Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
F1 - 2013 RC Formula1 Vic Cup Series - 6 tracks - Apr-Oct >

F1 - 2013 RC Formula1 Vic Cup Series - 6 tracks - Apr-Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 - 2013 RC Formula1 Vic Cup Series - 6 tracks - Apr-Oct

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys,
Those guys coming up for rnd two of the F1 series if you are looking for a place to stay
Park Lane holiday resort its not even 5mins from the track just mention Theo From the bendigo on-road track and they will look after you.
The Phone no. is 03-54493335 and ask for Linda.
Thanks
Theo
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Reminder that Round 2 at Bendigo is in 2 weeks time. It will be a great road trip and the boys at the Bendigo club are rolling out the hospitality with a vengeance. They will be grooming the track ready for optional practice from 1pm on Sat 22 June. So we can go up, spend the afternoon practicing on their great track and then perhaps go out for a meal together to chat about all things F1!

Racing starts at 10am on Sun 23rd and it will be a great day of racing with medals to be won for the podium and TQ and of course those all important championship points (individual and team).

Theo from Bendigo has done a deal with Parklane holiday park which is 5 mins from the track and has cabins with motel like facilities. Phone 03 5449 3335 if you plan to come up on the Saturday for a practice and stay overnight. The Person to ask for is Linda and she will look after you on price if you mention the Bendigo track and that Theo sent you.

TFTR is on tomorrow (Sun 9 June) and the last two meetings we've had 15 F1's so a great opportunity for some final practice!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

The guys from Wodonga are excited about hosting Round 5 of the series on Sat 2 November. Wodonga put on a great event and have a really nice track, so it should be a lot of fun.

As always in Victoria the only question will be the weather. The Wodonga club have asked whether we would like to run the event in rain, hail or shine and they've said that if we would then they'd be happy to do this for us.

So I thought I'd throw it open to discussion.

Positives:
- The event will definitely run so those travelling (most of us) know that there's racing to be had at the end of the trip and accommodation can be booked with certainty

- Running in the wet (if it rains) adds to the technical challenge. As in real F1 the playing field is evened up and slower cars can do very well in the wet. It all comes down to careful driving.

Negatives:
- Wet running is a risk to electronics. While this risk is less on open wheelers than on touring cars (because water isn't thrown under the body by the wheels) it is still a risk. Waterproofing can of course be achieved to significantly reduce the risk and we have done this successfully on touring cars for the All Weather Challenge at TFTR in the past

- Grip - obviously there is less grip in the wet. Very soft tyres have a surprising amount of grip in the wet but it's still obviously much less than on a dry track

- Maintenance - you may choose to throw your wheel bearings out after running in the wet as water will probably get into them. The good news is that F1 wheel bearings are very low cost and easily changed

We have an article on running F1's in the wet here.

So ... open to discussion ...
Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Tech Adept

I've got some Lazy Goo, which is what some of the UK guy use to waterproof their electronics, which I'd like to try one day in my F1 and TC:

http://rclazy.com/shop/lazygoo/

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Waterproof your electrics with Lazy Goo Electrical Waterproofing Agent. As the video above show, you just spread it on your receiver, speedo etc, and then let it dry. When it’s dry you can go swimming!
It’s lovely stuff, you just paint it on the joins, holes, wires etc of your speedo, receiver, and let it dry. Keeps the water out and then just peel it off easily when you come to strip down.
It smells a bit, and has flammable vapours, don’t smoke and do it outside!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Well driving in the wet is a common thing in off road, I have raced in some horrendous conditions, love the idea in F1 should be the standard for the series I think, brings in other eliments to consider, like ride height for the extra weight gain with water, do you dremel up wets from shimizu grooved tyres this will help greatly with traction and if it dries they still grip up fine, and also no entrant goes home with out his F1 fix.
I VOTE YES FOR IT
Old 06-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

1 week to go until Round 2 at Bendigo - can't wait!!

And 3 weeks to go until the Asian On road Championship in Melbourne on brand new CRC carpet (designed for RC racing). Get your entries in. There are 16 in F1 so far and organisers are expecting a rush over the last couple of weeks so don't miss out - enter now!

So much F1 - Life is good!!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

I've just booked my accommodation for this Sat night (22 June). Weather is looking good (touch wood). It will be nice to go North of the ranges and get out of the perpetual drizzle in Melbourne at the moment!

Remember that Sunday is a normal club day for Bendigo so if you have a mini, touring car or VTA then bring it with you. They also run drift cars if you want to strap some PVC boots on your ride and try drifting around their track!

Bendigo have updated their website and it looks very cool so check it out: www.bendigorccarclub.com

Track location and this page also shows the track layout.

The track is open for practice on Saturday at 1pm. Racing Sunday starts approx 10am and it will be a great day of racing with medals to be won for the podium and TQ and of course those all important championship points (individual and team). Check out the current points standing and photos from last round here.

