Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
NEED HELP! CRX Steering >

NEED HELP! CRX Steering

NEED HELP! CRX Steering

Old 10-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I recently bought a CRX and its steering broke as well. Bit and pices of black plastic dropped out from the back of the steering wheel and left the steering bearing partially exposed. And to add up to the problem, I don't know where to get it fixed in my country(Singapore). I emailed Hitec regarding the problem and has yet since received a reply on this matter.
CRX's a nice radio and it is feature packed. But the only problem seems to lie on the broken steering. Though kind of usable, but it feels odd and out of place. Certainly could do some improvement on this weak point.
Can anyone tell me how or where do i get it fixed?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Well I sent mine in, Hitec in CA, and got it back about two weeks ago. It works fine now. I had to tighten up the screw on thw wheel though. It took about twoo weeks total turn around for me, including shipping. Thanks Hitec

Being in Singapore I'm not sure where you should send it, but I am sure one of the Hitec reps on here could tell you.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

mine has done the same thing several times.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I had a steering stop break on my CRX soon after I got it. I was fortunate enough to have a 3D back up radio so I sent the CRX in for warr repair. Hitec just replaced my CRX with a new transmitter that included a nicad pack. Some of you people can slam Hitec products/service if you want but I have had good experiences with Hitec products and service. Thanks Hitec.