Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
Hitec needs your feedback... Please Read! >

Hitec needs your feedback... Please Read!

Hitec needs your feedback... Please Read!

Old 04-14-2002, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Please rate each from 1-10 (10 being the highest)

Model Naming - 10
Sub Trim - 5 (would rather have digital trim)
EXPO - 8
Auto D/R - 2 (never really liked it)
Ch3 mixing - ?? don't know what it is
ABS - 5
Lap timer- 1

Would you sacrifice any features for model naming? If so, which ones? --- ch3 mixing, lap timer
Would you sacrifice any features for more model memory? If so, which ones? --- ch3 mixing, lap timer

This is for a "sport radio"? If you build a "sport" radio with these features, what would you you do for the 3D to make it worth the extra money for a "pro" radio?

I'd also like to see the Spectra dials more easy to access. And if you guys do put model naming in the "new" 3D, it would be VERY nice if those of us that have the current models could have them upgraded with the new features (instead of having to spend more money on another radio). Personally, I think doing things like that to save your customers money is part of excellent customer service.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation More features

While I will usually buy Futaba radios, I have been a fan of Hitec Servos and Receivers. I just have not found the radios with the features I wanted. A big one is Ch3 mixing, which noone else seems to understand how to use.

Model Naming 9
Sub Trim 8
EXPO 7
Auto D/R 7
Ch3 mixing 10
ABS 3 - This just is not fast enough, and is more a psuedo ABS
Lap timer 7

Would you sacrifice any features for model naming? If so, which ones? ABS
Would you sacrifice any features for more model memory? If so, which ones? ABS and Money
Old 04-17-2002, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

GNiessen,
'splain it to us so we can know what it is too.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Post Channel 3 Mixing

Ok Rev,

It allows you to slave the third channel off of the steering channel. For example to adjust trim tabs on a racing boat to the rudder to get more lean into a curve. I for one would like to have more control in this area. Like having throttle position factored in. Then I could use it for rear wheel steering on a Monster truck by having more rear steering under lower speeds, but not having the twitchyness at high speeds.

But radios are really not programmable, just configurable. I can't wait until I can define my mixing routines and load my programs from my home coputer where I could see a graphical represenation of the curves, and test run the adjustments in a simulator.

Maybe next year.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

The 3rd channel is also useful to adjust the fuel mixture on the track. While cars dont use them, I've got a Nova 3.5 with another arm for adjusting the mixture. Its especially helpful with boats so you can rich it out at the top end without dying at the low end. It wouldnt work with cars though because first you would be CONSTANTLY turning that dial, and top speed isnt as crucial as in oval boat racing.