Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
SRS needs the go cart track to do well. No mater how many club racers show up, if the cart track fails it all fails. But, I sense there is some sort of boycott going on. Many of the Phoenix racers are avoiding SRS and I can only guess why. And it is not because W3 is all that. W3 is nice, but it is no miles better. I would think racers would flock to traction that it high and tire life is forever. So my guess is...politics. Ever since SRS started their Friday series, I sense there has been a rebellion from some people
And this is how rumors start. I have not raced at the new SRS, why? Because my budget dictates racing once a week. And I so choose to give Jim my money because 3+ years ago he made RC fun for me again after a 5 year break from the toy car drama. And if my budget dictates racing once a week, that is where I am spending it. Has nothing to do with any boycotting or anything of the like. I would never tell anyone to not go there or any of that jazz. In fact i have told folks to check it out as well if you're racing or doing up karts.

All in all, i hope both tracks make it, and really wish that both could work together on race nights and events and what not.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azdakota97
And this is how rumors start. I have not raced at the new SRS, why? Because my budget dictates racing once a week. And I so choose to give Jim my money because 3+ years ago he made RC fun for me again after a 5 year break from the toy car drama. And if my budget dictates racing once a week, that is where I am spending it. Has nothing to do with any boycotting or anything of the like. I would never tell anyone to not go there or any of that jazz. In fact i have told folks to check it out as well if you're racing or doing up karts.

All in all, i hope both tracks make it, and really wish that both could work together on race nights and events and what not.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, new to Arizona looking to start racing at SRS next weekend.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

States is next weekend at srs
Old 11-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

What happened to racing on Thanksgiving? Not enough people show up? Not on LIVERC....
Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How did states go?
Old 11-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Some people actually have plans on Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team G Racing
Some people actually have plans on Thanksgiving.
Hey bro i have been suspended before so I will refrain enough said
Old 11-28-2014, 07:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Hey bro i have been suspended before so I will refrain enough said
Excellent idea
Old 12-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanksgiving racing did happen at SRS. honestly I thought it was a dumb idea at first but after dinner (most people eat early) Pie, and dishes were done we (my family from California) were sitting around about 6:00 and saying what do we do now? Long story short I went out there and raced and brought them along. It was actually their suggestion. It was a good opportunity for them to see what I do and what they see me post about and follow on FB all the time. There were 6 heats, as many as a lot of regular weeknights but not so many that it was terribly boring for them. I'm glad I went.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Smile

Starting to get some early Cactus prep work done,

Mainly just making sure I have some fresh motors and batts, plus making a few sets of slicks (mainly for the wheeler, as no one but Panther offers 4wd fronts in slicks, maybe jConcepts will have those out too before the Cactus). Haven't ever had to make up some slicks, makes a pretty good mess. LOL. Plus looking around for hotel prices, still some good deals out there to be had.

Hoping that racing is doing well there, won't be long before the circus known as the Cactus returns to town.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

Mainly just making sure I have some fresh motors and batts, plus making a few sets of slicks (mainly for the wheeler, as no one but Panther offers 4wd fronts in slicks, maybe jConcepts will have those out too before the Cactus). Haven't ever had to make up some slicks, makes a pretty good mess. LOL. Plus looking around for hotel prices, still some good deals out there to be had.

Hoping that racing is doing well there, won't be long before the circus known as the Cactus returns to town.
http://www.panthertires.com/store/in...&product_id=62

Panther states you can use there slicks on 4wd fronts. I use them on my d413. Seems to glue up and run fine.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vulcanbomber
http://www.panthertires.com/store/in...&product_id=62

Panther states you can use there slicks on 4wd fronts. I use them on my d413. Seems to glue up and run fine.
correct me if Im wrong (i could be) but don't the rules state that 4wd buggies cannot use the narrower 2wd fronts? I did see panther markets them as 2wd/4wd fronts but wouldn't this be illegal in a big race like cactus? Also FYI on the jconcepts thread they have said 4wd front slicks will be going out in the next shipment.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

looks like JC is releasing 4wd smoothies soon
Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

we booked at Extened Stays Metro, quite cheap, less than $50 per night and about 4 miles from the track. we stayed there last years, its nothing flash, but plenty big enough and clean.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.