Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a blast last night, thanks every one that put the series togeather for us. We had plenty of time for warm up last night Thanks Kenny, sorry for asking for 10 min of warm up I should have known better to not ask for more than 3 min. I didn't want to start any problems I was just trying to be considerate to the Nitro guys and to the electric guys that are racing. Keoni is trying to get Nitro going again and we had close to 30 of them last night. I am sure he was happy.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Had a blast last night, thanks every one that put the series togeather for us. We had plenty of time for warm up last night Thanks Kenny, sorry for asking for 10 min of warm up I should have known better to not ask for more than 3 min. I didn't want to start any problems I was just trying to be considerate to the Nitro guys and to the electric guys that are racing. Keoni is trying to get Nitro going again and we had close to 30 of them last night. I am sure he was happy.
It seems the nitro/electric debate is pretty similar to the airplane/car debate. Not many will ever be happy as long as the two are in the same venue. Nitro guys have their way of doing things which typically is not as hurried as the electrics. Not saying it's wrong, just a different situation. Personally, I choose not to go to Florence or other events where there will be a big nitro turnout for this reason alone. I like to race my 3 or 4 races and get home to sleep (I get up for work at 4 am). I am glad Keoni is picking up some business from the nitro guys, it will just add to keeping our race place open.
Just a thought, has the idea of a nitro friday or sunday ever been brought up? I know there are scheduling conflicts to keep in mind with all the other local nitro facilities. Nitro only night...electric only night...hmmm.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
yep..we are the only ones that bitch....please..get a life..gotta love the internet assasins on here...and if you have a problem with me..please come see me...sure we could work out our diffferences
If you been around for 20 some years, then you know me!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Almost 30, WOW, thats great, sounds like you all had a good time, keep it going.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yep..we are the only ones that bitch....please..get a life..gotta love the internet assasins on here...and if you have a problem with me..please come see me...sure we could work out our diffferences
Hey fool.... Who you talking to? I'll gladly come see you if you ever get around to racing again
Old 07-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shocker
Now thats a head banger!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Suspended

pretty sure i have been in this hobby for over 20 years..how about you...
So unless you started racing when you were 2 are you saying you're old?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by aznitronut
I thought the nitro guys needed the time for warm ups, just to piss off the electric guys, they are the only ones that bitch about it! lol
What's funny is when the elctric guys go faster with a electric short bus than quite a few of the gas guys can go
Old 07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
What's funny is when the elctric guys go faster with a electric short bus than quite a few of the gas guys can go
Yep! Point?
Tech Elite

Thats just buggies, they also had a full Truggy class and it was one of the best races I have seen in a long time. The truggies get around the new SRS track great.
Suspended

Originally Posted by az00lude
Yes, I know who you are. You are the guy who storm off the driver stand when Keoni call you in for a stop and go for cutting the track. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Oh SNAP !!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gay vs gay

There should be a rctech reality show, we could just film everyone posting and see how mad they actually get.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Grown men arguing about toy cars on the next Oprah Winfrey show
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

had fun last night even tho my tune was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. gonna get out a lot earlier next week. haven't done any proper tuning since 'bama.

too bad you knuckleheads made trevor's head explode. i like it when people who don't know shit about nitro try to educate all the nitro drivers. btw.... 7 races last night and 4 of them were nitro. 3 full heats of buggy and a half dozen truggies. before you go around talking smack about us and such, why don't you ask keoni how nice it was to have that many racers on wed night?

btw keoni was racing nitro too.

and next wed i'll be idling and warmed up one race before my heat...just like at any nitro race.

i love wed night racing because it's on my day off. i can't take saturdays off for racing in this economy. i've been racing wednesdays off and on for about 3 1/2 years at srs. sometimes i'm slower than the electric guys. sometimes i kick their ass. i was out 2-3 wednesdays ago and was the ONLY nitro racer there. 5 races going on and nowhere near the turnout as last night. if you figure 36guysX15 bucks a head that's $540 bucks in the till BEFORE any of us broke anything or bought sodas or what not.

people talk about supporting your local shop because it's got a great track. there were nitro racers out from as far as surprise last night. next week there will probably be more. i'm certain that SRS appreciates our support.

just my .02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.