Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9 >

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

1st meeting - 1st video of the track, couple of MONTHS out from the meeting......

Let the club tweak it - as they have said on several occasions that they are....leave the armchair racing comments till you drive the track - or even better - LISTEN to the ones that have already driven it. I havent driven it yet - but the layout looks great to RACE on - and yes - I agree - some of the jumps look like they need to be tweaked - but seriously........

jeeezuz some people are hard to please, so all the winners from last years nats are going to hand back their titles cause the jumps were small?

Didnt think so.........................

Cheers

Darryn
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well.. i have all the trophys.. and yes.. we complained for months about the track not having jumps.

the club was not worried about the nats.. and wouldnt work with the members.

we finally have some cool jumps in. but nothing worth having a nats on.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Painy

here is a link for the USA nationals from last year.. perhaps you guys should look at other clubs to see how jumps are made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRikSMLyEdw

watch this then watch your own track... and tell me your still impressed by this years nats track..
Yeah - 1/8th track Josh, lots of room there too. Awesome looking track for sure.

Only ONE track in NSW has that kind of space (Maitland) - and it wasnt their turn this time. Given the space, I reckon you would have seen something pretty similar from the St Ives crew.......then again - there was NO END to the pi$$ing and moaning about our "car breaking" big jump tracks after the first rebuild.........again - cant please everybody now can you.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

well.. i have all the trophys.. and yes.. we complained for months about the track not having jumps.

the club was not worried about the nats.. and wouldnt work with the members.

we finally have some cool jumps in. but nothing worth having a nats on.
Go on - give em back - the titles are worthless mate - there were no jumps and it took no skill to win them.......you should be ashamed of yourself!

All good mate- but seriously - to everyone having a go at the track - LET THE CLUB build the track up eh?

Cheers

Darryn
Old 02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

down sloaps are typicly at a lesser angle than the up sloap.

from the pics. the jumps are not ( front section looks like a back yard club )

here is a link for the USA nationals from last year.. perhaps you guys should look at other clubs to see how jumps are made.

watch this then watch your own track... and tell me your still impressed by this years nats track..
Instead of complaining on here try complaining to the Kuringai council to let us bring in more clay..
The long double was going to be a larger triple but we just didn't have enough clay for it.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bugle
Instead of complaining on here try complaining to the Kuringai council to let us bring in more clay..
The long double was going to be a larger triple but we just didn't have enough clay for it.
You could also complain to AARCMCC for not letting us host the event on our preferred date later in the year which would have given us more time to lobby council for more soil and the new drivers stand.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

down sloaps are typicly at a lesser angle than the up sloap.

from the pics. the jumps are not ( front section looks like a back yard club )

You're a classic Painy! Only a few months ago you were defending Bunbury, which has THE WORST slapper jumps I've ever seen. But that track was awesome, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAnrXKjXZYs

Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mharlow
You could also complain to AARCMCC for not letting us host the event on our preferred date later in the year which would have given us more time to lobby council for more soil and the new drivers stand.

Cant change it now though - so the club just has to "wear" it.....

Track will be awesome - and the best drivers will take the titles - same as it has always been.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
the best drivers will take the titles - same as it has always been.
Maybe not as apparently it doesn't take any skill to win a Nationals on a track with realistic jumps.

On another note we are fortunate to have three very different tracks in Sydney and four you count Maitland so why would St Ives want to make a track that is similar to one of the others.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mharlow
Maybe not as apparently it doesn't take any skill to win a Nationals on a track with small jumps.

On another note we are fortunate to have three very different tracks in Sydney and four you count Maitland so why would St Ives want to make a track that is similar to one of the others.
I wouldn't call them small - I would call them "scale" or perhaps even - dare I say it - "realistic". Like Romsey and others have said - they are and will be in the process of "tweaking" - so all this posturing is just fluff and nonsense at the moment.

Darryn
Old 02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah - 1/8th track Josh, lots of room there too. Awesome looking track for sure.

Only ONE track in NSW has that kind of space (Maitland) - and it wasnt their turn this time. Given the space, I reckon you would have seen something pretty similar from the St Ives crew.......then again - there was NO END to the pi$$ing and moaning about our "car breaking" big jump tracks after the first rebuild.........again - cant please everybody now can you.

Cheers

Darryn
yeah.. but your missing my point.. you dont have to build a track the same as that..

but take some info from it.. even using one of those ump section would spice up what st ives has.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottyP
You're a classic Painy! Only a few months ago you were defending Bunbury, which has THE WORST slapper jumps I've ever seen. But that track was awesome, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAnrXKjXZYs

I think the wa states is a little different to the Nationals that is hosted in what people see as the premier state for rc racing.

Dont you think.

PS, we did make some changes to the jumps befor the states..

PS, Scotty. you didnt come to the event because the track didnt have many jumps.

WHat goes around comes around.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bugle
so it sounds like you guys agree that the jumps are poor...

just bring the clay in and dump it.

honestly.. if you guys couldnt have the drivers stand up to spec or the track..why didnt you pass it onto Maitland.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

I wouldn't call them small - I would call them "scale" or perhaps even - dare I say it - "realistic". Like Romsey and others have said - they are and will be in the process of "tweaking" - so all this posturing is just fluff and nonsense at the moment.

Darryn
our cars are nothing like scale buggies... hence the reason a good offroad track has larger jumps.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

just want you guys to have a weapon event.... hope it works out to be better than ever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.