Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:56 AM
  #5266  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone still run stock 2wd electric truck? It looks like stock 2wd buggy is coming back, which I'm glad to hear (read). My daughter drives truck though and I want to bring her out for some racing.

Last edited by Jeckler; 01-13-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Jeckler is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
  #5267  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by THE DAD
Bring back Old Dude!!!

How old ya gotta be for that class?
Gitsum is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
  #5268  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jeckler
Does anyone still run stock 2wd electric truck? It looks like stock 2wd buggy is coming back, which I'm glad to hear (read). My daughter drives truck though and I want to bring her out for some racing.
I am sure if you bring her out you won't be turned away...
Gitsum is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM
  #5269  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
THE DAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jeckler
Does anyone still run stock 2wd electric truck? It looks like stock 2wd buggy is coming back, which I'm glad to hear (read). My daughter drives truck though and I want to bring her out for some racing.
There is a Novice class that will pretty much let you run anything stock (except 4WD)
THE DAD is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM
  #5270  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
THE DAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gitsum
How old ya gotta be for that class?
40
THE DAD is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 07:44 PM
  #5271  
Tech Adept
 
greasemonkey74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hows the Castle Creations stuff? Does anyone make a reliable ESC and motor? I'm thinking about the new Durango SC truck but if there is not reliable gear for it I may just pass.
While most guys at SRS are running novak and LRP, I've been running a Castle MMP for about a year now without one glitch. The only thing I have to complain about is the sensor port - if you get a little to firm with it, it comes off the circuit board, which they will fix under warranty. I'm a low-budget racer and have it coupled to a hacker E40 motor. I run timing on the ESC, and the truck is as quick as most anything out there. There is a ton of programming options through their software too. If only I could drive and be more consistent I'd see a few more A-Mains.
greasemonkey74 is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 12:11 PM
  #5272  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

SRS Updates-

Track maintenance-
Just a reminder tonight’s practice is 1-9pm. We are going to shut it down 1hr early to do some track maintenance.

2011 Cactus Classic-
I will have the race schedule and rules posted next week Tuesday. Signups will open on-line February 1st 2011 at 10am.
KMR is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 05:08 AM
  #5273  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
syllag1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South of Montreal
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hi SRS crew and racers, we are intending to show up for the Cactus Classic in march(we're from Montreal Canada) and would have a couple of questions so we can try and get ready with the right gear before we attend:

Are pits covered? is there ample seating or do we have to bring chairs?(may sound stupid but we've seen it before!) ?

What tires are used mostly recommended on your track(compound and style i.e. suburbs M3...) for 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are not sponsored and try to keep costs level to a acceptable level

Thanks guys!
syllag1969 is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 AM
  #5274  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

Originally Posted by syllag1969
hi SRS crew and racers, we are intending to show up for the Cactus Classic in march(we're from Montreal Canada) and would have a couple of questions so we can try and get ready with the right gear before we attend:

Are pits covered? is there ample seating or do we have to bring chairs?(may sound stupid but we've seen it before!) ?

What tires are used mostly recommended on your track(compound and style i.e. suburbs M3...) for 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are not sponsored and try to keep costs level to a acceptable level

Thanks guys!



The track is out doors and is not covered. Please bring your own tables and chairs.

The track for Cactus is ran dry so you are going to want to run a small pit tire. Most run Orange JConcept Bar Code Rears and White Fronts with PL 2 stage inserts. These work for both 2wd and 4wd. We also like Losi BK Bar rears “Red” for the rear and Taper Pin “Silver” for the front. We work with most if not all of the tire manufactures and will have more then enough at the shop at a discounted price for the race. Please let me know if you have anymore question. You can email me directly at [email protected]
KMR is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
  #5275  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 30
Default

Where changes made to the track last night or just grooming?
Slovele383 is offline  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
  #5276  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
JayGT2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Touring the AZ
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hows the Castle Creations stuff? Does anyone make a reliable ESC and motor? I'm thinking about the new Durango SC truck but if there is not reliable gear for it I may just pass.
Havoc Pro SC and a Ballistic 550 6.5-4.5. Havnt had any problems with my Havoc Pro SC in my 2wd and my GTB was great in my 4wd Ofna. I NEVER had an issue with my GTB and Ballistic 6.5 besides finding the correct gearing. The ESC's are in the 4wd class are kinda scattered. Dave Ward has a Havoc Pro SC, Tommy Hinz is runnin LRP, Alex and Brandon both ran Tekin's.
JayGT2 is offline  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:48 PM
  #5277  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
JayGT2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Touring the AZ
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default No 10.5 4wd Buggy class at Cactus?

Come on Keoni, you know you wanna add that on the ticket......... Its not like im asking for a Gas Truck class.
JayGT2 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
  #5278  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

Originally Posted by JayGT2
Come on Keoni, you know you wanna add that on the ticket......... Its not like im asking for a Gas Truck class.
Here is a updated Class listing from our web site for the 25th Annual Cactus Classic. Rules, Race Format and other info should be posted today.

Classes-
17.5 – 2wd Buggy
13.5 – 2wd Buggy
Modified – 2wd Buggy

17.5 – 2wd Truck
13.5 – 2wd Truck
Modified – 2wd Truck

13.5 - 4wd Buggy
Modified – 4wd Buggy

13.5 – Short Course-Pro Lite
Modified – Short Course-Pro2
Open – 4WD Short Course-Pro4
KMR is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 PM
  #5279  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayGT2
Havoc Pro SC and a Ballistic 550 6.5-4.5. Havnt had any problems with my Havoc Pro SC in my 2wd and my GTB was great in my 4wd Ofna. I NEVER had an issue with my GTB and Ballistic 6.5 besides finding the correct gearing. The ESC's are in the 4wd class are kinda scattered. Dave Ward has a Havoc Pro SC, Tommy Hinz is runnin LRP, Alex and Brandon both ran Tekin's.
thanks Jay. I'll see what I can come up with
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 03:51 PM
  #5280  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
MartinB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Cactus Classic

Keoni

Thank you for the posting on your website for the event.

Wonder how many of the 350 entrants will go on the first date?
MartinB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.