Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chongo
Hi all
I'm in town from Calgary Alberta Canada and tried to stop by today around 5pm to see your track, but I couldn't find it.......LOL
I saw the farm equipment and amusement stands off N 99, but could find any entrance......

Is anything happening this week?

i tried looking at there site but it looks like they havent updated there calender.

but i know for sure The Nitro Pit is racing this friday gates open at 10, race starts at 12, its off of happy valley and grand. Its roughly 20 min from fear farm.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Hi all
I'm in town from Calgary Alberta Canada and tried to stop by today around 5pm to see your track, but I couldn't find it.......LOL
I saw the farm equipment and amusement stands off N 99, but could find any entrance......

What car(s) did you bring down? There is also a big BBQ/race at SRS on Saturday, BBQ gets fired up at noon and racing starts at 4.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all

If your on 99th ave heading north...go right (east) on Thomas. You will then see a dirt road along the side of the street on the right side...get on that dirt road and follow it around until you run into the track. I dont THINK anything is going on there until maybe new years day.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
If your on 99th ave heading north...go right (east) on Thomas. You will then see a dirt road along the side of the street on the right side...get on that dirt road and follow it around until you run into the track. I dont THINK anything is going on there until maybe new years day.
Yup that's the route I drove and I saw that dirt road next to the freeway, but didn't go down it.
Sadly I brought nothing with me as I leave Saturday Morning. I did email the pit and knew they were running Friday before I left, I will stop by.
I also dropped by SRS, of course closed on Mondays.
I will try to see the farm track again.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you get lost in the area shoot me a PM, I will gladly show you how to get there...I live about 6-7 mins away.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Psf
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Is this track open during the week for practice?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
If you get lost in the area shoot me a PM, I will gladly show you how to get there...I live about 6-7 mins away.
No need, I went out there today. Sadly you guys won't be racing for a while after last nights rain, the track(s) is under water.
Sorry for my foot prints in pit lane and where ever else they might be....
No I'm not stupid enough to walk on the track surface. I've yelled at too many people for doing that on our track.....

Wish it was dry and I had my 8B with me, because that track looks like fun!!!!

Oh yah, front wheel drive ford focus in your water pooled Arizona clay make for very poor traction on the entrance road..........
Good thing I'm use to driving in deep snow or I may have had to call in a tow truck...

Thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

LOL. You happen to visit during the rare occasion we get rain, go figure.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Newish

Hi-
Just moved to AZ and have been seeing this track on my down the 101 a few times. Looked on the FF site for classes (modified 2wd,etc) and only saw generalized class descriptions. Is there a 4wd electric 1/10th class? Last time I raced that class was all but gone and no one made cars for it (it's been a while). Also , off topic, are there any on-road courses/tracks on this side of town?
Thanks for your time in advance...

-seed
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seeds
Hi-
Just moved to AZ and have been seeing this track on my down the 101 a few times. Looked on the FF site for classes (modified 2wd,etc) and only saw generalized class descriptions. Is there a 4wd electric 1/10th class? Last time I raced that class was all but gone and no one made cars for it (it's been a while). Also , off topic, are there any on-road courses/tracks on this side of town?
Thanks for your time in advance...

-seed
It really depends on how many people show up with 4wd buggies. Lately it seems every couple weeks we have a couple/few people show up with them. It seems that every time I forget to bring mine out is when everyone else shows up with them. I'm going to start bringing it out every time just to have it if others show up.

I don't know of any on-road courses in town period any more. SRS used to run on-road but for whatever reasons stopped and turned it into a flat oval that I'm not even sure they run any more.

Hope to see you out there whatever you run!

-jake
Old 01-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Hasn't been any on-road at SRS in months. However, im trying to it get started back up again. Hobbytown in Gilbert does on-road oval and TC. And about 4wd buggy, i would bring mine but its a work of art and with the track being so rough and there not being a hobby store close enough to get to between heats im hesitant to run it out there.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

work of art? whats the point of having it if you wont run it? lol.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Ever owned one? They are one of the more fragile cars. Not like bashing up a Blitz or an SC10. I race it at smoother tracks.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

so like i said, with the nearest hobby store being like 20 minutes away it makes it hard to run a less forgiving car on rough track/
Old 01-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

its a relief to finish the whole race. lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.