Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2015 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series >

2015 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hear what you're saying Baggz. The focus must be on clubs and club racers.

The reason we're concerned with the drop in numbers, is because it means that we're catering for 25 fewer club racers per round than we were with 1-day meets. And each club is about ~$1500 worse off than it was before as a result. Fewer funds for clubs, fewer racers enjoying club series.

As I recall the reason for splitting the meets was to be able to cater for more club racers. We wanted more people to be able to enjoy club series. Instead it seems we've got more people enjoying 2 lots of CS per round, and more people staying home.

That's it in a nutshell.

I agree there are too many classes. I tried to put my thoughts about that into this post, but it got like 10 times longer. I agree with you that a separate Truck series is the way to go if people really want to run truck. I'm not really hearing that much enthusiasm for it to be honest. "It's my 3rd favourite class, I wouldn't drop buggy, but I want to run it," is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Maybe, like you Baggz, I've been around too long. Because I remember when most club racers only had 1 car. Now it seems that to get a full day's racing in you have to have at least 2 cars, because there are so many other people wanting to run multiple classes that there isn't enough time left in the day to guarantee the one class racer more than 20 minutes of track time in 8 hours! Now people want to run 4 classes, and we wonder where the problem is? The Juniors all only raced 1 class each. They all seemed pretty happy. Do the rest of us need to run 4 classes to be satisfied?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Race formats

Hi guys,

we are having some similar discussions on the Vic thread re race formats. I created a basic xls sheet to look at the finishing times for race meetings vs different formats. Here is a link to a chart which may be of interest.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13937247-post83.html

The xls sheet is flexible to allow you to enter different numbers of classes, different race times, different numbers of A/B/C finals etc. If anyone from NSW would like a copy of the sheet, I can post here.

Its awesome that both NSW and VIC have such strong series that we are having to have these kinds of discussions!!

Ray
Old 04-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Hi guys,

we are having some similar discussions on the Vic thread re race formats. I created a basic xls sheet to look at the finishing times for race meetings vs different formats. Here is a link to a chart which may be of interest.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13937247-post83.html

The xls sheet is flexible to allow you to enter different numbers of classes, different race times, different numbers of A/B/C finals etc. If anyone from NSW would like a copy of the sheet, I can post here.

Its awesome that both NSW and VIC have such strong series that we are having to have these kinds of discussions!!

Ray
Should we go back to the old days and have the EP off Road NSW vs VIC State of Origin at Wodonga? That used to be a great event!.

From memory each state nominated 5 drivers for each class and you could only run one class and everyone helped each other!

We all arrived around lunch time Saturday, practiced in the arvo, race day Reedy Race style on Sunday.

Yes it was invitational only, but you could only run one class, but you helped your NSW or VIC mates in other classes, i.e. mod guys had time help stock and junior racers etc.

Results from each states club series could be the selection criteria for the event.

Classes back in the day were 2wd and 4wd stock and Mod and Stadium Trucks. You could now introduce 2wd SCT and Juniors.

We would finish around 3.30pm for long haul home to Sydney and Melbourne. Definitely a daylight savings event.

It would certainly add another dimension to the Club series. Further, I think you could only be selected for a class to represent your state if you competed in that class at at least 3 club series events.

This could be whole new discussion in another thread, but worth mentioning here. I've probably said enough on this thread now...
Old 04-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Results .....

Hi guys,

Have the results been posted yet?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Apex1972
Hi guys,

Have the results been posted yet?
Would be good to get the results.!!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yeah David, dont confuse the thread of talk of more meetings etc, theres already too many meetings which is why this has all happened.

Results are coming guys, just calm down, they'll be posted when ready
Old 04-05-2015, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Website is down,,I want to enter truck.
Can we fix please.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

All good....
Looks like there's going to be 4 T5M' s running in
stadium truck,,
Good, strong representation for AE's latest release.

Drove mine today,,and loved it!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Results

Hey guys. The buggy day results can be found here. http://castlehillraceway.com/downloa...ng_Report.html

Cheers

Mikey
Old 04-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Hey guys. The buggy day results can be found here. http://castlehillraceway.com/downloa...ng_Report.html

Cheers

Mikey
Wow, i did better than i thought.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My car got stolen. My house burnt down. My girlfriend found out about my other girlfriend but what I'm really annoyed about in being away on the 19th so no truck racing. That really sucks but.............Baggz I've sent you a pm re refund. thanks and see you at the track in the forest soon.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Mikey can u sort above pls.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

We'll be running the re run of the truck round this Sunday,,
There is still time to get an entry in for Stadium and SCT as
we'll be closing entries on Friday night,,

BBQ lunch will be on, with cold drinks available all day.
It'll be a great day for some truckin!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Hi all,
Letting everyone know that we'll make a call tomorrow arvo
if CS truck round is on for Sunday,,
The forecast is not looking good,,
Old 04-17-2015, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doorz
Hi all,
Letting everyone know that we'll make a call tomorrow arvo
if CS truck round is on for Sunday,,
The forecast is not looking good,,
That's a shame, the forecast does look dodgy.
I was trying to get to this but I think I'll save the leave pass.
I hope it clears up for you guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.