Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November >

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default !

Thanks again to the perth guys for putting on such a well run event and congrats to the winners.

Thanks to Simmo, Fred, Corey, Andrew A, Painy and Jess! and Thanks to Daz and GAV for the help.

Dissapointed to not bring home the metal but thats racing.

Cheers guys.

Ill be back in 6 years.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sad to see the Mini issue is still being deliberated and argued about, unfortunately the attitude of "Who cares about Mini, its a slow shit beginners class" was the reason for the delay in proceedings on Saturday, as people wouldn't take it seriously and be decisive, hence it went to a full blown delegates meeting.

I challenge any 'gun' driver (except you Painy!) to borrow my Nationals winning car and see if they can finish top three at a club meeting straight up, might even put a wager on it and run my spare chassis in the field..

Anyways I would like to thank everybody from the committee to the busy bee workers, to the top notch catering ladies, to fellow competitors for making the event the success it was, and hope WCMRC On-Road can continue to grow to be one of the premier clubs in Australia.

And + 1 on the photos, I know there was a flash looking camera there clicking away!

James
Old 11-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I really do not understand how the mini rules are so hard to interpret. It seems us mini drivers in the East can understand them, however the Sand Grophers can't. ( I am a former west australian, so no unnecessary flaming).

We have not had the issues you have had at the Nationals at any of our State Titles. As Bradd has said the car should never have been approved when submitted for Tech Inspection. I do understand however that not all drivers are aware of the mini rules and what to look for on the technical inspection, especially when they are not familiar with the car.

I don't see how the 12 th scale body is even remotely allowed to be run. It and the tyres would have been enough for the car not to even be placed on the track.

As for some of the garbage I have seen regarding lets unsanction mini etc, I really couldn't care less. I really think some need to go to the room of mirrors and have a long hard look at themselves.

If you have constructive thoughts regarding what should be sanctioned/unsanctioned classes then put in a proposal and submit through your delegates to AARCMCC for dispersal to other clubs for voting.

Mini was sanctioned last year, because YOUR clubs voted for its inclusion. If you are not happy with the rules or believe they require amendment then get off your butt and fix it.

My belief is the mini rules are not broken, just people who do not run mini do not get it. I certainly don't want the mini rules to be reverted back to old TCS ideas. This will only make things worse.

My thoughts only.

Apologies for jacking your thread. Glad to hear that most of you had a great Nationals event.

Perhaps we will see the new mini National Champion come and give it too us at the next Nationals event.

BTW,

Congrats to Simon, Miccal and James.

BTW,

Einstein enough of your interpretations. I'm sure you have a theory on everything, just not sure I really want to hear it.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the congrats Calvin, I'll be on the east coast for the Mini Nats, and Doug and I seriously considering running in the 2012 AARCMCC Nationals as well, if the hosting club can match the great weekend put on by WCMRC.

We just have to work out how to dupe airline baggage staff into believing we're top flight athletes attending a sporting event, for a baggage discount....

I should also thank the scrutineering staff as well for their hard work all weekend, I know they bore the brunt of most peoples gripes, and didnt have time for a smoke and a cuppa all day Sunday, so thank you to Chad, Macca, and Marissa for still having a sense of humour at the end of the day.

Thanks again for putting on a great event that exceeded everyones expectations!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:51 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

I would like to thanks all for a great weekend. My driving wasn't the greatest and I apoligies for that I have a great time and hope I didn't get in to many peoples way. The club did a great job and I definately will be back next time. My thanks to Toby and the organising committee, some of the clubs in NSW should take a left out of your book in running a event.
Well done to Jeremy and Ryan for all there hard work in race control and the guys in Scurtineering you guys gave some good ideas to relay back to NSW next year.
Thanks to Tod and Craig for great work in calling the races and running the event. Hope we can meet up next year at the Off National Titles in NSW.

Again thanks and catch you all next time around.

Trevor
Old 11-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Widowmaker

I challenge any 'gun' driver (except you Painy!) to borrow my Nationals winning car and see if they can finish top three at a club meeting straight up, might even put a wager on it and run my spare chassis in the field..

I will take that bet.
Except I am not a "gun" driver.