Failsafe

Old 12-26-2002, 01:31 AM
Iceman27

Failsafe

Hi there...

I have a Hitec 5925, 5645. I had recently bought a failsafe for use on my MP7.5 (throttle servo).

When activated (failsafe), both the servos did not hold steady at the set location. Instead, the servos were twitching rather dramatically.

When I tried the same failsafe with a Futaba 9001, all was well. The servo rotated to the set location & held ground like a soldier.

Would anyone care to shed some light on this perculiar situation?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...!!!

Old 12-26-2002, 04:19 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which Failsafe unit is it? What kind of radio gear are you using? And what kind of Rx pack are you using? I'll try and get back to you in a bit. TTYL.

Gary
Old 12-26-2002, 09:31 PM
Iceman27

Dear Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to reply my message.

FYI, my radio system is the Futaba 3PDF. The failsafe in question is the GWS (Grand Wing Servo) FS-2. The receiver pack that I use are Metal Hydride cells. Config is 6V 1300mAH.

Hope the a/m info. is sufficient for you study. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Iceman27

Old 12-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Company Representative

I've looked at the products that you have mentioned, but there really wasn't any info on the FS-2. The only thing that I can figure is that the FS-2 is not compatible with digital servos. The Futaba servo that you mentioned is a analog unit while the Hitecs are digital. It may be that the signal that the FS-2 sends to the servo is fine for a regular, but is too slow for the digital. You may want to check with GWS on the compatiblity of the unit with digital servos. I'll check around some more to see if I can find anything else. TTYL.

Gary
Old 12-27-2002, 02:32 AM
Iceman27

Hi Gary,

You may follow the following URL to get more info. on the GWS FS-2 failsafe unit.

http://rotor.com.sg/gws/

Hope it helps!

Old 12-27-2002, 06:00 AM
Company Representative

I've got a email into GWS about this. As soon as they get back to me I'll let you know. THanks for the link. TTYL.

Gary
Old 12-27-2002, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

I use the Ko Propo failsafe with my 5645 & 5625 servos without any problems. Might want to look at that if you have to change your brand of failsafe.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:24 PM
Iceman27

Hi tekrsq,

Tks. for the info.

Old 12-30-2002, 06:38 AM
Company Representative

Iceman,

Just got a reply from GWS. They say that the FS-2 can not handle the high drain of digital servos and are sorry about that. If you like I can send you the email. TTYL.

Gary