Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hey all - just joined up on the forum. Still a newbie to SRS - only been racing 4 or 5 monhts in SC. Been reading some of the recent posts about pro2. When we started racing up there, there was no pro-stock class running so many drivers were put into pro2 whether they were experienced or not. Ya, it sucks to get taken out by a less experienced driver, but we all started somewhere right? I've demoted myself to pro stock 13.5 and am running consistent 10 lap races now. There are other guys still running pro2 who should do the same(2 of which are my teammates).
That said, we REALLY enjoy the track and send out a huge thanks to Keoni and his crew for providing a dedicated facility for us ALL to have fun at! Keep up the good work SRS.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by greasemonkey74
Hey all - just joined up on the forum. Still a newbie to SRS - only been racing 4 or 5 monhts in SC. Been reading some of the recent posts about pro2. When we started racing up there, there was no pro-stock class running so many drivers were put into pro2 whether they were experienced or not. Ya, it sucks to get taken out by a less experienced driver, but we all started somewhere right? I've demoted myself to pro stock 13.5 and am running consistent 10 lap races now. There are other guys still running pro2 who should do the same(2 of which are my teammates).
That said, we REALLY enjoy the track and send out a huge thanks to Keoni and his crew for providing a dedicated facility for us ALL to have fun at! Keep up the good work SRS.
I run Pro2 up there just about every club race they have out there. It can get a little frustrating to get taken out by a slower drive but being the faster driver we should be able to go around... Dont let people crying about it discourage you from coming out and having a good time as thats what we are all out there for!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I Just picked me up a blitz, getting a tekin brushless combo this week. so hopefully n two weeks ill be out
Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by losi_racer
I Just picked me up a blitz, getting a tekin brushless combo this week. so hopefully n two weeks ill be out
Losi racer with an HPI?? So much for brand loyalty. lol
Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rook-e
Losi racer with an HPI?? So much for brand loyalty. lol
ive heard so much bad things about the strike, idk if they are true or not, so i got a blitz
Old 05-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

ive heard so much bad things about the strike, idk if they are true or not, so i got a blitz
Blitz and SC10 definitly handle better, Strike was meant to compete with Slashes not SC10 or Blitz. But Strike is still good to go out and have fun with. Like any Losi car, there will be a Dremel taken to it at some point.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LosiChick
Blitz and SC10 definitly handle better, Strike was meant to compete with Slashes not SC10 or Blitz. But Strike is still good to go out and have fun with. Like any Losi car, there will be a Dremel taken to it at some point.

BTW, nice driving with that Strike on Saturday! That things pretty dialed in. What are you running motor/esc?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

BTW, nice driving with that Strike on Saturday! That things pretty dialed in. What are you running motor/esc?
Thanks! 10.5 Brushless Motor and GTB from Novak

P.S. Who are you?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

ive heard they just arnt durable but ive never driven one or seen one driven so i can not confirm this. I just went with the blitz, ive heard a lot of good things about it. My dremel has already hit the blitz tho lol, I have my tekin ordered, my lipos are ordered, tires are already here. but the only bad thing is my lipos wont be here for like two weeks o well. ill be out the first wednesday i can tho : )
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have my tekin ordered, my lipos are ordered, tires are already here. but the only bad thing is my lipos wont be here for like two weeks o well. ill be out the first wednesday i can tho : )
Ordered? I was at the shop Friday and he had some Tekins on the shelf. I picked up 2 new of the new SMC 6000's but he had some left still...
Old 05-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ultragraffics
Ordered? I was at the shop Friday and he had some Tekins on the shelf. I picked up 2 new of the new SMC 6000's but he had some left still...
I bet the place he ordered it from has an awesome track.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

im sure it was all ordered from TEAM TERRIBLES
Old 05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
im sure it was all ordered from TEAM TERRIBLES
Nope Sure wasn't
Old 05-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks! 10.5 Brushless Motor and GTB from Novak

P.S. Who are you?

I'm Matt. My brother was driving the twin to your truck (that you beat)
Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm Matt. My brother was driving the twin to your truck (that you beat)
Ah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.