Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9 >

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Apart from the 25.1 issues which I have a problem with does this also mean we can't use Shorty packs - official answer please as I may still be able to salvage something from this mess by saving the petrol costs down and back - accom costs and 2 new kits already might be wasted no point in wasting more

IP 6200 60c packs ROAR approved and with no swelling - will not rock on a glass surface - will not go through 25.1 even with the stickers off (I will not pull the stickers off as I will then never be able to use those packs again with no identification on them)

Last edited by heavy; 03-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Wow arnt rules great hmmmmmm, has anyone got the current approved battery link handy that can be posted up by any chance? Or can tell me if these are legal for this event.

Intellect*
4400 50c BG2S4400V5 shorty pack
6800 70c CC2S6800V7
6200 60c CC2S6200V7

Cheers Scott
Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by heavy
Apart from the 25.1 issues which I have a problem with does this also mean we can't use Shorty packs - official answer please as I may still be able to salvage something from this mess by saving the petrol costs down and back - accom costs and 2 new kits already might be wasted no point in wasting more

IP 6200 60c packs ROAR approved and with no swelling - will not rock on a glass surface - will not go through 25.1 even with the stickers off (I will not pull the stickers off as I will then never be able to use those packs again with no identification on them)

+1
Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by I'M BACK
The airing of this rule has just effectively disqualified the majority of the field before the event has even kicked off. Myself I'm sure, and I won't be going out and buying new packs cause I simply can't afford nor justify it
1 vote for common sense
Allready spent way over $1000 .not spending 100+on saddles thatwill swell first use.Wil my boy be able to change class to truck if 4wd not legal. Iknow its my own ignorance to blame, but 5 days out ???? .
Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy

Shortie packs are fine.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Couple of days ago a mate asked me if I was ready for the nats....
I replied: got 2 more days left to work in the desert, then a half hour chopper ride, 100km drive through sand dunes, 1200 Km flight, build up 4 cars, paint 2 boddies, glue the biggest pile of tires I've ever had and then drive 1500kms to Sydney... What could possibly go wrong?
BATTERIES

Got to say of all the things I didn't see it coming. You gotta love the life of the semipro rc driver...
Still can't wait to race at st Ives. Track looks awesome, there will be great racing, good people, I'll just put my trust in the state delegates.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people prepared to chip in for the $50.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to throw my 2 cents in, this is the rule from IFMAR

2S Battery: - Maximum external case sizes:
 Length: 139.0 mm
 Width: 47.0 mm. (The max. width includes any side exit. wires).
 Height: 25.1 mm. (Chassis location features additional to this dimension are allowed)
Saddle-Pack cells are allowed, but must comply with the above width and height.
Furthermore they must not exceed a combined length of 139.0mm max. when placed end
to end.

Now if this is the STANDARD to which ALL Countries compete in, at the worlds, then this rule should be able to over rule all others.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hijinx
Wow arnt rules great hmmmmmm, has anyone got the current approved battery link handy that can be posted up by any chance? Or can tell me if these are legal for this event.

Intellect*
4400 50c BG2S4400V5 shorty pack
6800 70c CC2S6800V7
6200 60c CC2S6200V7

Cheers Scott
Not withsdtanding http://www.roarracing.com/?p=978

Lists are here:

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...ipobattery.php
http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...20v1%20pdf.pdf
http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...20v1%20pdf.pdf

The BRCA lists have measured heights next to each pack listed for anyone interested. I find it fairly incredible that they have them quoted to 0.01 precision. But I'm sure owners of Thunder Power 5000 mAh saddles will be pleased to know they have 0.01 mm to play with.

Last edited by Radio Active; 03-28-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Battery name wrong.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by I'M BACK
DOS totally agree, people have gone out and purchased packs especially for this event.
Here's another thing, let's say Joe Bloggs rolls up with a certain pack, passes its test. Little Johny's turn is next, exactly same pack & due to manufacturing, environmental or other factors doesn't pass. Who's going to tell Lil Johny who's travelled from interstate that he can't run cause his brand new ROAR approved doesn't fit? Not me.
Common sense will prevail
Sign me up to scrutineer, oh what do you know, I already am
Hold on a sec... did I miss something? I haven't said boo since the whole SCT issue.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brenos
Well i just checked my LRP saddles and they were 26.5mm, thats including the the bumps on the bottom...

Spent 5mins with the dremel to knock the bumps off. After the bumps were removed my batteries measured 24.8mm. Hope its not a humid day, because coming from experience with working with ply wood it will swell making the box inaccurate.

I'll be hiring out my dremel for those that need one

Brendan S
Hmmm.. Hate to be the bearer of bad news Brenos, but you definitely won't be allowed to use those packs now.
I'm pretty sure all the rules have some sort of "no modification of the case" clause.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
commonsence must prevail....
when it comes down to it, I'm certain that it will
Old 03-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

On a different subject, I've got the Jconcepts Hi flow SCT body, with all the factory pre marked cut out air holes, can I cut them out or is it not allowed? Oh and the side number plates that fit up on the roll cage area are they allowed to be fitted?

Thanks for the fast post up of the battery list

Cheers Scott
Old 03-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'd like to think that common sense will prevail at the event.

However, to provide some certainty, especially for interstate drivers making the long trip, might I suggest a state delegates conference call be held ASAP so that a decision can be made on this, pre-event?

I would be happy to host this call and can provide conference dial-in details if required, or it can be done over Skype.

Cheers,
Scotty P.
0414 804 674
Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ScottyP
I'd like to think that common sense will prevail at the event.

However, to provide some certainty, especially for interstate drivers making the long trip, might I suggest a state delegates conference call be held ASAP so that a decision can be made on this, pre-event?

I would be happy to host this call and can provide conference dial-in details if required, or it can be done over Skype.

Cheers,
Scotty P.
0414 804 674
State Delegates aren't elected until right after the drivers' meeting.

Originally Posted by AARCMCC EP OFR Rules, Jan 2011
6.6 Competitors and Members Meeting
6.6.1 A meeting of all competitors and financial members of all attending Clubs will be held prior to the start of the Championship, immediately after the Drivers’ Briefing.
6.6.2 The meeting will be broken into State divisions who will then nominate and vote, by a show of hands, for meeting attendees to be the State Delegate and deputy State Delegate for the duration of the Championship.
6.6.3 The State Delegate may be a competitor, or a financial member of a Club represented at the Championship.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hijinx
On a different subject, I've got the Jconcepts Hi flow SCT body, with all the factory pre marked cut out air holes, can I cut them out or is it not allowed? Oh and the side number plates that fit up on the roll cage area are they allowed to be fitted?

Thanks for the fast post up of the battery list

Cheers Scott
Hi Scott,
SCT was discussed quite a while back now, and I believe that "common sense" prevailed. The only main element that needs too stay is the front windscreen.
You're allowed to cut out all the pre-moulded vents including the side windows.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.