Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CaseyP
HI BILL!!!

Guys yes having Fear Farm and an owner that is on board with making things better and having the money to burn is a great thing for us AZ racers.

Be careful what you wish for though....That small rock is the repar that holds that dirt together. With all fine powder only it will fall apart more when dry.

When its super wet and is velcro it would be perfect though
Casey. I agree we can not screen it too fine. Goal would be to just get out the plus 1/2" rocks.

When are you coming out?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Carwreck
Hey Casey we are all going to try and race NEXT Saturday it would be Great if you could come up!!!!!! I haven't been lapped by you in a while now
+1 would love to see you soon.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ryan Lutz

Ryan Lutz emailed me this morning. He and his family are moving from California to Litchfield Park. I believe around Feb 7th. Hopefully we will see him out practicing for the DNC on Feb 9th.

Nice to see 1 more top ranked professional racer joining us in Arizona!!!!!!!!

Plus, he is probably one of the nicest and one amazing marshal.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Retired09
Ryan Lutz emailed me this morning. He and his family are moving from California to Litchfield Park. I believe around Feb 7th. Hopefully we will see him out practicing for the DNC on Feb 9th.

+1 one of the nicest people you'll ever meet in the business.

i hear there's some fast guys coming tomorrow. i'll try and stay out of the way

I'd like to take a moment to thank the Fear Farm owners for all of the support. It means so much to all of us. Best track in the country.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the kind words regarding my mic skills. It's similar to what I do for a living, but different. I've had to learn how to use race software as opposed to DJ software. But I love calling the races to give Gary and Kenny a chance to play toy cars like the rest of us. Everyone has been so supportive and positive about my race calling, and seem to like it. I've never been intimidated by another DJ, but listening to Kenny over the years on the mic, he's a tough act to follow. So I'm glad that people aren't throwing tomatoes at me when I'm in the booth.

New rubber and fresh car for tomorrow. With a side of Gas Truck. Bon Appetit!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Awesome about Lutz, he's always great to deal with at races and you can tell that's not an act!!

Chris: You have a natural talent at this stuff! With all the microphone related things you've done, it's not surprising! I appreciate all your accolades, I really do. Many times I try to burn the candle at both ends and with the help I've been getting lately, I think I'll be able to hit the track and hang in the pits more. Thanks for helping me achieve those goals. I'll always treasure the plaque you and the guys got me back for 2008. Thanks to all of you!!

Kenny
Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Retired09

Well, that just sucks (for those that won't get to club race with him up here),

Though I wouldn't or don't blame him for getting out of Cali. I know a few others that have been talking about doing the same thing if they could.

Anyway you guys will be lucky to have such an all around nice guy. Reminds me of one former Pro I also had the pleasure of club racing with off and on for a number of years. There are some others that have the same qualities that Lutz has both off and on the track. Just wish there were a lot more like him/them. Take good care of him down there.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Big thanx to Darrin Hunt for painting this body for me. It has most definitely exceeded my expectations. Well worth the wait and i will never cry about time again. Also great work today both Andy Watts and Ernest for sweeping buggy and truggy mains for Team Red Rock Hobbies Wish I could have joined you guys on the podium. Buggy was dialed today but that damn pipe off the back double busted my front diff case again. I will be doing something about that next week. It's claiming way to many victims.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The pic does that body no justice Joe. I seen you showing it off today and its really nice. Me and Andy had a blast racing today and will be out tomorrow to burn some more fuel. Two flame outs hurt me in the main but qualifying 4th for my first open truggy race was pretty sweet.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very cool to hear. Ill be out next week with the new Agama Truggy to get my butt kicked. If anyone wants to wheel it after the mains just ask.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedRockHobbies
Very cool to hear. Ill be out next week with the new Agama Truggy to get my butt kicked. If anyone wants to wheel it after the mains just ask.
let me break it!

fun day, no doubt. great to see pimp9000, joe that body looks awesome.

i hate to do it, but i think i'm getting a new buggy tonight.

i gotta do it now, or else all the new plastic in the world won't make nitro challenge any better
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Did it break Nasty?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Um... Ya. Twice.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Any one have parts for the gen 3 battery tray for losi or a complete older style tray that is going to fear farm tomorrow that I can buy?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caprezmikeb
Any one have parts for the gen 3 battery tray for losi or a complete older style tray that is going to fear farm tomorrow that I can buy?
I'm pretty sure I have a older tray I could give you but I'm not going. If you live around 83rd ave and deer valley, or are passing on the way to the track I could meet you.

623-293-6231

Last edited by JoePit; 01-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well it sure was fun getting back out there finally. We sure are lucky to have such a fun group of people to race with! Sorry for the sketchy driving, as I was pretty rusty and the track was hard to get used to. The similar terrain with a different layout really showed how much I rely on muscle memory as opposed to just driving. I cant tell you how many times I wanted my car to go the direction of the new track but my fingers sent the truck the way it used to go. Anyhow it was great to see everyone and I can't wait for joey's new layout for nitro challenge!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.