Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:28 PM
  #8821  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
azdakota97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 344
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
SRS needs the go cart track to do well. No mater how many club racers show up, if the cart track fails it all fails. But, I sense there is some sort of boycott going on. Many of the Phoenix racers are avoiding SRS and I can only guess why. And it is not because W3 is all that. W3 is nice, but it is no miles better. I would think racers would flock to traction that it high and tire life is forever. So my guess is...politics. Ever since SRS started their Friday series, I sense there has been a rebellion from some people
And this is how rumors start. I have not raced at the new SRS, why? Because my budget dictates racing once a week. And I so choose to give Jim my money because 3+ years ago he made RC fun for me again after a 5 year break from the toy car drama. And if my budget dictates racing once a week, that is where I am spending it. Has nothing to do with any boycotting or anything of the like. I would never tell anyone to not go there or any of that jazz. In fact i have told folks to check it out as well if you're racing or doing up karts.

All in all, i hope both tracks make it, and really wish that both could work together on race nights and events and what not.
azdakota97 is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 11:35 PM
  #8822  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by azdakota97
And this is how rumors start. I have not raced at the new SRS, why? Because my budget dictates racing once a week. And I so choose to give Jim my money because 3+ years ago he made RC fun for me again after a 5 year break from the toy car drama. And if my budget dictates racing once a week, that is where I am spending it. Has nothing to do with any boycotting or anything of the like. I would never tell anyone to not go there or any of that jazz. In fact i have told folks to check it out as well if you're racing or doing up karts.

All in all, i hope both tracks make it, and really wish that both could work together on race nights and events and what not.
Couldn't have said it better.
scythe23 is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 11:17 AM
  #8823  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, new to Arizona looking to start racing at SRS next weekend.
Tyriddler is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 06:12 PM
  #8824  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (84)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,388
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

States is next weekend at srs
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Old 11-27-2014, 05:59 PM
  #8825  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,474
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What happened to racing on Thanksgiving? Not enough people show up? Not on LIVERC....
Bubonic-X is offline  
Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 PM
  #8826  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 4,145
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

How did states go?
DesertRat is offline  
Old 11-27-2014, 07:50 PM
  #8827  
Suspended
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Some people actually have plans on Thanksgiving.
Team G Racing is offline  
Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 PM
  #8828  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,474
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Team G Racing
Some people actually have plans on Thanksgiving.
Hey bro i have been suspended before so I will refrain enough said
Bubonic-X is offline  
Old 11-28-2014, 07:21 AM
  #8829  
Suspended
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Hey bro i have been suspended before so I will refrain enough said
Excellent idea
Team G Racing is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 10:59 AM
  #8830  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
THE DAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanksgiving racing did happen at SRS. honestly I thought it was a dumb idea at first but after dinner (most people eat early) Pie, and dishes were done we (my family from California) were sitting around about 6:00 and saying what do we do now? Long story short I went out there and raced and brought them along. It was actually their suggestion. It was a good opportunity for them to see what I do and what they see me post about and follow on FB all the time. There were 6 heats, as many as a lot of regular weeknights but not so many that it was terribly boring for them. I'm glad I went.
THE DAD is offline  
Old 12-02-2014, 09:55 PM
  #8831  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,228
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Smile

Starting to get some early Cactus prep work done,

Mainly just making sure I have some fresh motors and batts, plus making a few sets of slicks (mainly for the wheeler, as no one but Panther offers 4wd fronts in slicks, maybe jConcepts will have those out too before the Cactus). Haven't ever had to make up some slicks, makes a pretty good mess. LOL. Plus looking around for hotel prices, still some good deals out there to be had.

Hoping that racing is doing well there, won't be long before the circus known as the Cactus returns to town.
Teufel Racing is offline  
Old 12-03-2014, 08:08 AM
  #8832  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (56)
 
vulcanbomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 395
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Starting to get some early Cactus prep work done,

Mainly just making sure I have some fresh motors and batts, plus making a few sets of slicks (mainly for the wheeler, as no one but Panther offers 4wd fronts in slicks, maybe jConcepts will have those out too before the Cactus). Haven't ever had to make up some slicks, makes a pretty good mess. LOL. Plus looking around for hotel prices, still some good deals out there to be had.

Hoping that racing is doing well there, won't be long before the circus known as the Cactus returns to town.
http://www.panthertires.com/store/in...&product_id=62

Panther states you can use there slicks on 4wd fronts. I use them on my d413. Seems to glue up and run fine.
vulcanbomber is offline  
Old 12-03-2014, 08:21 AM
  #8833  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vulcanbomber
http://www.panthertires.com/store/in...&product_id=62

Panther states you can use there slicks on 4wd fronts. I use them on my d413. Seems to glue up and run fine.
correct me if Im wrong (i could be) but don't the rules state that 4wd buggies cannot use the narrower 2wd fronts? I did see panther markets them as 2wd/4wd fronts but wouldn't this be illegal in a big race like cactus? Also FYI on the jconcepts thread they have said 4wd front slicks will be going out in the next shipment.
scythe23 is offline  
Old 12-03-2014, 08:35 AM
  #8834  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (84)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,388
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Starting to get some early Cactus prep work done,

Mainly just making sure I have some fresh motors and batts, plus making a few sets of slicks (mainly for the wheeler, as no one but Panther offers 4wd fronts in slicks, maybe jConcepts will have those out too before the Cactus). Haven't ever had to make up some slicks, makes a pretty good mess. LOL. Plus looking around for hotel prices, still some good deals out there to be had.

Hoping that racing is doing well there, won't be long before the circus known as the Cactus returns to town.
looks like JC is releasing 4wd smoothies soon
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 PM
  #8835  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
john watkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tullamarine, Aus
Posts: 2,371
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Starting to get some early Cactus prep work done,

Mainly just making sure I have some fresh motors and batts, plus making a few sets of slicks (mainly for the wheeler, as no one but Panther offers 4wd fronts in slicks, maybe jConcepts will have those out too before the Cactus). Haven't ever had to make up some slicks, makes a pretty good mess. LOL. Plus looking around for hotel prices, still some good deals out there to be had.

Hoping that racing is doing well there, won't be long before the circus known as the Cactus returns to town.
we booked at Extened Stays Metro, quite cheap, less than $50 per night and about 4 miles from the track. we stayed there last years, its nothing flash, but plenty big enough and clean.
john watkins is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.