Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 NSW Off-Road Club Series >

2011 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't see how a control tyre is a cheaper option than allowing people to run whatever they have already. If there is no control tyre then tight arses like me can use tyres that have already done a few meets and not have to fork out $50 or $60 for tyres on top of race fees.

Reduced race fees is an excellent idea though.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Reduced race fees is an excellent idea though.
I think we are all in favour on that point. So long as we understand that this means a reduction in either the number of or quality of trophies.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How about this for an idea: instead of running a two day weekend, why not run two weekends each, one for stock and mod truck and short course trucks and another weekend for the buggy classes. You could either have them as separate pointscores or combined. That way the stock drivers can have all the entries they want.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah,,Don't really agree with the control tyre biz,,,,,control tyre's are for major meets,no need to bring another rule into CC's,,
Maybe have a "club choice" tyre available on the day,,,if the club wants to,,

It's still only a handful of RC racers opinion's,,not the 100 odd entrants for any round of the CC,,we need to remember this,,
It would be great if every punter actually fills out a questionaire,,and has an input,
Instead of the,Go with the flow club vote,,,like the stock speedie rule,,
The CC might need some changes RE:SCT,etc,,but,,It ain't broke,No need to fix it,,
It all comes back to the club's, and it's senior members,to help and encourage the "newbies",,to have a go at a CC round,,get their feet wet,,
Stadium trucks should remain,in both stock and mod,,,,There is nothing stopping any club from organizing its own SCT race,,Ryde has their own meet,,
If the calender allows,why not have a SCT CC,once,twice,or more during the year,,,,,seeing as there is enough sct drivers out there,,

CC's are meant to be a big race for a weekend club member,,I still get nervous on the stand for the 1st quali,,,,,,
I know my place in the pecking order in 4wd stock,,but,,I still go to every CC round and have a blast,,if I make the A's,,very cool,,then again,I really enjoy seeing the younger and newer racers,getting higher and higher in their placings at every round,,especially if they beat someone who beats me all the time,,Not a fan of the 2 day CC idea,,

These are my own opinions only,,
Toy cars guys;

Last edited by doorz; 11-22-2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: RRRREEEEELLLLLLAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX,,,
Old 11-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

bbbbbbrt
Attached Thumbnails 2011 NSW Off-Road Club Series-p1010111.jpg  
Old 11-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mihy
bbbbbbrt
That's a truck off shot! Nice.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Or is it an out of focus picture of a marshall scratching his armpit ?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i wont harp on about the control tyre too much longer, those who cant see the benefits i feel are looking very short-sightedly at the issue. supply is not an issue either, and my idea for a control tyre is for the whole series (all rounds use the same tyre), lets face it, 95%+ of the time, holeshot 2.0 are a very suitable tyre. if u had that tyre nominated for the whole year, then everyone knows where they stand and can have a few sets hanging around when they get tyres, also people would have them at the track if someone was desperate for a set.

i cannot see how its going to be more expensive, now the new guys dont have to have 3 sets of every tyre just in case one is working, they can just have a few sets of the one tyre and know they arent going to be beaten on track by better tyres, just better setup cars and better drivers, the drop in the entry fees will cover one set of tyres per meeting anyway
Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
i wont harp on about the control tyre too much longer, those who cant see the benefits i feel are looking very short-sightedly at the issue. supply is not an issue either, and my idea for a control tyre is for the whole series (all rounds use the same tyre), lets face it, 95%+ of the time, holeshot 2.0 are a very suitable tyre. if u had that tyre nominated for the whole year, then everyone knows where they stand and can have a few sets hanging around when they get tyres, also people would have them at the track if someone was desperate for a set.

i cannot see how its going to be more expensive, now the new guys dont have to have 3 sets of every tyre just in case one is working, they can just have a few sets of the one tyre and know they arent going to be beaten on track by better tyres, just better setup cars and better drivers, the drop in the entry fees will cover one set of tyres per meeting anyway
Couldn't agree more Mikey. There is no way that this wouldn't cut the cost of racing in the series.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Would certainly make life alot easier.

Only suggestion I would have (more to appease the different importers) is to change the control tire each year. Prol-line Holeshot then Losi X2000 then whatever......That mixes it up a bit and keeps the supporters/importers happy as well.

Either way - it is a great suggestion.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 11-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
Would certainly make life alot easier.

Only suggestion I would have (more to appease the different importers) is to change the control tire each year. Prol-line Holeshot then Losi X2000 then whatever......That mixes it up a bit and keeps the supporters/importers happy as well.

Either way - it is a great suggestion.

Cheers

Darryn
yeah agreed, i think all we need is about a 3 month notification of the new tyre for the next season
Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

yeah agreed, i think all we need is about a 3 month notification of the new tyre for the next season
How do you plan to decide which tyre would be chosen? Do you plan to have the series organiser negotiate with a supplier to make sure there are sufficient stocks available locally?

When we had State and National Titles with control tyres only sourced by competitors there were supply issues. I remember people turning up at State Titles still trying to get more tyres because they couldn't find them elsewhere. Like I said earlier the Vic states and the NSW states completely consumed ALL of the rear holeshot 2.0s in the country earlier this year.

One of the arguments given earlier for trying to get the Nationals date moved is that suppliers were finding it difficult to get large supplies of tyres from manufacturers right after Christmas.

Supply isn't a trivial problem.

Now, I know the thought is, "You can just get them from overseas, so no problem." Except, it takes a week to get tyres shipped in if the internet stores have enough in stock, and a large portion of racers don't seem to be organised enough for that. A third of entries for any event come in in the last two days entries are open. Plus tyres are bulky, if that's all you're ordering the postage adds to your cost. And then new people don't like ordering from the internet. Any time I tell someone they'll need to get something that isn't sold locally I get a look that says that's too hard. It doesn't help our relationship with the LHS either (which we need to get new racers).

If you're confident you can select a tyre that will suit all 4 tracks to a fair degree, then you need to ensure supplies are available. A control tyre could be great, but there is a logistical problem to be solved, and someone has to solve it. If you're keen to work on this then send Gavin a message, he has negotiated deals with tyre suppliers for AARCMCC he'll be able to give you an idea of what is involved.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

i believe supply is a trivial problem if you give people 3 months notice to arrange tyres, its not like we're going to buy the worlds supply of holeshot 2.0's up. i dont believe anything would need to be done by anyone involved in the organisation of the series to arrange anything in relation to the tyres, the other thing is, because this is a team event, surely people within a club could pool together any surplus tyres if people needed them

you say it takes weeks to get them in from overseas, i give the people 3 months to find them, you say it adds freight cost, i say, the local supplier has 3 months notice to have them. regardless, your points are noted, people can decide for themselves whether they think a control tyre will benefit the series and whether they think supply will be a drama, i think its an item that should be put up for a vote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

regardless, your points are noted, people can decide for themselves whether they think a control tyre will benefit the series and whether they think supply will be a drama, i think its an item that should be put up for a vote
Fair enough. I could be wrong. And if the clubs agree they want to try it then we'll be trying it.

I suggest that if we do that though we put something in place that allows us to evaluate how its going at set points during the season, and rescind the rule if enough clubs agree that supply is becoming an issue.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1 for control tyre.

What would you do about a truck/sc tyre but? Proline need to get of there arse and make hole shot 2.0s for trucks. May be the new losi 22t will get them into gear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.