Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wild gopher
Grown men arguing about toy cars on the next Jerry Springer show
There, I fixed it!!

I think a lot of "comments" get taken out of context

<<<<<lightbulb>>>>>

An idea......KBRL - PUT UP OR SHUT UP AZ!
Nitro -V- Elec.
$50 per car nitro or elec.

heats are 6 cars
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

im sure it would be real close
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Grown men arguing about toy cars on the next Jerry Springer show
There, I fixed it!!

I think a lot of "comments" get taken out of context

<<<<<lightbulb>>>>>

An idea......KBRL - PUT UP OR SHUT UP AZ!
Nitro -V- Elec.

$50 per car nitro or elec.

heats are 6 cars 3 nitro, 3 electric.
The first "team" Nitro or Elec. that gets 10 wins....wins!
If you own both, pick ONE! pick a side with all the cool kids and run with it.

No bullshit about this broke, I broke that... well I couldn't because...... I shoulda....... if you loose, you loose, no waaabulance, cheese or twisted custom drawls are allowed.

after the track and kenny are paid for...

Winner TAKE ALL!
Winning team sets the rules for the losing team.
Winners own the losers for the rest of the year!
When we race together, the winning team sets the rules....

i.e. no warm up for nitro trucks, fuel it and go or no lipo's allowed in SCT.

One new rule will be added per race, but will not be "An addition to"

Like it says, PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Put me down for electric.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Jerry would work too. At least then someone can get rushed and a few shots in before the guards break it up.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigNasty
if you figure 36guysX15 bucks a head that's $540 bucks in the till BEFORE any of us broke anything or bought sodas or what not.
$540 is good, minus power, water, waste, wages, 1X credit swaps on low price items and whatever other expense there are, he's probably between the green and the black.

I don't know how it was intended, but a Wednesday nitro race isn't really bringin' tha dough.... I thinks it's safe to say, the Brinks trucks are not needed for a deposit on Thursday morning.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Jerry would work too. At least then someone can get rushed and a few shots in before the guards break it up.
Yeah, lol!!

Or Dr. Phil, so everyone can kick his ass!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YotieKillin
why do Nitro motors need ten minutes to warm up? they realize its like 110plus degrees outside! and regardless dont they use a heat gun to warm em up before they start them? That seem a lil retarded to say we need ten minutes to warm up!

Hear Marcus this may help if u did not all ready know

WEATHER CONDITIONS

Itís a simple fact: for optimum performance, you must retune your nitro engine every time you run it. Anyone who assumes that the needles can be left alone once they have been set is sadly mistaken. An overnight change in weather conditions may prevent an engine from running or may put it at risk of some damage if adjustments arenít made to the fuel-mixture settings. Ignoring an engineís tuning needs compromises its ability to make horsepower. In response to certain changes in weather, equipment and other variables, nitro engines must be regularly retuned.

Temperature.

Hot weather requires a leaner mixture setting; cold weather requires a richer setting. Most people assume the opposite because they treat the mixture needle like a thermostat. It is wrong to assume that colder weather requires a leaner setting to keep heat in the engine and vice versa. Cold air is denser than hot air. The denser, colder air packs more oxygen into the engine, so going from hot weather to cold needs a commensurate increase of fuel to balance ratio of fuel-burning oxygen and the fuel itself. The opposite is true in hotter weather. Going from cold to hot weather requires a leaner mixture setting.

Humidity.

Humidity is the amount of moisture (water vapor) in the air. Moisture in the air takes up volume that would otherwise be occupied by fuel-burning oxygen. Less oxygen means less fuel is required to maintain a proper ratio of air and fuel. High humidity requires a leaner mixture setting than dry conditions.

Barometric pressure.

A barometer measures the atmospheric pressure (generally listed in the local newspaper or on the local weather forecast on TV). Higher barometric pressure readings mean more air is getting into the engine, requiring a richer mixture setting to balance the air/fuel ratio.
really doe ? what [how to] books did you copy that crap from ?or are you some gas guru? wow thats alot of info nitro crew chief.says on your post you run stock slash and b4 .wow stock slash that makes me laugh a little.sorry.thanks for short story before bed.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
So unless you started racing when you were 2 are you saying you're old?
yes i am old..lol...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by az00lude
Yes, I know who you are. You are the guy who storm off the driver stand when Keoni call you in for a stop and go for cutting the track. Correct me if i'm wrong.
yes u are right..that was me...and that has been resolved, so thanks for bringing that up...im only gonna say this one time..if you or anyone else has a problem with me please come talk to me about it, or shut your mouth...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaz240
You are Cornholio!! Says so right there
now see thats funny
Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
yes u are right..that was me...and that has been resolved, so thanks for bringing that up...im only gonna say this one time..if you or anyone else has a problem with me please come talk to me about it, or shut your mouth...

What I dont get is this, You havn't really raced SRS since the incodednt (solved yes and not trying to bring it up) and you dont even race gas.... So why are you sticking your nose in it? all that was asked for was a little time to tune the motor and still have the 2 or 3 min track time after that. I will talk to keoni in person about it saturday and see what he thinks about it. All that is really needed is a few extra min at the begining of the first Nitro race. It dosn't need to be for every race as the nitro guys can warm up there cars wile nitro is running. But I will be at SRS saturday racing some 1/8 scale! so you all there!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Old 07-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Stupid RC Drivers

If there's 3 heats of gas make them the 1st 3 heats. 1st heat can warm up while the announcer is getting ready and the others can warm while the other gas heats are running. There's almost always a 5 minute break between heats. It's not rocket science. Everyone happy?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio

That must have hit a nerve.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busdriver
If there's 3 heats of gas make them the 1st 3 heats. 1st heat can warm up while the announcer is getting ready and the others can warm while the other gas heats are running. There's almost always a 5 minute break between heats. It's not rocket science. Everyone happy?
Good idea Bus.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.