg radios. It is actually to do with insurance not that TT does or doesn't import those type of radios.
Now things are getting interesting.

Looking at the class licence: http://www.acma.gov.au/acmainterwr/a...es/models.rtf). I have converted it to a doc file and attached the document for easy viewing.

Unfortunately the only frequency band that will be allowed will be 29Mhz as this is the only band mentioned in this Class Licence. So all 27Mhz and 40Mhz radios are illegal.

Know how insurance companies take things to the "letter", I would be getting your policy reviewed TJ.

When updating the policy maybe the A.C.M.A. approved Spektrum systems and Spektrum modules (i.e. the ones with the A.C.M.A. "C tick")
Attached Files
File Type: doc
models.doc (46.0 KB, 119 views)
Old 06-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Radio Rules

I am one of the lucky ones that has purchased a Futaba radio from my LHS that is TCS legal.

Gentlmen, please remember the prizes up for grabs, a ticket to Japan and treated like an RC King for a week and a shopping spree at Tamiya.

If you have a 29mhz 3PK and you converted to Spectrum, its only a matter of aquiring a module for this great event.

Also, the entry fee is nominal for a great race meet.

I look forward to this weekend and have done so for the last four years, although with my experience I'm just making up the numbers, its still a privalige to be part of this well supported event.

If Coke was a major sponsor and put up 15000 grand, it would be a given that would be the only soft drink product sold at the canteen, TT is the major sponsor of TCS and has every right to have a final say on what radios may and may not be used. Thats just business sense . . .

See you at TCS minus my beloved XRay T2.

IDM
Old 06-08-2006, 04:21 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Yes we have been through this before. Basicly I have seen a document from TT that states that for radio control model and cars the only frequencies are 29 and 27mhz it does state that we can use 40 mhz but only between 40.66 and 40.7. Yes there are other section about low frequience and so and so on but because this is an insurance issue. TT insurance company will not allow any thing out side those boundries. So we have been doing this for now 3 years and still people complain I suppose that the nature of the beast. The only thing that doesn't full into that group is the rules is No Futaba 27mhz. Because it is not brought into the country through the sole importer of Futaba into this country. Girls you can take or leave it. Its not going to change unless we get it in writing from ACA. I have been trying for 3 year with no luck. I have asked Queensland for writen proof of information in this regards with no relpy.
So hear we are all the same people complaining again and if memory get me wrong have competed in TCS in the last three year.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Matt : Bring your Truck and maybe TJ can aswell. Just imagine what it would be like having a head on collision with those.

Regarding Radios: Not complaining this year
Old 06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

My point is that the whole insurance thing is brought up as a reason for prohibiting certain radio bands.

But if they allowed the Spektrum systems they would get more people. More people need to purchase Tamiya product from their LHS. This would add to TT's return on sponsoring this event.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TJ
Its not going to change unless we get it in writing from ACA. I have been trying for 3 year with no luck.
I will make inquiries at the ACMA.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

You don't get my piont if you have run or organised a club or meeting you need insurance rule number one.
I would say that 50% made more have purchased they radio OS and haven't supported that Australian market. What's to say that if there have purchased a radio OS why not other things, say cars, part ect. If you don't support the Australian market why should the Australian market support you. TIM is correct a lot of money is put up for this event trips, prizes and give aways. Its the biggest event prize wise in the country and it is all put up by TT not tamiya. Insurance is insurance if you don't believe me go to your clubs insurance company and ask if you are protected if you don't run these channel. You could be in for a shock. The 27 futaba why not it is his competition.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:34 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by r0adrunn3r
I will make inquiries at the ACMA.
Go for you life but I need it in writing that it is for radio control model cars from the goverment body.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

At the end of the day, a promoter is putting on an event, rules are specified and need to be adhered to. This is not the first event that has had rules that differ from the norm. Having competed in the TCS races for probably the last 5 years, and lucky enough to have travelled to Japan, this race meeting is without a doubt one of the premier event in the racing calendar.

Well ran, well attended, competitive racing, with the biggest prise in Australia on offer, with bonus giveaways also provided for.

Im sure if the radio is the only limiting factor, you will be able to beg/borrow/steal a suitable radio for the weekend.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TJ
Go for you life but I need it in writing that it is for radio control model cars from the goverment body.
Here it is:

Radiocommunications Class Licence (Low Interference Potential Devices) 2000

The full document is attached.

This is what you will find the insurance policy refers to and allows you to run the other frequency bands at this event and RC clubs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RadcomLIPDClassLic2000.pdf (58.7 KB, 179 views)
Old 06-08-2006, 05:35 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

yes I know the doc. So like I said were does it say that you can do this for radio control cars. Please remember that we are talking about insurance companies here.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TJ
Please remember that we are talking about insurance companies here.
Exactly...

Just remember the Class Licence what you quote all the time "Radiocommunications (Radio-controlled Models) Class Licence 2002" only covers 29Mhz for model cars. So how can people using 27Mhz be covered under the policy?

So unless you have made reference to the Class Licence "Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2000" in the policy, the 27Mhz will not be covered by the insurance company.

I spoke to ACMA in Sydney (1300 850 115) "Matt" was his name. He is well versed in the regulations as he has fielded many questions about this recently.

He said; 26Mhz, 27Mhz, 40Mhz and the Spektrum (2.4GHz) for model car RC use are all covered under "Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2000"

He went on to say that it covers all transmitters whether they are for opening garage doors or controlling model cars.

So my question is the "Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2000" included in the policy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.