Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those that have had to deal with Novak, Do they:

1. Quickly replace the failed product (Here you go sir, sorry for the inconvience we will have a replacement to you by the end of the week)

or do they...

2. Hymn and Ha, Take six weeks, make you pay for repairs & shipping ( Well sir, you must have hooked it up wrong...)

My LRP Sphere Competition is 3 years old and has been flawless but In order to have a prayer of being competitive in 13.5 Buggy I will need something more updated with timing advance. And Novack seems to have the best ESC but I am seeing a high failure rate.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by THE DAD
For those that have had to deal with Novak, Do they:

1. Quickly replace the failed product (Here you go sir, sorry for the inconvience we will have a replacement to you by the end of the week)

or do they...

2. Hymn and Ha, Take six weeks, make you pay for repairs & shipping ( Well sir, you must have hooked it up wrong...)

My LRP Sphere Competition is 3 years old and has been flawless but In order to have a prayer of being competitive in 13.5 Buggy I will need something more updated with timing advance. And Novack seems to have the best ESC but I am seeing a high failure rate.
Will let you know when mine comes back. I sent it in yesterday morning (1/11/11) to the warranty department. I only actually had it since the 7th. I have nothing bad to say about the esc except for its reliability. It definitely makes the power as I ran a SXX TC spec in the buggy before but you really have to gear it up to keep up.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hows the Castle Creations stuff? Does anyone make a reliable ESC and motor? I'm thinking about the new Durango SC truck but if there is not reliable gear for it I may just pass.
I'd avoid Castle stuff. ( been there, done that ) Get a Novak Kinetic and Novak Ballistic and then come see me at the track and I'll make you ( your car at least ) fast. My Novak gear works great and my cars are by no means slow.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Novak Reliability....

1. If 100 people run novak and only 2 run Brand x .. Which one will have the most problems.....
2. If 100 people ran lrp And only 2 ran Novak then what.. ...

But either way ... If a Novak does Blow up they will bend over backwards to take care of it... The problem is supposedly in the old software or firmware Not sure.. But that is what I have heard.. And I am pretty sure they will fix the problem... I have ran mine since they were released and had zero problems.. Jake has ran his with no Problems.. Randy Loken hasnt had any issues.. There are many choices out there so pic one and race... If you want to go fast Buy a Kinetic and come race..

And I am there for any help needee with Novak Products.

Now who is up for some Buggy Racin Tonight...
Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Humpty
Novak Reliability....

1. If 100 people run novak and only 2 run Brand x .. Which one will have the most problems.....
2. If 100 people ran lrp And only 2 ran Novak then what.. ...

But either way ... If a Novak does Blow up they will bend over backwards to take care of it... The problem is supposedly in the old software or firmware Not sure.. But that is what I have heard.. And I am pretty sure they will fix the problem... I have ran mine since they were released and had zero problems.. Jake has ran his with no Problems.. Randy Loken hasnt had any issues.. There are many choices out there so pic one and race... If you want to go fast Buy a Kinetic and come race..

And I am there for any help needee with Novak Products.

I have 3 LRPs and on each of them my car stopped on the track and then went again after picking up the car and dropping it. Open up each esc and they have parts that some how detached from the circuit board.

I had 3 Tekin rs pros and 1 smoked after 2 or 3 runs on the bench when setting the slipper.
The Tekins seemed to be soft or dead from 1% to 30% throttle and then kick in which made the car tough to drive. This issue may have been fixed with the latest firmware though.

I had 2 Castles that responded slow and one smoked after 5-6 runs.

I currently have 4 Kinetics that run great. The only issue I had with one of them was lack of brakes which turned out to be my settings being off when I was playing with and learning what each setting did.

Any questions?

Last edited by PFKAOG; 01-12-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Humpty
Me and my S L O W Sphere competition will be there....
Old 01-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Dad,
I have 2 and have not had one smoke on me. I had a Brain Board go bad on me but they sent those out to me within a week. Once they sent it to me to replace myself and the next one i sent in because they wanted to see it. pain in the butt yes but it worth it. Plus Daddy is there to help with the programming.

LT.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Novak is a GREAT product. I have a Novak Havoc Pro, it had a software issue when I first bought it, I sent it in and it's been perfect ever since. I have not ran any other esc, however, being at the track you hear who runs what, what works, what doesn't and how good/bad it works, etc.

IMO, it also has to do with how you maintain your equipment....
Old 01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tofuburger
Dad,
I have 2 and have not had one smoke on me. I had a Brain Board go bad on me but they sent those out to me within a week. Once they sent it to me to replace myself and the next one i sent in because they wanted to see it. pain in the butt yes but it worth it. Plus Daddy is there to help with the programming.

LT.
Who's your Daddy?
Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

okay its Jackie's and Tim's daddy.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:49 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

SRS Update-

2011 Cactus Classic class Info has been posted. We will be adding more info all week so please check back. Here is the link-

http://www.scottsdalercspeedway.com/...tusClassic.asp
Old 01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KMR
SRS Update-

2011 Cactus Classic class Info has been posted. We will be adding more info all week so please check back. Here is the link-

Bring back Old Dude!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR
SRS Update-

YAY!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Cactus Classic

No 4wd Stock Buggy class?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR
SRS Update-

I like it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.