Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2015 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series >

2015 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:29 AM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This may have already been suggested.
How bout a 2 day meeting, racing starts midday sat, practice in the morning, most people seem to go and practice for buggy on the saturday anyway.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

OK so there's 4-5 guys who will be put out by not being able to run 4 classes. I've proposed the option that those who have already entered the truck classes can have an allowance to run 4 classes if they want /can. The only proviso is that those drivers would need to provide substitute marshals.

We only had 11 heats all up which can all by run in 1 day.

Where are the voices of support for dropping back to one day

ATF makes a good point about this being a club championship, someone was talking about more results counting per driver. That's absolutely not the idea of this series. It's a club team series. Unless you want a separate truck series.

It could be an option for next year that each Club can run it's own tweak on the format of the meeting
Old 03-31-2015, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Hey dal. You're about 5 years late
Old 03-31-2015, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dal
This may have already been suggested.
How bout a 2 day meeting, racing starts midday sat, practice in the morning, most people seem to go and practice for buggy on the saturday anyway.
We tried it in 2008 Dal. Same thing happened as is happening now.

----------

I like your longer final suggestion though. 1x15 minute final instead of 3x5 minute finals saves about 42 minutes in a day across all classes. Which gains enough time to run an extra heat of something.

With single 15 minute As, you don't need to run Bs and Cs between them either. Which means you could allocate the A finals in groups of 8 or 9, and do bump ups from the B finals.

Some big races in the US have been running longer finals for some time now.

As Mikey says something to think about for next year.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have run truck (ST) at just about every CC round I could attend over the past 6-7 years. Admittedly this is mainly 2 or 3 Sydney bases rounds as there is no way I can manage to commit to 1.5 days. Travel and stay o/n I can't do.

I practise at the track coming up before the CC event, when time allows or at a club day.

I have generally run one buggy class and ST. My choice. Trying to run more than 2 classes is just too much. Especially if you make an A final and now even B & C finals get 2 goes.

I think 1 day events is they way to go. Max 15-16 heats per round. 3 qualifiers then finals. It worked fine before. Trucks often only had 8-15 runners in each class. We do have to fit Juniors in too now.

Maybe allow people to enter max 3 classes. Then if you want to run truck (ST or SCT) and you want to run both buggy classes you can. But you also have to try to get someone to marshal for you.

So much time seems to be lost each race day getting marshals ready. Heats with less than 9-10 means we need volunteers. If you race lots of classes don't expect special conditions re marshalling. You race, you marshal.

Also entry numbers are down.

What about a look at entry fee? I think a key factor is that clubs organising a round have to buy trophies and these are a big cost.
Can we have less flash trophies, or do the few that get them really put them up at home so all their mates can see them?

Happy to see one day events again.

Oh and a few good stadium truck guys told me they would like it to be 10.5 again as they report less tyre wear and truck tyres cost more than buggy tyres (I am too slow to really notice).

Thommo
Old 03-31-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Great feedback Thommo!

These 1.5 day formats just dont work

Also thanks to David N for getting on the front foot with this and offering the St ives perspective

I think leaving truck as mod is best for this year

If we can get the ok from the guys unhappy about being limited to 2 classes that they are happy that if theyd already entered truck/sct at castle hill that they are allowed to enter up to 4 classes as long as they can supply a marshal then i dont see any other barriers to moving to a 1 day event for the remainder of the year

We'll limit it to 2 classes per driver, but perhaps 2 weeks out from the event, if theres room within the 14 max heats to put more entrants in, clubs could allow 3rd entries for drivers.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CC series Truck

Originally Posted by NOFX
Great feedback Thommo!

These 1.5 day formats just dont work

Also thanks to David N for getting on the front foot with this and offering the St ives perspective

I think leaving truck as mod is best for this year

If we can get the ok from the guys unhappy about being limited to 2 classes that they are happy that if theyd already entered truck/sct at castle hill that they are allowed to enter up to 4 classes as long as they can supply a marshal then i dont see any other barriers to moving to a 1 day event for the remainder of the year

We'll limit it to 2 classes per driver, but perhaps 2 weeks out from the event, if theres room within the 14 max heats to put more entrants in, clubs could allow 3rd entries for drivers.
Hi Mikey & Daniel

I did not enter for Casso as i did not want to tie up so many weekends like last year and I was not intending to enter this year at all. But if I can't because I am not in for Casso then I will sit the year out.

But if I could enter 3 classes or even 4, I like Desi like to give it a go. It is a team event we should be able to get some one to help with marshaling.

