HFP-20

Old 11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? HFP-20

Hey,
I am Joe and I am new to the forum, had a question or two regarding the HFP-20. I purchased the the programmer primarily to set the deadband on a couple of HS 5745MG's I bought to run the steering in my 5th scale car. That was self explanatory and it took longer to read the directions than to set the deadband. So, after that was done I was trying out a couple of the other options available. I noticed that I couldn't get a value on the overload tab. Is that because my servos are not G2? I also noticed that the speed was set to 1...out of a possible 64. Am I misunderstanding the values and assuming that the higher value is faster or is that the delay for the cycle of the travel. Would appreciate your input and thank you in advance for the help.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Company Representative

Only the new 7xxx series servos will have the overload protection function which is why you can't set anything with your servo.
The number to teh left of the : is what the servo is currently set for in terms of speed. A higher number is faster. The number to teh right of the : is what you want to set the servo to so when you have it selected to teh number you want, press the "M" button to store that setting and you will see the number to the left of the: change to what you had selected to the right of the :.