Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Show one post you ever made that was in support of anything on-road, I'll bet you cannot.
What for?
Old 11-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
What for?
Thank you for proving my point. Sorry for sending this thread off course guys, just remember that if SRS does start an on-road program Randy will be on every thread doing his best to put it down; he's just that kind of person.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thank you for proving my point. Sorry for sending this thread off course guys, just remember that if SRS does start an on-road program Randy will be on every thread doing his best to put it down; he's just that kind of person.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

there has been more activity in this thread in the last 24 hours than in the last 24 days..... can someone post the dates for the state race since owners/employees don't want to promote their event? New job and a fixed eye so I'm coming out of retirement.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's funny how most people will complain and criticize something, mostly due to their own ignorance or fear of failure....and not from a position of experience and knowledge.....then there are some that just love to watch others fail.

Just think how big off-road RC racing would be if they could eliminate traction roll, not to mention making the track less like moto-x tracks with rediculously huge jumps. Can't see where the fun is in watching your Off-road car/truck crashing to the ground from 6-8 feet high.....only to get landed on by the guy behind you. Even this asphalt junkie would race off-road with some simple changes in the track designs.

(some of the quotes you put up are quite revealing, surely says a lot about the person.)
Old 11-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Old 11-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Thanks for posting, $50 to enter put me back into retirement.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Prophet

How much was states last year Lance? I forget.

Actually, I just looked atr FB and found last years flier......It was $20...wow, 250% the cost this year.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh come on, how much should a few DAYS of racing cost?

I know it says that ROAR rules will be enforced, but they all say that. Will there really be a weight check, motor tech, and battery voltage check?
Old 11-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Prophet

I was told the d3.5 would not be allowed, since it is no longer roar legal. If the friday practice is included, that is not bad. Last year, they sold a bunch or tires. Since the track has no real tire ware with clay slicks (only foam ware), I suspect a lot less tires will be sold. Also, 3 rounds of qualifying and a main, is only 1 more qual than club racing. So this "days" of racing you speak of will mostly be sitting around watching, lol.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

WOW!!! couple busy days at work and this Thread blows up. " I love it "

yup think that SRS could have a much larger turnout with onroad so why not work to make that the best it can be.

W3 is dominating in off road, SRS can barely fill out 5 races on sunday which makes for 3 heats and a main but i would much rather have large crowd.

I Truly think that moving the off road outside and running a world class indoor onroad would really bump attendance at the track. hobby town in gilbert will run 20 plus races on saturdays and they are in a freakin parking lot run a billy bad a$$ on road with some carpet and yeah you are going to draw a crowd than you just gotta build it and keep it.

Either way i hope there is enough to keep both tracks going and will try to support both in any way.

on the point iof race fees for the larger races i do think they are getting quite high and would hope that the track would take heed of that but i will also say that when the track was outdoors the hobby shop would sell many many many more tires and parts i am running on the same set of tires for going on 4 months and they are still hooking up great, and when we ran out doors i had at least 2 sets for each entry and sometimes a 3rd so 1 set of tires and entry fee is probably still lower cost for the weekend than on sugar.

later guys , yell loud for indoor on road and maybe we will get it remember your buggys and sct can run onroad as well we used to do it all the time it is a whole different set of challenges is all
Old 11-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jslider
yup think that SRS could have a much larger turnout with onroad so why not work to make that the best it can be.

W3 is dominating in off road, SRS can barely fill out 5 races on sunday which makes for 3 heats and a main but i would much rather have large crowd.

I Truly think that moving the off road outside and running a world class indoor onroad would really bump attendance at the track. hobby town in gilbert will run 20 plus races on saturdays and they are in a freakin parking lot run a billy bad a$$ on road with some carpet and yeah you are going to draw a crowd than you just gotta build it and keep it.

Either way i hope there is enough to keep both tracks going and will try to support both in any way.

later guys , yell loud for indoor on road and maybe we will get it remember your buggys and sct can run onroad as well we used to do it all the time it is a whole different set of challenges is all
Well put, thanks for your support.

If HTG runs on Saturdays and if SRS would run on Sundays on-road racing would do nothing but grow. And with adding a Wednesday event, and a 'test & tune' day for on-road would be awesome.

With all the off-road tracks in town I'm surprised anyone would even consider building another off-road track.

I would gladly support both tracks, as I'm sure many on-road racers would.

Build a fast track (right) and we will come!!!

Old 11-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Oh come on, how much should a few DAYS of racing cost?

I know it says that ROAR rules will be enforced, but they all say that. Will there really be a weight check, motor tech, and battery voltage check?
How much 'should' it cost is a great question. I can tell you how much it would cost me for the three days, $60 for gas/$70 entry fees for the kid and I to race so $130 if we don't eat or drink anything for the three days. If I ran a second class to break up the all day ass sitting throw on another $30 so now we're at $160 without food/drink. I could skip Friday and save $20 in gas and lower it to $140 but add in $20 per day for food/drink so we're at $180. I'll be surprised if there are less than 400 entries.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Sweet. SRS is hooked up to LiveRC now. Tonight's results are posted. I blew out in the buggy main, meh. A friend let me run his 2sct in the main, LOL. I was trying to help him get the truck sorted out. We put a faster servo in it, and it was better, but he has a very noticeable delay in steering. Maybe next time we will bind up my radio, to see if it is his fly sky radio. Nothing like turn left and actually mentally waiting for the wheels to go left. Super hard to drive. No racing next Sunday. After racing Friday the track is being tore out and a new layout is going in for states. They are shooting to open up racing on Tuesday Night.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

2 mos later. Think I'm gonna faint. Should be there soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.