Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Why wouldn't they allow it? It's very rare to see a 1/5 truck running on the 1/5 track these days. Somebody may as well use the track. Plus it look like a blast!
see above:

Originally Posted by aznewcastle
Not just the 1/5th scale all the tracks.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Is Fear Farm really losing all its tracks???
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

That is what the person who ran the trophy kart on the 1/5th scale track said, they said that they were trying to work out a deal with Fear Farm to start a trophy kart rental track, it would require removal of the RC tracks. You got to figure that Fear Farm is going to do whatever will make them the most money and the RC tracks can't be making them anything, in fact they have to be costing them a ton.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Such refreshing dialog on a monday morning. Lol

Aznewcastle: your post is inaccurate. Fear farm has been tremendous in supporting racing here locally with their amazing facility. The track isn't losing money on a weekly basis, which is what your posts implies. I know so many people who enjoy fear Farm weekly and by you being the unofficial spokesperson, they're now questioning their own commitment I'm sure. I hope this facility is around for a long time.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

There was a large initial investment made in the drivers stands, timing tower, electrical work, lighting, etc. Last I heard, week to week they are slowly chipping at the invested sum, so it is not costing them a ton unless the floor falls out lol. Any offer might require paying off the remaining investment since the value would be mostly lost. If Joey has any sort of agreement, verbal or written, for DNC2013 he would be impacted financially and possibly need to be compensated as part of the deal.

I don't see how a track for carts would work in this location. They are very careful about dust from our vehicles while driving to the tracks currently, and looking at videos from other cart tracks it would only be a matter of a couple weekends and DPS or the city would shut it down for blinding drivers on the freeway. You can say water could control this but even during the course of one race the wet surface is scrubbed off and clouds of dust are created. That's assuming there are enough carts on the track, which is a prerequisite for a successful business. In the video it looks like no water was used for dust control so they already look ill-prepared. Now add waaay more track maintenance cost, equipment, water, fuel, licenses, etc. Not easy to start a track like this anywhere that you have dust or water drainage ordinances. Even if all the previously posted info is true, I still don't see this particular option happening unless they go bigtime, clear out another square of farmland and compete with SpeedWorld so they have enough spectators to make the maintenance worthwhile for the city to support the extra income against the dust concerns.

PS I'll try to have some 1/8 buggy videos up later today for those txting me.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dbackmasta: I am just telling you what the guy that ran a trophy kart on fear farm's rc track said, I am not a spokesperson for fear farm official or unofficial.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Oh the drama!
I have been rained out of every Rc day here since I've been back east , just to put things in perspective.

What about 1/8 lay out change rumors?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

True....

When the track crew stops playing in the rain. lol

Enjoy your trip and we'll see you soon Tom!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
True....

When the track crew stops playing in the rain. lol

Enjoy your trip and we'll see you soon Tom!
Any chance one of the layouts could be one I drew up kenny? Also have some fun layouts for the 10th scale if you'd like me to submit them
Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Oh the drama!
I have been rained out of every Rc day here since I've been back east , just to put things in perspective.

What about 1/8 lay out change rumors?
That sucks!

Too late Tom! Its all getting dozed down for trophy kart racing! J/K I'll bet there are more 1:5 scales in Phoenix than trophy karts.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
Such refreshing dialog on a monday morning. Lol

Aznewcastle: your post is inaccurate. Fear farm has been tremendous in supporting racing here locally with their amazing facility. The track isn't losing money on a weekly basis, which is what your posts implies. I know so many people who enjoy fear Farm weekly and by you being the unofficial spokesperson, they're now questioning their own commitment I'm sure. I hope this facility is around for a long time.
So what is the deal Kenny? The info passed on from the trophy cart guy seems a little too specific to be made up and I haven't seen anyone deny it. Did this guy go around you and go straight to FF's owner (I cant remember his name) to work out a deal to undermine the entire RC program at FF?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

It seems specific and is possibly true that he/they PROPOSED a plan to run a kart rental track in the RC space. You or I could go to them and propose anything we want, and if my plan involved removing the RC tracks I wouldn't go through Kenny to make it happen. Doesn't mean they would go for it. There have probably been other proposals floated to the owner, but the tracks remain.

6-30 Qual2 Erik Hames

Some videos of Saturday:
Q1
Q2
Buggy Main, forgot to start recording, switched it on going down the back straight a few minutes into the race.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

They have more than enough room to build another track specifically for these karts. That along with the current RC tracks they have are makings of a nice recreational facility. Closing one down for something that will CERTAINLY not make any money is ludicrous. Travis touched on some very solid points why this could probably never happen. Dust will be a major issue, and the cost for electric and water will go WAY up. To be honest, asides from Kenny, and the guys that volunteer themselves, FF gets no support from the ownership. Why not bring Joey in twice a year for a new layout? That alone will get some new and old blood out to the track. It will pay for itself and then some.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Whatup Joe. We did have Joey twice in the last 12months... Nitro Challenge Warmup in November, and Nitro Challenge 2012 in February. Lawyered.

Brazil, France, Italy... And he's down to slum it in the desert! Don't forget your roots Joey!

Don't forget the RC tracks get support from the owners to put up the cash and space to build the facility and space for us to race, and we're still racing... It's not a lot of incoming money but as part of an overall plan like you said it's a good fit. I don't know how a new layout has historically affected turnout in specific numbers. Maybe Kenny or ObiTodd KenJonas would have that info.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

In the Jun-30 video above, go to 7:50 in the video, Joe is a lucky man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.