Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

So
Much
Fun
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_05_Pro 4_A-Main.pdf (31.2 KB, 96 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoePit
Fun night at the track tonight. Love the way some folks make up rules that I've never heard of. During warming for race 3 heat 1 I flipped my car over on that step up in the back. Pretty sure it was the dude who works in that Hobby Shop on on 99th and Peoria, but he hit coming over it and proceeds to scream out that I should have yelled out that I was flipped over or he would intentionally break my car next time.

Other than that I had a blast tonight. Kenny really goes out of his way for us out there. He runs a good show, and I really appreciate it.
YES that was Myself and YES I did say that because of YOUR comment after I said next time yell out that you are upside down!!! I am NOT hard to find at all. As for WHERE I work it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what was said!!! Other than that I wont say anything else on a Keyboard!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Popcorn anybody
Old 04-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well looks like not everyone had fun :/ . I had great time until I flamed out :/ damn tank, to sensitive to overfill lmao . I learned I need to go back to tlr tho
Old 04-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Easy guys there is far too much drama going on in the AZ electric scene. Let's not make it any worse. Bottom line to the new guys, please help out the other racers in case of a crash in a tough section. All of these guys that race out here will help anybody out with any beginners to make the teething stage go by faster and easier. Don't be afraid to ask. Also Kenny has been doing this a long time as well, he can help you with any of the etiquette kind of questions that you might have.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Well looks like not everyone had fun :/ . I had great time until I flamed out :/ damn tank, to sensitive to overfill lmao . I learned I need to go back to tlr tho
You know where you belong. You are like the TLR prodigal son Let me know if you need any help bud.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Should always yell out your position after jumps and straights if your cars are upside down or won't move anymore.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vareck
YES that was Myself and YES I did say that because of YOUR comment after I said next time yell out that you are upside down!!! I am NOT hard to find at all. As for WHERE I work it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what was said!!! Other than that I wont say anything else on a Keyboard!!!
Over-da-fence
Old 04-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP
You know where you belong. You are like the TLR prodigal son Let me know if you need any help bud.
He never learns does he Casey? Let's set him up with a Redcat and ship him off to Yuma.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
He never learns does he Casey? Let's set him up with a Redcat and ship him off to Yuma.
LOL. It too hot out there man

FYI jason and I posted a few short vids on FB of the CV layout. It's pretty sweet
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i had a blast last night. rd 1 qualifier with a bee under my eyglasses, crawling on my eyeball, eventually parked on top of my head...i'll be looking for a bee for my head from now on, and don't care if i get stung! that was a great ride.

as for the main, a damned 29 cent lock nut gave way, and so did my front end at about 5 minutes in. very frustrating.

as for drama, who cares? we take care of it. as for non nitro guys who cry about nitro drama when they aren't in it....maybe they need a new hobby. might i suggest NITRO? yea, i know, it isn't plug and play...there's other stuff you gotta learn, so that's not easy. you have to yell a lot, and even a phrase like, "pass the salt, please." sounds like you're screaming at someone. that's because you have to yell it over 14 screaming engines. ever been to nascar? not that loud, but you get the idea. very realistic.

have you noticed hendrick motorsports testing the new electric sprint cup cars for 2016? i hadn't either. that's because they are gonna be using FUEL and ENGINES not motors. Yeah, i'm guilty of talking about my 'motor' when, in fact, i have an engine. but there's a difference. most of us are hustling to get engines tuned, and tires washed, etc to go over and pay attention to the 10th scale drama. that's your drama, and i elect to stay the hell out of it. especially since it has little to do with me

everybody has a right to their opinion, and the right to bitch. this is a FORUM. if you don't know the definition of online forum, look that up on wikipedia before you start talking about 'all the drama' when you weren't there, didn't actually see any of it, and don't even race nitro or marshal it anyway. nitro 8th scale is big and noisy, and definitely the more 'hardcore' segment of the hobby. it does NOT mean that we don't like new guys, or look down on what you do with your rc world if it isn't what we do with ours. nobody wants to plow into anybody else when they are on their lid. one or both cars are gonna be messed up, and there's the time factor.

it takes a tremendous amount of time and set up to get an 8th scale car ready to go 20 or 40 minutes and be at its best. i put about 10 hours in before i hit the track, for just one buggy. that's a little extreme, and it still didn't make it last night but i'd hate to waste MY time and YOUR time as well as $$$ because one of us didn't say, 'WATCH THE STRAIGHT'

super fun night as far as i'm concerned. i really enjoyed calling the pro buggy races
Old 04-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Except for Big Nasty... Since he's twice the size, he has to yell "8"!
bwahahahaha!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
You have never raced in expert before. Not saying this in a bad way just saying the longer you race the more perception you will have. You can ask Casey - Wheeler and even Billy. When you are racing with guys who are faster than you you tend to be respectable to there racing also. When you flip over in some odd spot the last thing you want to do is break your car or there's. That respect goes a long way.
This pretty much confirms what I was trying to say. It was a novice race, and we DON'T know all the rules yet. I'm a guy that pays attention, and respects everyone elses equipment. Which is why i immediately offered to pay for Clay's car after I hit him last week. Even if I yelled out chances are it would have fell on deaf ears. Between the noise and focusing on what you're doing out there, it's hard to hear anything. Not to mention he was 20' away from me.

Maybe new guys should get a little sheet with some basic track etiquette rules to at the very least have something to go by. I purposely attended races just to watch before jumping into it just so that I had a basic idea of what's going on. All in all i guess it's like being a freshman. We have to take a little flack when we mess up until we are ready to play with the big boys.

On a side note if I get wrecked intentionally with intentions to do physical damage to my ride, the next time my car hits the track it will be like a guided missile The throwing of car over the fence thing must have been a site to see
Old 04-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Priceless
Old 04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

where is novice?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.