It has been said it is not just truck that is down since the split it seems all entries are down. Last years State titles were a disappointment especially in truck.

In the old days 1980/90's we ran an A and a B round and we were selected by our club to enter. I don't think there are enough of us at the moment but it is another way to deal with the numbers.

My 2 cent's worth.

Hope you guys can come up with a workable formula.

Thanks Scott
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I got rid of my trucks purely because I don't have the time to commit to two separate days, so they would have just sat on the shelf. If I could race three classes I'd consider getting an SCT again most likely.

Bring on 1 day meets and 15min mains with bump ups, that would be awesome!
Old 03-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

hey scott

Ive offered up the option that if the heats arent all full, 3rd entries could be taken, this is just a temporary solution for the remainder of the year, we've never allowed 4 entries on a day and 3rd entries have previously been restricted.

The offer is to the people who have already committed to the championship and put their money down and will be affected if changes take place after they have already made that commitment
Old 03-31-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

totally loving the 15min races with bump ups!!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think the numbers in CS is not only going south just because we changed it to 2 days i think tampering with the days format wont work i say change back to a 1 day event see how much interested is shown, i really can t see numbers exploding because its back to one day keep it simple as dan said not many people enter more than 2 anyway and its up to them to find marshal's if they dont deduct laps form there last run i really think we should keep it simple....... +1 hahah
Old 03-31-2015, 10:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

15 minute finals with bump ups would create more excitement in my opinion.
If you look at the format of many events around the world, they have been running longer finals for a while now.
More exciting finals and an overall reduction in running time is a win win situation.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:43 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Hey dal. You're about 5 years late
whoops, nuthin new
Old 03-31-2015, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The reason we split the CS into 2 days, was to give the B's and maybe C's 2 finals,,after all they're paying $25 for a few race's and spending around 9_10hrs at the track.
It also give extra time during the day,,so didn't make it all seeming too rushed.
Now we don't have the numbers that we did last year,,people want to change the format, ,?
The reasoning I'm hearing is that people want to race with their mates,,people want to run 3 class's in 1 day,,it's not fair on travellers,etc,etc.

The format we used to run was a 1 day event,,virtually capped entries(1st in,1st served scenario),
With the 4 club's getting allocated 3 positions each in stadium truck,,
It was a big fast day,but was doable.
Only A finalists were getting 3 finals,with B's getting 1 and usually due to the lack of time because of tech faults,incorrect transponders,people not ready,etc,,the C's would be asked if they REALLY want to run a final with only 3_4 in class,,lol,
Then came SCT as the newly sanctioned class,,so we had to make room for that,,all the time the B'S and C'S were thinking,,is it worth $25 for 4 racers,,,,,,not...lol.
Now we're adding junior's to the mix,,another class,,more time added to the day,,and everyone.e is saying, go back to a 1 day event,,limit class's people can enter,,tell racers they can't race their trucks if they want to race buggies also,,back to 1 final for B's and maybe C's, if we have the time,,really?

Club Series racing is all about the up and coming new club racers getting better each club meet,thinking that they're good enough to mix it up with other new up coming racers from other local clubs,,
Not the guys that run at every state and national titles,,finishing in the top 10.
ITS A CLUB SERIES.
I can also remember the days when you were picked for your club team of 10.
And the privilege of being chosen,,ahh the good old days..lol..

Now we're trying to fit way too many class's into, what could possibly be a 1 day event,,
At the expense of upsetting the RC addict that likes to run all 4 class's,,,
I personally think the 2day format is the fairest option,,
I can't think of another possible format that would be fair on all the punters that have been racing at CS events over the last 10+ yrs..not all these racers run at state and national level,,so treat the CS as their large events for the year,,and rightly so being CLUB RACERS.

Now we're adding junior's as another class to the already established class's, ,more time added to day..
I'm not saying it's a bad thing that we're able to grow and expand with newly introduced sanctioned class's, ,
Just saying that they should try and fit into existing format,,without too much fuss or at the expense of established class..

I don't have all the answers,,just trying to make everyone think about it all realistically.
Maybe a separate truck series is the way to go
,with SCT,stadium and 4wd SCT included in the day,,
Or stick with 2 day event,,but all clubs supporting each clubs event,,not choosing which they want to attend..including putting the effort into attending Maitland CS round..

The CS round is usually the host clubs biggest money spinner for the year if they don't organize their own sponsored large meet,,

We need to be supportive of all clubs rounds everywhere,,it's only fair.
Please be realistic about where we want CS to go, and remember where the CS came from..

My 76cents worth.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well said mate

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.