If you're coming up Sat night we'll get together for a meal and a few beers for those interested. And you can be sure we'll be talking about all things F1.

See you all there!!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

For those that haven't been to the Bendigo track before, do they have any breakfast / lunch facilities at the track or close by? or is it BYO?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rbarciko
For those that haven't been to the Bendigo track before, do they have any breakfast / lunch facilities at the track or close by? or is it BYO?
There's definitely food places within a short drive from the track. Cheers
Old 06-18-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys .
We do a BBQ Lunch and i will check about the morning
coffee .
Thanks guys
Theo (committee member)
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by greek god
Hi Guys .
We do a BBQ Lunch and i will check about the morning
coffee .
Thanks guys
Theo (committee member)
Fantastic! Many thanks Theo
Old 06-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

What a fantastic weekend! Great weather, great mates, fantastic hospitality from the Bendigo club and close racing on a well prepared track. What more could we ask for?!

Results and photos are up here

Special thanks to NT for coordinating and to Theo for running the meeting to perfection along with Tim on Alycat. Great work guys!

Looking forward to Round 3 at Geelong on Sun 4 August. Another fun road trip!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:23 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Glad you guys had an awesome time!

Sorry I couldn't be there on Sunday, didn't realise I'd managed to double book myself until this week!

By the looks of it, you guys had a quality field racing this weekend!

The cars I saw scooting around on Saturday arvo looked AWESOME! The cars look so cool and realistic getting around the track! Some very impressive finishing on them too!

Thanks to all the guys that travelled and supported both the series and the Bendigo club for the weekend! Looking forward to seeing them in action again in a few weeks down at AOCRC!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NT
Glad you guys had an awesome time!

Sorry I couldn't be there on Sunday, didn't realise I'd managed to double book myself until this week!

By the looks of it, you guys had a quality field racing this weekend!

The cars I saw scooting around on Saturday arvo looked AWESOME! The cars look so cool and realistic getting around the track! Some very impressive finishing on them too!

Thanks to all the guys that travelled and supported both the series and the Bendigo club for the weekend! Looking forward to seeing them in action again in a few weeks down at AOCRC!
Hi all the F1 guys I would also like to thankyou you guys for a great day of racing and to David Stevens thankyou for asking us to host a round of the F1 championship and all your help too over the weekend.

It was also good to catch up will old friends like Joesph Fekete and Brett and make some new ones too.

So again thankyou and if you want us again next year we are quite happy too do it again you just have to ask.

Thankyou
Cheers

Theo
Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Wodonga Round 5 - Rain or Shine!

Originally Posted by RCformula1
The guys from Wodonga are excited about hosting Round 5 of the series on Sat 2 November. Wodonga put on a great event and have a really nice track, so it should be a lot of fun.

As always in Victoria the only question will be the weather. The Wodonga club have asked whether we would like to run the event in rain, hail or shine and they've said that if we would then they'd be happy to do this for us.

So I thought I'd throw it open to discussion.

Positives:
- The event will definitely run so those travelling (most of us) know that there's racing to be had at the end of the trip and accommodation can be booked with certainty

- Running in the wet (if it rains) adds to the technical challenge. As in real F1 the playing field is evened up and slower cars can do very well in the wet. It all comes down to careful driving.

Negatives:
- Wet running is a risk to electronics. While this risk is less on open wheelers than on touring cars (because water isn't thrown under the body by the wheels) it is still a risk. Waterproofing can of course be achieved to significantly reduce the risk and we have done this successfully on touring cars for the All Weather Challenge at TFTR in the past

- Grip - obviously there is less grip in the wet. Very soft tyres have a surprising amount of grip in the wet but it's still obviously much less than on a dry track

- Maintenance - you may choose to throw your wheel bearings out after running in the wet as water will probably get into them. The good news is that F1 wheel bearings are very low cost and easily changed
At Round 2 in Bendigo I called a vote on the above. Only 4 of the 10 drivers that attended the drivers meeting chose to vote. 3 were in favour of running in the wet with 1 against. The rest abstained. I subsequently received a further 1 vote via email to run in the wet. So 4 votes for and 1 against. So we'll be running rain or shine at Wodonga.

Given the 3 hour plus drive from Melbourne, and even further from Sydney, I believe this makes sense and I've accepted Wodonga's offer of running the meeting "rain or shine". This allows everyone to plan with certainty.

To make it fair to those who don't want to run in the wet, if it rains then we will drop an extra round. Ie; The plan has been for 4 out of the 5 rounds across the 5 clubs to count. If it rains in Wodonga then we will definitely hold the meeting but we will drop an extra round so that a drivers best 3 out of 5 rounds (events) will count. Just like real F1 when it rains it will give some of the slower cars the ability to score some valuable points! Of course if it doesn't rain then 4 out of 5 rounds will still count.

At this stage the meeting will start at Noon with the track open for practice in the morning.

Here are our tips and tricks for running F1 in the wet: http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...ing-in-the-wet

Cheers

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.