Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 PM
  #2101  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
mrbirchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 101
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
every track has done that. the cost is just rising to keep them maintained, eventually i bet FF goes away with loaned Transponders too. if you race its best to buy one. you can save a little dough and buy a mrt transonder they work fine with amb and only 80 bucks
Yep I got an MRT for 80 from Stormer Hobbies since I primarily race at SRS. Haven't had a single problem with it on the AMB system.
mrbirchum is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
  #2102  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
BigNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: About 2 laps down...
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

hey Trevor, are you gonna get one of those big bastards? I never wound up getting a truggy, maybe i'll skip that step and go right to 5th scale.....
BigNasty is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 PM
  #2103  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
nadan805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHX
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Alright last set of questions... What time tomarrow (SAT) is practice? I mean what time will the 1/8 track be watered and ready to go? Also, where do I pay?
nadan805 is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
  #2104  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
mrbirchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 101
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nadan805 View Post
Alright last set of questions... What time tomarrow (SAT) is practice? I mean what time will the 1/8 track be watered and ready to go? Also, where do I pay?
In my experience, they open up the track at 10a, and racing starts at noon. I've always paid at the track, at the top of the driver's stand where the computers and transponders are set up. One other tip, there are about 50,000 people playing soccer there too, and they charge $5 for parking. Tell the attendants you are going to the track, and they'll let you go for free.

Have fun!
mrbirchum is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
  #2105  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
nadan805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHX
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mrbirchum View Post
In my experience, they open up the track at 10a, and racing starts at noon. I've always paid at the track, at the top of the driver's stand where the computers and transponders are set up. One other tip, there are about 50,000 people playing soccer there too, and they charge $5 for parking. Tell the attendants you are going to the track, and they'll let you go for free.

Have fun!
Will do.. Thanks man
nadan805 is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 09:13 AM
  #2106  
Tech Champion
 
stavman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Peoria AZ
Posts: 5,333
Default

Originally Posted by mrbirchum View Post
Yep I got an MRT for 80 from Stormer Hobbies since I primarily race at SRS. Haven't had a single problem with it on the AMB system.
We have them at One Hobbies
stavman is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 AM
  #2107  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
mrbirchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 101
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stavman View Post
We have them at One Hobbies
Oh, that's good to know, I didn't think any local shops had them.
mrbirchum is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 10:59 AM
  #2108  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (25)
 
The Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Surprise, Az
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Is there any guesstimate as to when the lights will be in and night racing will start?
The Juice is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 05:24 PM
  #2109  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
nadan805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHX
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Fun day at the track today with the E Truggy. One of my bullet connecters broke so I only got 1 min into my 5s pack. Still got about 30 min of track time in. When I got home, I also noticed that the set screw on my front driveshaft fell off. I wonder how long I was driving w/ RWD only... Oh well. I probably didn't notice right away because i'm used to driving my ST.
nadan805 is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 08:46 PM
  #2110  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Litchfield park, AZ
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I have been to this track a couple times with my boys but I fear I may be breaking the rules. Can you just go in there and play on the track when no one is there? I don't work a lot during the week and in the mornings sometimes there are planes going but lately i haven't seen anyone. Please tell me I'm not breaking the rules!
jrowles91 is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 07:52 AM
  #2111  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
nadan805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHX
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

During week days you're supposed to pay $10 for practice. I believe you pay the ppl in the "office" trailer that is near 99th Ave. No Water or power.

I think.
nadan805 is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 12:01 PM
  #2112  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
Slimsh8t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,127
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nadan805 View Post
During week days you're supposed to pay $10 for practice. I believe you pay the ppl in the "office" trailer that is near 99th Ave. No Water or power.

I think.
That would be true.
Slimsh8t is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 09:53 PM
  #2113  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 564
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
hey Trevor, are you gonna get one of those big bastards? I never wound up getting a truggy, maybe i'll skip that step and go right to 5th scale.....
If I ever get my work schedule fixed I just might. Until then I'll just be happy if I can get my 1/8 off the shelf once in a while.
Shocker is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 AM
  #2114  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
CRFXXXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,620
Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
Until then I'll just be happy if I can get my 1/8 off the shelf once in a while.
Ya me to...
CRFXXXT is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
  #2115  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Default entrance

where is the entrace to get to the track?..all ive seen is a dirt path on 99th ave that looks like a canal path and sign saying event parking...looks like u need a truck to get in there
az-sc10 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.