Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 AARCMCC 1:8 GP OFR Buggy Nationals 8th - 11th March ACT >

2012 AARCMCC 1:8 GP OFR Buggy Nationals 8th - 11th March ACT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AARCMCC 1:8 GP OFR Buggy Nationals 8th - 11th March ACT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugengreg
That has nothing to do with it Dal..... as soon as the person who moderates sees it , the post will be deleted.
Originally Posted by goose341
Uhh, pretty sure there were some posts in there that shouldnt have been deleted?
If your talking about yours. You quoted swearing. I've deleted only four posts. All containing these words.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

What about the conversation between Dal and Retro R/C regarding breakfast at the track, I don't see how that was against any of the terms of use?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Addict

Where's everyones posts gone saying I was gunna win..Damn you moderatorsa
Old 02-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

What about the conversation between Dal and Retro R/C regarding breakfast at the track, I don't see how that was against any of the terms of use?
i haven't deleted any of Retro RC's posts
one deleted from Dal

4 (four) posts deleted today
and none of them have "breakfast" mentioned in them..
Old 02-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry mate, my mistake, I must've been looking at the wrong page
Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

i think i know whats happened...

when i delete a post the page gets rearranged.. so the page you've seen would be different now as all the posts after the deletion get moved up
Old 02-29-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

That would do it, considering I haven't closed the thread for the past 3 days, just constant refreshing . anyway, back on topic, 7 more days until the biggest buggy event ever run in Australia!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That would do it, considering I haven't closed the thread for the past 3 days, just constant refreshing . anyway, back on topic, 7 more days until the biggest buggy event ever run in Australia!
my final pick. (in no order)

Laughton
Mcbride
Pavidis
Griffin
Myself
Bakla
Dykoff
Gillot
Stringer
Smulders
King
kelly
Ford
Shore
Jones

that will be my A final.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Top 5

Griffin

Laughton

Currie

Barkla

Gillott

Last edited by Darylc; 02-29-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default reply

Its a fantastic state this sport is in reading the last few pages, wonder if it will reflect on the truggy nationals numbers later this year at the same track & club as im sure lots of lower level drivers like myself that enjoy going to these big events to see if I can finish a little higher this year over last years knowing that the playing field for nationals is just not the same for everyone with the guys that can fly around the country getting lap time on the tracks selected by the governing body for nationals prior to events.

I know from a few years attending these events that the fast guys are fast regardless but when they are being assisted with events, practice and club meets on the track layout prior to events it just makes this sport all about the top end guys and the other 70 or so entries is just to help fund the events at national and state level.

Maybe we need to look down the road of the usa and run two classes the pro classes and open classes with guide lines in place, Im sure some would run in the pro class just to see how they do as im sure some trophy hunters would drop down to the open class also, People keep refering to F1 car racing and other forms of motor sports but the real fact is that in each of these motor sports the top guys have there own class and the rest have classes below that reflect there abilities and in order for them to progress they win in there class enough then they move upward into the next class.

Maybe a ranking system could be put in place using state and national results and the top 36 drivers run Pro Class, 37-72 ranked drivers run in Open Class and 73-??? run in the Novice Class as I know this system works in other sports and gives lower level drivers some goals to reach the top of there class and entering the class above in the future, further more some of the sports using this format have events through out the year where Pro Class drivers can not attend in which helps grow the lower level drivers with in the sport rather than a format the only rewards the Pro Class guys.

ONE WEEK AND WE SHOULD ALL BE ARRIVING IN ACT, WEATHER GO AWAY AND HELP THE TRACK TEAM OUT PLEASE.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by savagesam
Its a fantastic state this sport is in reading the last few pages, wonder if it will reflect on the truggy nationals numbers later this year at the same track & club as im sure lots of lower level drivers like myself that enjoy going to these big events to see if I can finish a little higher this year over last years knowing that the playing field for nationals is just not the same for everyone with the guys that can fly around the country getting lap time on the tracks selected by the governing body for nationals prior to events.

I know from a few years attending these events that the fast guys are fast regardless but when they are being assisted with events, practice and club meets on the track layout prior to events it just makes this sport all about the top end guys and the other 70 or so entries is just to help fund the events at national and state level.

Maybe we need to look down the road of the usa and run two classes the pro classes and open classes with guide lines in place, Im sure some would run in the pro class just to see how they do as im sure some trophy hunters would drop down to the open class also, People keep refering to F1 car racing and other forms of motor sports but the real fact is that in each of these motor sports the top guys have there own class and the rest have classes below that reflect there abilities and in order for them to progress they win in there class enough then they move upward into the next class.

Maybe a ranking system could be put in place using state and national results and the top 36 drivers run Pro Class, 37-72 ranked drivers run in Open Class and 73-??? run in the Novice Class as I know this system works in other sports and gives lower level drivers some goals to reach the top of there class and entering the class above in the future, further more some of the sports using this format have events through out the year where Pro Class drivers can not attend in which helps grow the lower level drivers with in the sport rather than a format the only rewards the Pro Class guys.

ONE WEEK AND WE SHOULD ALL BE ARRIVING IN ACT, WEATHER GO AWAY AND HELP THE TRACK TEAM OUT PLEASE.

well said big fella
Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Darylc
Top 5

Griffin

Laughton

Currie

Barkla

Gillott

Kyle Mc Bride is going to be there also
Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
Amen.

Hasn't stopped raining here for 2 days straight...a few breaks here and there - but constant. Doesn't look like stopping till Sunday. Flood warning and all that for the region.

Saving grace is is that the track drains pretty well and grooves up super quick.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 02-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc skyline
Kyle Mc Bride is going to be there also
and whats your prediction rc skyline
Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Laughton
Mcbride
Pavidis
Griffin
Gillott

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.