Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
RC Race Supplies 2013 AARCMCC EP OFF ROAD VIC TITLES 29/11 to 1/12 @ WODONGA >

RC Race Supplies 2013 AARCMCC EP OFF ROAD VIC TITLES 29/11 to 1/12 @ WODONGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Race Supplies 2013 AARCMCC EP OFF ROAD VIC TITLES 29/11 to 1/12 @ WODONGA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Scotty G
Captain A....I don't think that A should stand for America... clearly you've never lifted a finger to help at a major event. If I'm wrong, come forward, let us all know who you are, tell us all that you have done and contributed to our hobby. I'd be happy to listen.
Red dirt track... I do feel I owe you an apology... I know what I said, and as much as I truly did have no intention to offend, my words will always be remembered as those of a sore loser if taken out of context. I congratulate Andrew Crowe for taking the 4wd stock title ahead of me, I meant no ill feeling towards him, nor did I have any intention to take the gloss off his win. My eyes have been dried, the moment has past, I look forward to a return to the Wodonga track in 2014.
Your apology is warmly welcome and i hope to challenge your skills again.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Radio Active
@Red Dirt Track: I wasn't there, but I just watched some of the videos and I thought you looked cool. Really Old Skool. Don't let no one rag on your style man. You got it going on!
Thanks Radio Active,
Old 12-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt America
Seriously....... WTF

No track edging or minimal markings, and then the "race refferee" call for corner cutting, FAIL
This portion of your post would be about the only part that I would have to agree too just coming from the Victorian IC State Title at Barmah the week before where I was the bad guy on the microphone through out the event calling all the black flags and stop and go penalties, this EP event was my first major event after many years around Australia at nitro events and seeing how many cars make contact from behind into corners that caused the car to be put on its roof and no one seems to self penalized and wait till that car is marshalled ( even if it cost you both 5 spots ) cars that cause the accident just drive on with no penalty what so ever, same goes for cars that cut corners, curbings or apex's again no self penalizing take place.

1. If a car has 2 wheels on the curbing and 2 wheels on the track well that's called tight racing lines but if 4 wheels cut across the curbing then there should be application of the brakes and self stop and go penalities.

2. If a car cuts a section of the track completely then there should also be an application of brakes and soak up the time that you gained in the way of self penalizing, your only cheating your self of a correct heat time.

3. If you case a jump and end up on the wrong side of the track, pause and then turn around and head the right way after you have penalized yourself.

I think that EP events really need to have one person per major event that is there to purely police/control this ever growing bad practice that is taking place, if in the drivers briefing it is all covered very clearly so that every one understands what fair racing is and cars then don't self penilize then they should be called in for a penality box stop regardless if its the best driver in the country or the novice guy learning the ropes, the only way this problem is going to fix itself is if people get penalized for making continued mistakes.

It worked a treat the week before at the Vics nitro event, after day one and many stop and go penalties the driving got a clear message and the racing got alot cleaner and the racing got a lot closer with out contact, people where not prepared to incur a stop and go penalty that could cost them between 12-15 seconds when they could self penalize costing them 3-5 seconds, I do believe that it is a direction that needs to be put in place for up coming events in 2014 as there are racers out there that drive a much shorter track than other competitors and seem to be all to happy with there heat times when they are posted.

I think that it would help to grow the hobby and sport even if some one has to be the bad guy for a 3 day event, there would be a lot less whinging after heats about contact from behind, there would be a lot less in accurate heat times on the sheet after each heat, the winners would be the ones that raced a clean race and finished in front after the buzzer, cheers Savage Sam
Old 12-03-2013, 11:57 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Hmmm, interesting reading. Personally I had a really enjoyable weekend for my second toy car race after 23 years away from off road.
Well done to all and great to see really good numbers racing and having fun.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Interesting you say that Sam, as I've attended ep races in vic, qld , nsw and alot in wa over a number of years and feel the driving standard has been pretty good. I have recently started racing and attending a bit of gas racing in wa and feel the driving and courtesy standard in gas is far worse than ep over here and marshalling like wise. In fact people I thought where new to the hobby and needed bringing into line in this regard I've know found are from gas.

Sorry for the off topic post, are full results available anywhere for this race?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Results can be found here:

4wd and SCT
http://keilorrc.org.au/results/2014_...et_Report.html

2wd and Truck
http://keilorrc.org.au/results/2014_...et_Report.html