Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

HobbyTown Tucson AZ

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As one of the pan car racers who goes out to Cali to run on carpet, I would be always willing to run on a prepped surface here at home.

As for how it would work out, it's hard to say. Road racing, particularly pan car racing, is a bit like oval in that it can be hard to get up to race speed as an inexperienced racer and lacks some of the novelty of offroad. I also think that touring car would be a bigger draw and I would be more than willing to run that as well.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
Jason at HT has been doing polling on the interest of racers willing to run 1/12 scales on asphalt. not sure what is being planned? if you are interested in doing this or, maybe TC do a shout out via here, FB, or when you drop by HT
They can't afford to print fliers or setup upcoming races for holidays. I doubt they can afford laying down asphalt.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there much for SCT at hobbytown? Checked out the facebook group but didn't get much .. My 5y/o drives novice SCT at hobby action chandler and once in a while we're down in tucson .. wouldn't mind hitting some races for him on different surface. Stinks if the whole novice class is buggies and he's rockin the SCT though lol
Old 07-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cb750CafeRacer
Is there much for SCT at hobbytown? Checked out the facebook group but didn't get much .. My 5y/o drives novice SCT at hobby action chandler and once in a while we're down in tucson .. wouldn't mind hitting some races for him on different surface. Stinks if the whole novice class is buggies and he's rockin the SCT though lol
There are usually several SCT in novice
Old 07-03-2017, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very cool , next chance we get I'll try to hit up a race night
Old 07-05-2017, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regarding the on-road racing mentioned in an earlier posting: If a dedicated track is built I'm sure there would be enough support to keep it alive....growth would depend a lot on how much marketing would be done.

I'm sure it would get the support from a good number of racers in the Phoenix area if racing was done on a Sunday....since we race on Saturdays, Tucson may even draw some racers from Flagstaff.

Just my .02
Old 07-29-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

the asphalt track is appearing to be more heavily considered lately, with a possible Sept target time period...still not firm yet.

the banked oval dirt track has been filling up alot due to the rains, it's also trashed and looks like a gravel track now. work keeping it drained or getting it ready for the 2-3 drivers that may or not use it. the resistance of holding on to the oval is fading
Old 07-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Asphalt would be awesome!
Old 08-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
the asphalt track is appearing to be more heavily considered lately, with a possible Sept target time period...still not firm yet.

the banked oval dirt track has been filling up alot due to the rains, it's also trashed and looks like a gravel track now. work keeping it drained or getting it ready for the 2-3 drivers that may or not use it. the resistance of holding on to the oval is fading
Dirt oval will never be popular without Brad Williams running it.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have become a snowbird over the last few years. Now that my son lives in Tucson, guess where I will be next winter? I plan on bringing RC stuff with me. I have raced just about everything over the last 30 plus years so whatever is there is good.

Keep up the talk so I can know what is going on.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

most popular classes at HT right now is buggy 2wd 17.5, 2wd mod, 13.5 4wd, ST and SC 2wd are run together. SC 2wd and SC 4wd started a massive demise when the high traction carpet went down along with the air launch jumps that parachute them. crosswinds, etc.

due to monsoon, spot rains, weather forecasting being severely unreliable attendance has been rather low. went thru same last year, had flash backs of living in florida. but if it does like last year, hopefully things pick up september and months rolling into winter

not sure what classes will be popular if asphalt goes down, touring, 12th scale, F-1, VTA or USGT perhaps some oval?
Old 08-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

1/12TH, please God 1/12TH.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Jason at HT has asked about you, i told him you are monitoring and commenting via rctech on the asphalt. jason has raced at straightline raceway (touring), and imo will have a understanding what is needed.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have been racing 17.5 buggy on carpet off-road here since April, new experience for me. Otherwise have been an onroad (I/12 and touring) and oval (pan car and dirt) racer for 30 plus years, slot cars for 20 years before that. Visited the HT track a couple years ago before the turf went in, would love to make it part of my winter fun.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
1/12TH, please God 1/12TH.
From the HT facebook page:

Good morning!!
As the anticipation grows for the asphalt😀😁 people have asked or requested certain classes be run, so we thought we should let people know what classes are being asked for the most and if there are any other classes we should consider running on a weekly basis.
The classes that have been asked for the most are as follows:
1- 17.5 1s 1/12th scale
2- 17.5 touring car
3- 21.5 2s F1
4- spec tamiya semi truck
Classes on the fence:
1- VTA
2- Mod tc
3- oval
Is there any other classes that will be a big turnout on race days that we should run? Classes will only be run if there is a turnout of 5 plus entries. We would love your input please.
Thank you and have a great Friday

The one problem area I see could be the requirement of five entries, not sure if there are 5 12th guys in Tucson anymore that would show up each week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.