hs-635hb question

Old 11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default hs-635hb question

Hi, the lhs sold me a servo and I did not do my research. I needed a steering servo for my rc10gt they did not tell me and I was not aware until now that the karbonite gear servos were not recommended for nitro cars. The servo works great but of course the gears have stripped twice. Can I buy a gear set for the comparable metal gear servo to the 635hb and swap in that gear set? I know what I'm doing but neglected to do my research so I would still like to use this servo. Any metal gear sets that can be put into this servo? The last time it stripped one or two teeth off 3 gears! I had my servo saver set loose but it still stripped. Any info would be appreciated.

Mark
Old 11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Company Representative

Unfortunantly there are not any metal gears from other servos that will fit in the servo. You would be better to sell the servo you have and pick up something metal geared like a 645, 965, 985.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

ok, thanks for the help. If I buy another gear set I'll have almost as much in gears as the servo cost Lesson learned I guess, just curious but what application is this servo good in as it seems a little fragile to me. And what's the part number for a gear set? The website is a little confusing, it pops up 3 part numbers

Mark

PS Brendan did you ever race at the Hobbytown in San Marcos or Escondido back in the late 90's? I used to run the races there
Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Company Representative

That servo is intended more for sport level aircraft than a car application.

- yes I raced in that area but it wasn't in the 90's. It would have been between 2000 and 2004.